Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Re: Give OBJ Modes The Same Love as TDM (EDIT)

Oct 4, 2012
^ we had a whole thread full of ideas, but idk where it went :smileysad:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 154 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2105 posts

Oct 4, 2012

SteepMatt wrote:

ok so for all you saying remove deathmatch from TO what will you put there then?? there needs to be a 5th round

Treasure Hunter, Chain Reaction, Turft War, King of the Hill, Multi Marked Man

there's your 5

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 154 (131 Views)
Survivor
2105 posts

Oct 4, 2012

sanddude20 wrote:

Am I the only one who gets annoyed at how unfair the start of some team objective matches are?

like in facility, the hill spawns so close to the villians.

museum, the heroes 1st chain spot spawns right behind the villians. and the hill spawns right next to the heroes.

I'm sure there are more but these are the 2 that bother me the most, I mean there are obviously other hills in both the stages, why does it favor one side right at the start?

It's obvious some of these maps weren't made with plunder and TO in mind seeing as how unbalanced some turfs/hills/chains are and idol spawns and chest placement in these maps. There are plenty of maps where the idol spawns obviously give one side an advantage, and where chains or hills spawn so close/so far from each other it gives one of the sides the upper hand by so much, especially in these modes where every second counts.

preach brother

The first Hill should be Random. Not always in the same spot. This would end the favoring of one side, every time.

Also, personally I would LOVE to see Chain Reaction in the middle of a round, NOT at the beginning. Again, this would prevent one side from gaining a huge advantage on those maps you mentioned. It would also add to the choas, and add a unique twist in my opinion.

Its one thing for ND to half heartedly implement TO mechanics such as these, its another for them to design it as TDM-lite. Only 2 TO specific medals, and it took a furious campaign (led by scootgar) to get rid of KD stat tracking.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 154 (128 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6901 posts

Oct 4, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

ok so for all you saying remove deathmatch from TO what will you put there then?? there needs to be a 5th round

there's your 5

chain reaction is basically like turf war just with 2 lesser hills and with no points just capture the most hills

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 154 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2105 posts

Oct 4, 2012

SteepMatt wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

there's your 5

chain reaction is basically like turf war just with 2 lesser hills and with no points just capture the most hills

I don't get your point. Ive played plenty of games in which both Chain Reaction and Turf War appeared. If you're arguing for variety, well, no pain no gain. Id MUCH rather play Chain Reaction 3 times and Turf War 2 times than EVER play TDM in Team Objective.

Of course, It would be great if ND made other fun modes for Team Objective. But I think it's safe to say we're stuck with what we have. But that's OK, because...we already have 5 modes besides TDM.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 154 (123 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6901 posts

Oct 4, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

there's your 5

I don't get your point. Ive played plenty of games in which both Chain Reaction and Turf War appeared. If you're arguing for variety, well, no pain no gain. Id MUCH rather play Chain Reaction 3 times and Turf War 2 times than EVER play TDM in Team Objective.

Of course, It would be great if ND made other fun modes for Team Objective. But I think it's safe to say we're stuck with what we have. But that's OK, because...we already have 5 modes besides TDM.

this is what i mean

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 154 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9945 posts

Oct 5, 2012

SteepMatt wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

there's your 5

this is what i mean

Plunder for 2 minutes? It's like Hunter Arena, but, you know. Extra people.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 154 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2105 posts

Oct 5, 2012

This is what I mean:  trying to think up small solutions wont get us very far. We already have 5 modes. Dont need any more.

Yes it would be cool if we had more modes. I like Ali's idea of a 2 Idol "plunder," he made a good thread about it. But I think it's pretty clear we won't be getting news modes until UC4. From a design and resources standpoint, its just not realistic.

What ND can and should be now, with UC3, is adjust Medals cash totals for each game mode (a retaliation in TDM should be worth more than one in Team Objective, for example. Captured should be much more. Ect...). And also patch in new Medals specific to Team Objective (they patched in new medals for UC2 so why not this game?).

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 154 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9945 posts

Oct 5, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

This is what I mean:  trying to think up small solutions wont get us very far. We already have 5 modes. Dont need any more.

Yes it would be cool if we had more modes. I like Ali's idea of a 2 Idol "plunder," he made a good thread about it. But I think it's pretty clear we won't be getting news modes until UC4. From a design and resources standpoint, its just not realistic.

What ND can and should be now, with UC3, is adjust Medals cash totals for each game mode (a retaliation in TDM should be worth more than one in Team Objective, for example. Captured should be much more. Ect...). And also patch in new Medals specific to Team Objective (they patched in new medals for UC2 so why not this game?).

I already stated what I want before(earlier in the thread): more medals. I'm just stating that as a clarification if that's what Steep meant.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 154 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2105 posts

Oct 5, 2012

@ Stunt

ok, gotcha. More, smarter medals would greatly improve TO :smileyhappy:

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 154 (85 Views)
0 Likes