Reply
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Give OBJ Modes The Same Love as TDM (EDIT)

Oct 5, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

@ Stunt

 

ok, gotcha. More, smarter medals would greatly improve TO Smiley Happy


Hell yeah.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 51 of 154 (214 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/21/2010
Offline
1016 posts
 

Re: Give OBJ Modes The Same Love as TDM (EDIT)

Oct 5, 2012

People did show love for Team Objective, then they removed kill-counting. But it does get love because of the 3K Objective points trophy.

Joel's has superhuman hearing due to his integrated Astro A40's :3
Message 52 of 154 (208 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/13/2009
Offline
2477 posts
 

Re: Give OBJ Modes The Same Love as TDM (EDIT)

Oct 5, 2012

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

People did show love for Team Objective, then they removed kill-counting. But it does get love because of the 3K Objective points trophy.


Removing KD tracking definitely has helped Team Objective.

 

Yup, it got a couple trophies. But a few trophies do not change how the mode is played on a game-to-game and playlist-wide basis. And that's the kind of change I want.

 

They also moved TDM to round 5. But, that wasn't the change we wanted either.

 

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 53 of 154 (194 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/11/2007
Online
3857 posts
 

Re: Give OBJ Modes The Same Love as TDM (EDIT)

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

A few other ideas.

 

1. Tipoff medal should be awarded for every single Idol spawn, not just the first one.

2. In-game score board shouldn't track number of kills/deaths, but Idol related info (number of pickups, TipOffs, distance traveled / time spent with an idol, maybe Protectorates etc.)

3. Can we finally fix the Old Quarter Hero exploit - it's been half a year already...

 

 

 

Message 54 of 154 (184 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Online
7532 posts
 

Re: Give OBJ Modes The Same Love as TDM (EDIT)

Oct 5, 2012

Eternal21 wrote:

A few other ideas.

 

1. Tipoff medal should be awarded for every single Idol spawn, not just the first one.

2. In-game score board shouldn't track number of kills/deaths, but Idol related info (number of pickups, TipOffs, distance traveled / time spent with an idol, maybe Protectorates etc.)

3. Can we finally fix the Old Quarter Hero exploit - it's been half a year already...

 

 

 


tipoff is awarded for the FIRST idol grab of the ENTIRE GAME SESSION.......leave as is

 

Sleep Matt signature
Message 55 of 154 (177 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/11/2007
Online
3857 posts
 

Re: Give OBJ Modes The Same Love as TDM (EDIT)

Oct 5, 2012

SteepMatt wrote:

Eternal21 wrote:

A few other ideas.

 

1. Tipoff medal should be awarded for every single Idol spawn, not just the first one.

2. In-game score board shouldn't track number of kills/deaths, but Idol related info (number of pickups, TipOffs, distance traveled / time spent with an idol, maybe Protectorates etc.)

3. Can we finally fix the Old Quarter Hero exploit - it's been half a year already...

 

 

 


tipoff is awarded for the FIRST idol grab of the ENTIRE GAME SESSION.......leave as is

 


There's is not enough Plunder medals as it is, you should reward players for going for Objective, and Tipoff cannot be abused.  In fact it encourages people to go for spawns ASAP.

 

Message 56 of 154 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Online
7532 posts
 

Re: Give OBJ Modes The Same Love as TDM (EDIT)

Oct 5, 2012

Eternal21 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

Eternal21 wrote:

A few other ideas.

 

1. Tipoff medal should be awarded for every single Idol spawn, not just the first one.

2. In-game score board shouldn't track number of kills/deaths, but Idol related info (number of pickups, TipOffs, distance traveled / time spent with an idol, maybe Protectorates etc.)

3. Can we finally fix the Old Quarter Hero exploit - it's been half a year already...

 

 

 


tipoff is awarded for the FIRST idol grab of the ENTIRE GAME SESSION.......leave as is

 


There's is not enough Plunder medals as it is, you should reward players for going for Objective, and Tipoff cannot be abused.  In fact it encourages people to go for spawns ASAP.

 


i dont think that will encourage people to go after the idol its only 500 dollars and if you get all 5 it's a maximum of $2,500 which is chump change compared to what they would make killfarming and booster farming anyway

 

Sleep Matt signature
Message 57 of 154 (171 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/13/2009
Offline
2477 posts
 

Re: Give OBJ Modes The Same Love as TDM (EDIT)

Oct 5, 2012

I agree with Eternal, having Tip Off for every Idol spawn could only do good. You would get a medal torwards your kickback, some cash...but your missing the biggest point--it gives players incentive for playing the objective. And that is what we are really after here.

 

I completely agree with abolishing the post game KD stats...who cares? Your Plunder stat ideas are great. Thanks for replying, finally!

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 58 of 154 (167 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Online
7532 posts
 

Re: Give OBJ Modes The Same Love as TDM (EDIT)

Oct 5, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

I agree with Eternal, having Tip Off for every Idol spawn could only do good. You would get a medal torwards your kickback, some cash...but your missing the biggest point--it gives players incentive for playing the objective. And that is what we are really after here.

 

I completely agree with abolishing the post game KD stats...who cares? Your Plunder stat ideas are great. Thanks for replying, finally!


this is good except parties of 5 don't go after objective much less getting a $500 medal just for being the first to grab

a new idol

Sleep Matt signature
Message 59 of 154 (164 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/13/2009
Offline
2477 posts
 

Re: Give OBJ Modes The Same Love as TDM (EDIT)

Oct 5, 2012

SteepMatt wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

I agree with Eternal, having Tip Off for every Idol spawn could only do good. You would get a medal torwards your kickback, some cash...but your missing the biggest point--it gives players incentive for playing the objective. And that is what we are really after here.

 

I completely agree with abolishing the post game KD stats...who cares? Your Plunder stat ideas are great. Thanks for replying, finally!


this is good except parties of 5 don't go after objective much less getting a $500 medal just for being the first to grab

a new idol


Well, not all parties of 5, but I see your point. You're right: having Tip Off every spawn will not completely fix Plunder alone. But it's an idea that is a great exampe of a change that would improve the gamemode. And it should be one of MANY changes that will all contribute to making a real difference.

 

To stop kill/money famrming, as I say in the OP, we should give $0 for kills, and Medal Cash values should be completely rewritten, favoring Captures and No Cigar for example, and giving $0 for Strike 3, and maybe $50 for Drop It.

 

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 60 of 154 (162 Views)
Reply
0 Likes