Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Re: Give OBJ Modes The Same Love as TDM (EDIT)

Oct 3, 2012
I don't mean the OP, I mean your reply to tables :smileytongue:

I just hate when people complain about unluckies. There is no problem with having them in plunder and objective, or hunter.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 11 of 154 (289 Views)
Survivor
2122 posts

Oct 3, 2012

shadowlibraboy wrote:
I don't mean the OP, I mean your reply to tables :smileytongue:

I just hate when people complain about unluckies. There is no problem with having them in plunder and objective, or hunter.

Theres no problem to ME, but the medal IS a problem.

Simply due to the fact that Unluckies make certain players play a certain way, they are a problem. Players should not care about dying in a mode in which KD does not count. But, because Unluckies exist, some players do care. And honestly, if even one player plays like a punk and doesnt try to cap the Idol because they are afraid of an Unlucky, that is too many.

Unlucky does more harm than good in OBJ modes, overall, even though I could personally not care less

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 12 of 154 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Oct 3, 2012

shadowlibraboy wrote:
You are against unlucky medals?
It actually gives an incentive to die multiple times.

Honestly, what's wrong with you? It gives $$ Xp and a medal to get your kickback.

There is no problem with the medal being there, and if you actually care about the amount of unluckies that you have, I pity you.

Theres no point of getting one medal towards your kickback when you cant get those medas yourself. It pretty much is saying here you suck.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 13 of 154 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11119 posts

Oct 3, 2012

If Streak, Fury, Rage and Rampant are not in TO and Plunder, why is Unlucky there?

It's just like asking why Wetsuit Elena is not in the game when Wetsuit Drake is.

It doesn't make any sense.

Message 14 of 154 (280 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5992 posts

Oct 3, 2012

As much as I agree that plunder expecially needs to be fixed, with everyone saying just nerf rewards on everything and increase value of captured, it seems like it won't be worth playing.

I mean it seems like there will be not much reward, and with everyone saying that you should earn more the faster you cap it, means that everyone will be in a rush to cap the idol. I've played plunder matches where everyone on both teams goes for the idol, they are rare, but still out there, and they last quite a while, sometimes the whole 20 minutes.

It seems like everyone is saying the bulk of the money should come from capping the idol 5-0 or in under 5 minutes or something, but from my experience a good game of plunder lasts a long timeand is insanely fun might I add. I mean your talking about $5,000 from capping it 5 times, $0 from kills, $0 from every other medal unrelated to the obj, and 0$ from the time bonus cuz it lasted like 17 minutes.

Yea sure it is possible to end the match in a couple minutes and with 5-0, but thats usally because the other team had mostly killfarmers and 1 guy raging capping the idol alone. If the fixes mentioned lately are implemented, yea sure people will start playing correctly, which will make the mode way more competitive and possibly last longer, and you will spend a good amount of time per match and not get as much incentive, because the 30~ kills you got while protecting the carrier meant nothing, or because you didn't cap it fast enough.

Now I'm all for changes to the mode, I just feel like the changes the majority want won't be good in the long run.

photo Sniper.png
Message 15 of 154 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Oct 3, 2012

renatabls wrote:

If Streak, Fury, Rage and Rampant are not in TO and Plunder, why is Unlucky there?

It's just like asking why Wetsuit Elena is not in the game when Wetsuit Drake is.

Alot of things dont make sense. Like how enemys can zoom 10 feet to punch me and them zoom back.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 16 of 154 (273 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18760 posts

Oct 3, 2012

renatabls wrote:

I agree. No sense, yo. :smileyindifferent:

Message 17 of 154 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2122 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

sanddude20 wrote:

It seems like everyone is saying the bulk of the money should come from capping the idol 5-0 or in under 5 minutes or something, but from my experience a good game of plunder lasts a long timeand is insanely fun might I add. I mean your talking about $5,000 from capping it 5 times, $0 from kills, $0 from every other medal unrelated to the obj, and 0$ from the time bonus cuz it lasted like 17 minutes.

Thanks for the feedback. Good point about 20 minute matches.
Rest assured, there will still be an adequate award. I didnt mention specifics about Cap money...but if I did, I'd say make first Cap 1K, Second Cap 2K, and so on. So at minimum you would get 15K, plus the win bonus. So you would get 20K minimum. But thats assuming you get 5 Caps. OR Just make each Cap an even 5K--that way 1 or 2 Cap games would yield some cash.
So, if you won a 20 minute match 1-0, you would have to take the good with the bad. You may not make a lot of money, but at least people are playing the game properly. And this is a game afterall, its for fun. I, and im sure you as well, have had plenty of Plunde games in which I made barely any money. It happens.
The incentive to Cap quickly as possible is only there as a safe gaurd against kill farming in uneven match ups (blowouts). And thats a really important thing.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 18 of 154 (237 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1135 posts

Oct 3, 2012

I agree with the last one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 19 of 154 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Oct 3, 2012

renatabls wrote:

And who let Strike 3 go by unnoticed?

@OP

Support! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 20 of 154 (212 Views)
0 Likes