First Son
8 posts

Re: Please read if: spinning ring, disk not reading, U3 stops working

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013

By the way i have checked topic starter (arne) profile page: last date he has visit forum was 10-09-2012 (http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/93545).

Don't think we will recieve an answers. Need to write to a forum admin or something....

Frustration overwhelms me and doesn't found an exit. Never thought it may happen to such a firm as Naughty Dog, which i love so much. How can i think about buying an upcoming epic game "Last Of Us" after that...

Message 321 of 375 (815 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013

Disc not working at all please help? i recently got the 250GB Slim (black) which came With The Game of The Year version

and have been haveing disc issues since day 1. Please Help Me. every game i have works except for Uncharted 3

Message 322 of 375 (812 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Feb 11, 2013
I forgot mention in my first post that when I ejected uncharted 3 disc out of my ps3 and turned it around to look at the disc I noticed two globs of melted dust? I don't know what it was but they were right next to each other and big enough to actually notice (about 4mm wide). I couldn't get them off with a cloth I HAD TO SCRATCH IT OFF WITH MY FINGERNAIL!!! Even then I still had trouble getting the tiny melted (whatever it was) fragments off the disc. My MP experience is a little better than it was, but it still loads in littered 3mm increments! :/

Looks like I might have to boycott ND along with boycotting ubisoft. Hmp, will be hard to ignore if they decide to release uncharted 4, especially if the graphics look like the last of us graphics. I, pretty sure either 1) the debs have stopped looking through and reading everyone's comments here and are pretty much solely focused on releasing TLOU or 2) they are trying to find a solution to this issue for us.
If I ever start to think straight, this heart will start a riot in me.
Message 323 of 375 (792 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Today friend of mine tried to run my Uncharted 3 disc on his PS3 and it works >___<. 

Kill me please. Thanks.

Message 324 of 375 (788 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Hello Arne. I'm Martin and i bought all of you uncharted games and they all dont work...uncharted 1 played a few levels. Then when i try to load a game it will just freeze. Uncharted 2 will freeze at the loading menu before the main menu! Uncharted 3 would do the same thing, and if it does load the graphics are all choppy and the audio doesn't work. I heard down the grape vine that the cause of this is from the new ps3 update. If so i was wondering if you guys are trying to fix this at all? or if i just spent all of this money on nothing...

Message 325 of 375 (777 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Hi all, so i went back to the store with the UC3 game, when i tell them it doesnt work they answer me thats not possible since the disk is intact.

So we try the game in one of their PS3, and behold the game works, and on the first try too. 

Then the store clerk explains that this is how disk drives die in PS3s, first one game wont read, then 2, ect, till none work.

But he told me not to lose hope since they can repair it at that store for about 60$! Hurray! Apparently its not the game, its the whole console that has a problem. 

Im sorry for every doubting you, ND.

Message 326 of 375 (739 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Would like to hear about results of your console repair.Will U3 works after that or not.
And haven't clerk explained you why a specific games refuses to be read and others doing well without any signs of problems? That's a really awkward situation (at least for PS3-technically unskilled guy like me).
Message 327 of 375 (713 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Feb 23, 2013
It's weird. For several days (about 3 times that I played on those days, not in a row) my ps3 worked ok and did sync less than 2hrs than it usually does. Then when I played yesterday and today it took agesssss to sync! It always gets stuck at the middle of the white bar at the end of 'level data sync' and right when it's supposed to say 'connecting' it just freezes for however long - it spares sometimes (if I'm fortunate) less than 20 mins or when it's irritating and a huge waste of time any where from 1 hr to OVER 2 hrs to sync! I'm not even joking!

It has to be a patch issue, my ps3 is really old and a phat model but when I first played uncharted 3 multiplayer it took less than 5 seconds to sync. Now it takes more than 2 hours!! **bleep**?!
If I ever start to think straight, this heart will start a riot in me.
Message 328 of 375 (619 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 24, 2013

uncharted 3 not working on my ps3

whenever i insert the disc and play the game, a blank screen appears and nothing happens untill i press ps home button and then it asks me to quit the game..

any help

Message 329 of 375 (608 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

So, what...there are posts here from months ago, did this never get fixed? I just got the game about a week ago, finally getting around to popping it in tonight, and all I have is the spinning ring. The disc shows up on the XMB, the "wallpaper" shows up in the background when I leave the cursor on it for a moment without selecting it. U3 is the only game with which I'm having this problem.

Message 330 of 375 (596 Views)
0 Likes