Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Give OBJ Modes The Same Love as TDM (EDIT)

Oct 3, 2012
Maybe it's because the Unlucky fits in the TO universe, but removing it won't.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 21 of 154 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Oct 4, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:

this thread is not about the unlucky medal. move along

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 22 of 154 (242 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 4, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Good point. Here's my reply to your thread:

Regarding the lack of medals that reward the player for doing what the objective is telling you to do, you're right. There should be medals to reward you for even bothering with the idol eg Selfish (hold on to the idol for more than 1 minute) Whack -a-mole (whack three people with the idol) Superglued (score more than 80 points in Treasure Hunter).

For Plunder, I reckon there's a medal before for going 5-0 in a game. Adding to that: Grippy (catch the idol from mid-air) Greedy (capture the idol more than 3 times) and some of the Treasure Hunter medals I stated.

Regarding money from kills, that should be removed, yes. What should be placed instead is a bigger emphasis on the medals pertaining to the objective, and the money obtained from said medals.

Loadouts, I don't know. I find it unneccessary to even have separate loadouts for different modes. Normally people just make it so that their 4 loadouts suit them for a wide variety of situations presented.

Yes, rather than indirectly treating OBJ with patches for TDM, they should also work on making significant fixes to the OBJ games (and co-op.)

Drop it medal money reward should be lessened, with regard to your opinion on it. What about No Cigar (kill someone about to capture the idol)?

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 23 of 154 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Oct 4, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Good point. Here's my reply to your thread:

Regarding the lack of medals that reward the player for doing what the objective is telling you to do, you're right. There should be medals to reward you for even bothering with the idol eg Selfish (hold on to the idol for more than 1 minute) Whack -a-mole (whack three people with the idol) Superglued (score more than 80 points in Treasure Hunter).

For Plunder, I reckon there's a medal before for going 5-0 in a game. Adding to that: Grippy (catch the idol from mid-air) Greedy (capture the idol more than 3 times) and some of the Treasure Hunter medals I stated.

Regarding money from kills, that should be removed, yes. What should be placed instead is a bigger emphasis on the medals pertaining to the objective, and the money obtained from said medals.

Loadouts, I don't know. I find it unneccessary to even have separate loadouts for different modes. Normally people just make it so that their 4 loadouts suit them for a wide variety of situations presented.

Yes, rather than indirectly treating OBJ with patches for TDM, they should also work on making significant fixes to the OBJ games (and co-op.)

Drop it medal money reward should be lessened, with regard to your opinion on it. What about No Cigar (kill someone about to capture the idol)?

Thanks you for your feedback

I worry about those Plunder medals. Those could be abused, but I like where your head's at.

I agree Dropt It should be lessened. Medals should take on different value depending on what gamemode it is. Also, OBJ medal cash values should be re-written. Drop It should be $50. Its easy to get Drop Its and you can get unlimited of them. No Cigar is probably fine the way it is. As is Protectorate.

Im just all about any changes that can make the modes play like the modes, and not TDM-lite.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 24 of 154 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Oct 4, 2012
Yeah. There should at least be a points to money conversion. And FOR GOD'S SAKE, TAKE OUT DEATHMATCH!

Message 25 of 154 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Oct 4, 2012
But no to your zero cash for kills idea. I play team deathmatch to get fast cash, but the kill cash now I'd fine. You do need to kill in plunder and TO to win, and saving the idol carrier/clearing the way should be rewarded (you don't get protectorates for clearing the way/killing people who didn't shoot the carrier.

Message 26 of 154 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 4, 2012
Protectorate should have an increase to make up for kill cash, if you prefer.
Message 27 of 154 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

Here are some of my medal ideas:

Multi Marked Man

-I Have No Rival: Kill every marked man on the opposing team while you are marked.
-Stayin Alive: I have no idea if Hard Target is in Multi Marked Man like it is for the Marked Man powerplay in TDM, but you get the idea how to obtain this if it isn't.
-Hawkeye: Kill a marked man from 70m away while he's in mid-air

Chain Reaction
-Global Conquest: Capture all five zones without letting the opposing team get in any captures

Turf War
-Keep Offa Mah Property: Capture all three turfs and prevent them from being taken until the round has ended

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 28 of 154 (199 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Oct 4, 2012

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Multi Marked Man

Not even Hard Target is in TO. It's laughable.

Message 29 of 154 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Oct 4, 2012

jjjkur wrote:
But no to your zero cash for kills idea. I play team deathmatch to get fast cash, but the kill cash now I'd fine. You do need to kill in plunder and TO to win, and saving the idol carrier/clearing the way should be rewarded (you don't get protectorates for clearing the way/killing people who didn't shoot the carrier.

I know you need to kill, but why do you need to kill? In order to Cap the Idol. So I'd rather just reward the end product. That way it prevents money farmers from ruining Plunder. TO, kill cash is probably fine

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 30 of 154 (183 Views)
0 Likes