Gaming Beast
2108 posts

Re: Plunder and Teammates Overtly Not Playing the Objective

Aug 21, 2012
I think that if one team is 4-0 and know one capture's an idol in 5 minutes than the team with 4 goals wins the game atomically. Yes the other team would still have 5 minutes to collect treasure and level up their boosters but at least it's not an entire 10-15min of try to get the treasure when really the other team is loving destoying the people trying to get the idol.

"Joshuaalt, how did you know about the plunder farming?" "I've been on both sides."
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 51 of 58 (28,081 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6647 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2012

Joshuaalt wrote:
I think that if one team is 4-0 and know one capture's an idol in 5 minutes than the team with 4 goals wins the game atomically. Yes the other team would still have 5 minutes to collect treasure and level up their boosters but at least it's not an entire 10-15min of try to get the treasure when really the other team is loving destoying the people trying to get the idol.

"Joshuaalt, how did you know about the plunder farming?" "I've been on both sides."

Fatal Flaw: For a team to win they just need the most captures and if they are in control enough to go 4-0 then they can just as easily maintain a 3-0 for 20 minutes, or even a 1-0 or 0-0 until the last five minutes when they decide to score. They're used to camping the idol so keeping a stale mate of 0-0 would be easy as they would get kills, build kickbacks, and not die as much since they wouldn't be going for the idol allowing them to have a constant watch over it.

Message 52 of 58 (28,077 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2428 posts

Aug 21, 2012

Good about Uncharted 2:

Medals and kills didn't reward you with cash. It gave a ridiculous low amount of cash for kills and a very high amount of cash for capturing the idol and the That was emberassing medal. That was a good thing to do because people that wanted to level up fought for the treasure as much as they could.

Wrong about Uncharted 2:

Kills and deaths count towards competitive stats and there are too much kill farmers because of that.

Good about Uncharted 3:

Kills and deaths don't count for your statistic's anymore while Wins and losses do. This gave a lot of people extra motivation to go for the win. Stat farmers are completely gone in plunder.

Wrong about Uncharted 3

Booster, Cash and Exp farmers are still killing as much as they can. If you want to get a gun that unlocks by plunder treasure sets you put on treasure hunter and you start killing as much as possible. I don't think there is any real fix for this and neither for people that level boosters in plunder. However I can think of 1 small thing that would make it a little better; Changing the medal required for leveling Cloacked. Getting Assassins takes some time and its hard to do in short matches. Thats why people farm it in plunder. Getting Cloacked from level 1 to level 3 takes 20 assassins. I would say change it to 60 or more Oh Snap! medals. Than you also make progress in small matches. Cloacked is the booster I see the most people farm for in plunder so it might help to make it possible to level it in short matches. Exp farmers can be dealt with in the same way as Uncharted 2. Increase the cash for Captured and decrease it for everything that has nothing to do with the objective.

So yes I would say combine that making keeping kills and deaths not counted for stats and decrease the cash for every thing except the objective and increasing it for the captrue. Also it might not be a bad idea to change some requirements for leveling boosters. When you play TDM and you have 2 stealth kills for your Cloacked and the match ends you did not make any progress to level it up. Thats frustrating and I understand people want to play longer matches. Or maybe make a super TDM with 100-150 kills as goal.

Message 53 of 58 (28,051 Views)
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Aug 21, 2012

Hielke6991 wrote:

Good about Uncharted 2:

Medals and kills didn't reward you with cash. It gave a ridiculous low amount of cash for kills and a very high amount of cash for capturing the idol and the That was emberassing medal. That was a good thing to do because people that wanted to level up fought for the treasure as much as they could.

Wrong about Uncharted 2:

Kills and deaths count towards competitive stats and there are too much kill farmers because of that.

Good about Uncharted 3:

Kills and deaths don't count for your statistic's anymore while Wins and losses do. This gave a lot of people extra motivation to go for the win. Stat farmers are completely gone in plunder.

Wrong about Uncharted 3

Booster, Cash and Exp farmers are still killing as much as they can. If you want to get a gun that unlocks by plunder treasure sets you put on treasure hunter and you start killing as much as possible. I don't think there is any real fix for this and neither for people that level boosters in plunder. However I can think of 1 small thing that would make it a little better; Changing the medal required for leveling Cloacked. Getting Assassins takes some time and its hard to do in short matches. Thats why people farm it in plunder. Getting Cloacked from level 1 to level 3 takes 20 assassins. I would say change it to 60 or more Oh Snap! medals. Than you also make progress in small matches. Cloacked is the booster I see the most people farm for in plunder so it might help to make it possible to level it in short matches. Exp farmers can be dealt with in the same way as Uncharted 2. Increase the cash for Captured and decrease it for everything that has nothing to do with the objective.

So yes I would say combine that making keeping kills and deaths not counted for stats and decrease the cash for every thing except the objective and increasing it for the captrue. Also it might not be a bad idea to change some requirements for leveling boosters. When you play TDM and you have 2 stealth kills for your Cloacked and the match ends you did not make any progress to level it up. Thats frustrating and I understand people want to play longer matches. Or maybe make a super TDM with 100-150 kills as goal.

Yeah you see this really often, atleast people are dynamic when leveling cloaked it's even worse if people are just camping with a dragon for leveling scoped-in.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 54 of 58 (28,045 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2428 posts

Aug 21, 2012

Thats actually a little worse now The long ranger is 50m instead of 70. There used to be only 1 spot for it in the Museum. But that didn't work in plunder because people didn't camp in the tower or the museum. While they did in TDM. But now you can get it on serval places so now its possible in plunder.

Message 55 of 58 (28,039 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5143 posts

Sep 5, 2012
I could say maybe increase the requirements needed to level up boosters in non-TDM modes only if you can.

The best thing to do for cash related queries is decrease the amount per kill, decrease the amount for all medals except objective based medals. Finally increase the medal value for objective based medals.

You can also remove Unlucky medals since they serve no purpose in non-TDM modes except for kickback related purposes. Stats don't count and they demotivate people from doing the objective.
Message 56 of 58 (27,994 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 14, 2013

cog182 wrote:
Any thoughts on how this issue could be avoided (at least diminished)? We had some plans during the project but ran out of time.

Hey Mr. Cogburn, long time no see!

Do you plan to do anything about Plunder or objective modes in general?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 57 of 58 (27,913 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

cog182 wrote:
Any thoughts on how this issue could be avoided (at least diminished)? We had some plans during the project but ran out of time.

• set a money cap (for all modes) - limit how much money you can have at any one time so that you cant have an endless stockpile.

- e.g. say 150000$ cap (just an example) - you cant exceed that - if you want to buy all boosters and kickbacks say - you can only buy a few at a time - you would then have to save up your money again. most people have millions stockpiled and if they wanted could just keep spending and spending

imo boosters and kickbacks and stuff should not be unlocked by level, but rather should only have to be bought (could even give them a cost increase so that it would take a while to buy them)

• bring back the high rewards for completing objectives from UC2 and lower the money you make from kills.

• XP and money should be focused on use of the idolor objective

- number of times you carry it a certain distance (important you have to cover ground, no camping), or score   it.

• should be defender medals - for defending your teammate who is carrying the treasure (having carried the treasure a distance, no camping with it).

• "Tip Off" medal should be awarded more than once - i.e. at every idol respawn - not just after every score but also when it is thrown and left to respawn.

•  kills and deaths should not even show up or be seen - they shouldnt show up on the scoreboard or anywhere else. - this is the big one.

• no kill based medals - including "The Long Ranger" medal

• remove deathmatch AND multi-marked man from team objective and just have 2 extra rounds of turf war and king of the hill. - king of the hill being the deciding 5 round - they are kill based modes and only promote more focus on killing in all objectives

Message 58 of 58 (27,903 Views)
0 Likes