Mar 12 2012
By: GloZorCoMeTh Survivor 2892 posts

Plunder Is FUN -- When/And KDR Is Disregarded!

33 replies 28 views Edited Mar 12, 2012

Hey all,

Getting ramped up for the Shades Co-op DLC?  Well I am getting pretty bored lately with U3 MP.  To switch it up a bit, I started my first Legacy, and then deleted the DLC Maps to jump back in to the non-ELITE player pool.  Now that I am able to comeback in most matches when I start going negative in KDR, I re-discovered one of my VERY FIRST UNCHARTED MP JOYS again...PLUNDER!

Man.  Suffice it to say, with the way Plunder was handled in U2, and how people used to Kill Farm back in those days, I've mostly opted to play the Deathmatch game types (for a LONG time now).  Anyhow...to make a long story short...I jumped into a Plunder match today, and low and behold...people are REALLY going mostly after that Treasure now.  Even better, your Kills and Deaths do not count toward your Competative Multiplayer KDR.

SO happy about this.

See you all in Plunder Matches until we all start "Wear(ing our) Sunglasses at night!" If you get what I mean there...

2544133150[1].png

Message 33 of 34 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Re: Plunder Is FUN -- When/And KDR Is Disregarded!

Mar 12, 2012

If Plunder could somehow be turned into a virtual reality television event, it would be the highest rated TV show of all time.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 1 of 34 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2892 posts

Mar 12, 2012

So I am not going crazy?

Plunder is FUN again? (Or perhaps it has been since release -- oh well, FUN for me now too!)

2544133150[1].png

Message 2 of 34 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7474 posts

Mar 12, 2012

Maybe it's fun in non-DLC but it's still a pain in DLC.

Message 3 of 34 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2892 posts

Mar 12, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Maybe it's fun in non-DLC but it's still a pain in DLC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My Complete Wishlist of Changes for U3: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4673271

I can see that.

I really hope they implement DLC Map On/Off switches.  Seriously, there are some really good players that show up in the non-DLC map player pool.  But it is SO much more what I expected to see when getting matched up with randoms -- a varied skill level.  I get owned once in a while in the beginning, but usually all I need to do is shift my playstyle to go out in the open less, and I can comeback with at least 4 more Kills than Deaths now.  With the DLC Maps, I would normally get a 1.0 KDR, and would need to use Revenge even if it wasn't successful 100% of the time.  I think I am gonna keep it this way until those DLC Map On/Off switches are implemented.

Perhaps I'll see you in Plunder anyway though

2544133150[1].png

Message 4 of 34 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

Mar 12, 2012

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4676876?tstart=30

You're about a page too late.

No, plunder is not fun again.  Kickbacks amplify the killfarming aspect as does the treasure system+booster leveling.  Randoms generally are terrible even with the DLC player pool, so don't expect a lot of support if you're actually going for the objective (gasp!).

I've pretty much given up on the mode playing as a random, it's unplayable.  If the changes that scoot suggested are implemented it would improve the mode significantly.

sigbar

Message 5 of 34 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Mar 12, 2012

Glozor self-promotion thread number 542.

Ever have an original topic?

He uses this to bring up Plunder, already a hot topic this weekend, and a DLC toggle, a topic from weeks past.

Nicely done, GZ.  Wanna start another G-MAL thread?

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 6 of 34 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2892 posts

Mar 12, 2012

scootgar wrote:

He uses this to bring up Plunder, already a hot topic this weekend, and a DLC toggle, a topic from weeks past.

--------------------------------------

Actually, I am serious.  I haven't played Plunder since one or two times in the U3 Beta.  Plunder was a lot of Fun for me.  What is the issue this weekend?

2544133150[1].png

Message 7 of 34 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Mar 12, 2012

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

scootgar wrote:

--------------------------------------

Actually, I am serious.  I haven't played Plunder since one or two times in the U3 Beta.  Plunder was a lot of Fun for me.  What is the issue this weekend?

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - DarkDuneMRK Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - GloZorCoMeTh

Go read the thread.  

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 8 of 34 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Mar 12, 2012

Actually, competitive KDR does count... on the stats card that people always check.

Message 9 of 34 (28 Views)
0 Likes