Nov 19 2012
By: Renegade_angel95 I Only Post Everything 1011 posts

Plunder and Team objective medal/cash changes.

[ Edited ]
13 replies 227 views Edited Nov 19, 2012

So I am looking through the medals and I am seeing that it's hardly worth playing the objective if you're looking for cash. I recall Plunder being only useful for kill farming in Uncharted 2, then Naughty Dog changed the cash values in it and Objective and not only was kill farming useless but playing the objective was highly profitable.

So here are some of the values I have suggested, with what they're worth and what I think they should be worth.

Medals to be increased in plunder: Captured right now is worth 500$ and should be increased to around 5000$. Protectorate is worth only 250$ I believe 1500$ is a fair price. Tip off is 500 and is fine, I don't think people should run in and die just to get the medal... No more than they already do. No cigar is only worth 750$ but seeing as it's not all too common I think 2000$ is fair. And drop it is only worth 500$ where I think 1000$ would have a little more impact. Those are are all I can think of for Plunder and I think that is all, and though there aren't many with medals but with cash like that I think it'll add more incentive to play the objective, along with the values I am thinking of lower later on.

Medals to be lowered in Plunder/Team objective (I think a lot are lowered by a few hundred $ but I can't remember the exact value): Assistant I'll mention to show I didn't forget it. I think it's fine as it's team oriented. Afterlife is not in plunder or TO I believe so next is Gunslinger, I can't see what the actual value is for plunder but I think 75$ is where this should be at
 along with Commando too. Fisticuffs is still in but I rarely get it, I think 50$ is about right since it isn't objective oriented in anyway. Streak, Fury, Rage and Rampant are absent, thankfully.

Fire in the hole isn't super easy to get, but since it's already used to level boosters, I think 150$ is right here. BBQ is my favorite medal, but on an objective standpoint I think 250$ is where this medal should stand. Assassin should be set to 150$, plus it's used to level Cloaked. Pull down should be 75$ and the same goes for Kick Off. Covert ops I can see about 75$. Triple threat should be around 250$ or 350$. Spray and pray should be worth 0$... Okay, fine... 75$. Head hunter can be 150$. The long ranger seems right at about 150$. I think defender is still in and it's fine as is. Fly on the wall should be 150$. And Tricky should be 75$. Unlucky is fine at 100$.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't remember Retaliation in Objective modes. Oh snap should be 50$. Acquisitions seems fine at 750$. I think Strike three remains but it should be around 50$. Death from above should be 150$. I think Hail Mary is still in, and 200$ seems right. Lucky should remain as is. I think Pull is in game and I think 150$ seems right. The camping medals know as covered, Stay low, and deep cover should remain as is. Sunday stroll, Marathon runner, Think vertically, Comeback and Three kickback king all seem fine to me. In your face seems like 150$ would seem right. Three medal pick up and just cash are fine, obviously. I think Here, hold this is in objective modes, and 150$ seems right. Defused seems fine to me. I think frag'em is also in objective and 125$ is what I'm seeing it should be. And if power killer is in objective then 100$ But I've never gotten it in objective.

I may be missing some, or I could have the values wrong, but I don't remember exactly what the values are in Plunder or Objective, because I don't pay attention to cash and stuff since I am too busy trying to win, all I know is that I get far too much cash from kill based medals even if I lose the game. But any corrections are welcome, I'll gladly edit it. And I apologies for not using a fancy layout that's super easy to read but I am not that talented with forum typing, even as a Mod on another forum I wasn't that great at it. Thanks for soldiering through it. But I did space it a little to make it easy on the eyes as best I can.

As for Team objective changes I think Major cash increases seeing as in my experience I don't get too many because they're very picky: Expansionist is only 1000$ and that is hardly worth attempting for other than leveling deposit, so I think 5000$ will make it worth holding the zone with your team, None shall pass needs to be at least 2500$ But I am thinking 3500$ myself. Also I think guard duty is in objective... Not sure but if it is I think 1000$.

Not too many for objective but I mostly wanted other medals decreased with MASSIVE cash for anything to do with the objective which is basically what I typed above. Now I know some of those could stack up and be worth insane amount of cash, but I can get insane amounts of cash in Deathmatch based games by doing what Deathmatch is made for, killing, so I think getting insane amounts of cash for playing the objective in an objective mode seems only fair.

Along with the Medals I think the win bonus should be increased. Not sure what to, but at least something worth making me want the win if I am trying to level up. Also I recall kills in Uncharted 2 being changed to a measly 2$ and that seems spot on to me. With the medals and cash values above, it would make playing the objective far more profitable than kill farming. You could go kill farming with the cash values above and get 40-50k off kills alone with no scores, but it'll take you 20 minutes. If this were implemented in game then Plunder and TO if played correctly will yield great cash amounts to those willing to win the game while making kill farming useless for people wanting easy cash, or at least I think so. Now I am Max rank, but when I was trying to level up, Plunder and Team Objective were the last things I wanted to do because they are not worth playing when wanting to level up. That needs to be changed.

That is all I can think of as I am typing this out right now, if anyone thinks of any changes I will gladly edit this post. Maybe some should be worth more, and maybe some should be worth less, what do you, the reader think?

And looking at the front page, I see there are a ton of other threads with more ground breaking, game-changing ideas, but this is something that was done in Uncharted 2 and from what I saw it worked beautifully because I never saw kill farming after that and I think this would be the easiest to implement as it's only changing cash values.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT** I'll post any edit's to the thread below which include, disagreements with this post, suggestions, and additions.

From OP- "And drop it is only worth 500$ where I think 1000$ would have a little more impact". Scootgar stated it would be a mistake to increase the cash for Drop it and has made a post stating why below, which I agree with and now don't think drop it needs an increase.

From the OP- "Captured right now is worth 500$ and should be increased to around 5000$" Reply from Blooddrunk123-"I dont really think $500 for a captured should become $5000. Its a bit much so I think maybe $1000 should be more appropriate."

MachoTbig informed me that retaliation is in TO, I would assume 100$ like most other deathmatch-like medals.

Message 1 of 14 (227 Views)
Limit Breaker
17641 posts

Re: Plunder and Team objective medal/cash changes.

Nov 19, 2012
Nice post, there are already a couple major threads on this you might have added to rather than start another, but goods points.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 2 of 14 (213 Views)
Limit Breaker
17641 posts

Nov 19, 2012
Oh and increasing the money for Drop It is a very very very bad idea.

Message 3 of 14 (212 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Nov 19, 2012

scootgar wrote:
Oh and increasing the money for Drop It is a very very very bad idea.

Is it? Why do you think so? Should it be decreased or stay the same? An answer would be appreciated.

And there are other threads that are typed and gone into detail that are WAY better than mine, but I just wanted to address cash flow as it would be the easiest implemented and it was done in Uncharted 2 and made a MAJOR difference. I think it'd be easy to implement and it could probably be done on a Live update, or wait until patch 1.16 and be added as a side addition. It doesn't seem like it'd be too resource intense.

Message 4 of 14 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Tweet this thread to @RobertCogburn. He had asked for Plunder/Obj suggestions.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 5 of 14 (193 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Nov 19, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Tweet this thread to @RobertCogburn. He had asked for Plunder/Obj suggestions.

Um, well, I don't use Twitter *Embarrassed face*. I don't really use any social media lol. But if anyone else wants to they definately have my permission. Or I'll get my younger sister to do so, she's in with all that hip stuff. Thanks.

Message 6 of 14 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17641 posts

Nov 19, 2012
The problem with drop it is its a cash farm medal. Farmers sit, looking at the idol and wait for someone to pick it up THEN kill them.

Heck even I can time the animation to start hitting someone and have then sure right add they complete the pick up.
Needs to be lower. Although if they make a capture $5000, as you suggest, no one will care...

Message 7 of 14 (182 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Nov 19, 2012

scootgar wrote:
The problem with drop it is its a cash farm medal. Farmers sit, looking at the idol and wait for someone to pick it up THEN kill them.

Heck even I can time the animation to start hitting someone and have then sure right add they complete the pick up.
Needs to be lower. Although if they make a capture $5000, as you suggest, no one will care...

Good point, I thought of that which is why I only suggested 1000$ but it does make sense as I could take a T-bolt and get 5k with it.

Message 8 of 14 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Nov 19, 2012

I dont really think $500 for a captured should become $5000. Its a bit much so I think maybe $1000 should be more appropriate.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 9 of 14 (154 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

I dont really think $500 for a captured should become $5000. Its a bit much so I think maybe $1000 should be more appropriate.

I can't remember what it was in Uncharted 2, but there is no "that was embarrassing" medal and that was worth 10k alone in Uncharted 2, I think captured is worth 2-3k in Uncharted 2. I mean if you get 5 captured you'll get 25k plus whatever other medals you earned and assuming you get a few protectorate medals you'll have maybe around 35-45k and that could be earned either really quick or take 15 minutes. I think 5k is fair myself, but I'll still ad yours to the op.

Message 10 of 14 (148 Views)
0 Likes