Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Re: Problems for late joining & Solutions of late joining

Jan 8, 2013

I just went to join in a match and there was like 25 seconds left... honestly, what is the point? Also annoying joing in a TDM only to see the score is like 12-49.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 51 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4874 posts

Jan 8, 2013
About half my losses are from late join games where the team I join is getting smashed or the match is about to end. Makes no difference to me, my stats aren't that important.

You have 2 options, party up with at least 1 other player or use a tournament ticket. Those will assure you that you won't late join.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 51 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 8, 2013

GamerAlexz wrote:
Join late but the match shouldn't count as a lost if you lose.

^ This.

Renegade_angel95 wrote:
How about this: make a penalty for leaving games, people will quit less, less games in progress, less terrible games to get kicked in to. No need to make these kinds of changes in the first place if there are no complaints about the mass late join ins.

People cried A LOT about the quit penalty in UC2 MP... :smileyindifferent:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 51 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2668 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

GamerAlexz wrote:

^ This.

Renegade_angel95 wrote:
How about this: make a penalty for leaving games, people will quit less, less games in progress, less terrible games to get kicked in to. No need to make these kinds of changes in the first place if there are no complaints about the mass late join ins.

the 30 and 90 secs wait was a bit of a pain - i usually just quit when i had to go i would just turn off the ps3 anyways but there were the times when you had to quit cuz you were playing knobheads

, for UC3 there should be a quit penelty - but just a large money fine (1000 first time, 25000 second time, 50000 or greater 3rd time) and some XP loss

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 51 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2668 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

@Frenz

idea/thoughts dont use purple writing - its still hard to see :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 51 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

GamerAlexz wrote:

^ This.

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

the 30 and 90 secs wait was the pain - i usually just quit when i had to go i would just turn off the ps3 anyways, but for UC3 there should be a quit penelty - just a large money fine (1000 first time, 25000 second time, 50000 or greater 3rd time)

I know people who have over 100 million $ of in-game cash. Money penalty is not the way to go.

A time penalty is more effective, but as I said, this community has a lot of crybabies...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 51 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3855 posts

Jan 8, 2013
They could at least make late joins a little less painful if you joined the game with a medal or two already towards your kickback as compensation.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 51 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
32 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

GamerAlexz wrote:

^ This.

+2

Late joiners can get a win, but no loss.

--------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 51 (153 Views)
Survivor
2668 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

why do the tryhards care so much about money though, i ran into people in UC2 there a week ago and most were max rank and the others were near it - all they were doing is trying to level up - why ??? it doesnt get you anything in UC2, im only 58 and im happy with that.

having you loose some XP would be good also like UC2 (after the second quit you lost XP cash)

i can understand why some people dont like the time penelty - a lot of the in UC2 there was an error and you were removed and it treated it the same as a quit.

there are times when id say its ok to quit - where you are playing with knobheads, they keep voting for the same crap map (desert village when plaza is the other option :smileyhappy:) or where other nonsense happens but a lot of the people who qiut in UC3 were tryhards, KDRS, just didnt want to face being beaten or quit for no reason

ya lowering you XP would help a lot.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 51 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

having you loose some XP would be good also like UC2 (after the second quit you lost XP cash)

ya lowering you XP would help a lot.

Are you serious? LOL

I guess you've never met Level 1 green badge tryhards using SA and Blain/Dillon in UC2 MP. :smileyindifferent: No, it's not a good thing and I explained why.

ps: Don't forget that you can also abuse the level-based matchmaking.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 51 (145 Views)
0 Likes