Sackboy
624 posts

Re: Please read if: spinning ring, disk not reading, U3 stops working

Jan 23, 2012

Here's all I can tell you arne.I have a ps3 slim 250gb and when my ps3 stoped reading disks was after uncharted 3 froze while loading map and after that I couldn't get Uncharted 3 to work.Also all my other disks didnt work eathier.

I seriously believe it was uncharted 3 that messed my ps3 up as I've never had problems with other games before.If i could get my ps3 replaced by you guys that would be awesome.I live in Los Angeles btw

Message 21 of 381 (1,753 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

Jan 23, 2012

I had this problem before.  DId you try cleaning off the disk?  After I cleaned the disk this problem went away.  If the blue ray disk is mildly dirty it seems to do this.  Hope this works for you!

Message 22 of 381 (1,753 Views)
Monster Hunter
20 posts

Jan 23, 2012

seriously!?? yeah i'm sure nobody would think to do that!!! look at the other threads dude this is not a dirty disc issue..

Message 23 of 381 (1,753 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

Jan 23, 2012

Try restoring corrupt data or delete game data utiltiy.   If that doesn't work your blue ray lens may be broken.  Or defective disc.  Try another disc and see if the lens reads it.  Apparently that is a common problem with the PS3's.  It happened to my first PS3. 

Message 24 of 381 (1,753 Views)
Sackboy
624 posts

Jan 23, 2012

As RAACHOR1 said.This has nothing to do with the disk being dirty or scratched.My U3 disc is very clean and everyother game aswell.I have done just about everything i can do software wise to see if i can fix the ps3

I've even formatted the whole system which took 14 hours i think.U3 broke my ps3 and i want my ps3 replaced by ND.

Message 25 of 381 (1,753 Views)
Monster Hunter
20 posts

Jan 23, 2012

correct! peep my new thread k3vinpwnz-   if it is the blu ray laser which is highly likely i believe it to be because u3 is a 45gb dual layer disc and the need to constanlty stream from the disc is what causes the error with some ps3 machines.. in fact surely it doesn't take a genius (i hear ND employs a few of these) to realise that is why people such as me then go on to find ALL GAME DISCS STOP WORKING...U3 fries the laser!!!! of this i am certain..why only some machines i do not know..but i have had 4 ps3 systems and various issues with all of them..i have never been more certain its the game discs!! its the game discs!! its the game discs!! its the game discs!!its the game discs!! its the game discs!!its the game discs!! its the game discs!!its the game discs!! its the game discs!!its the game discs!! its the game discs!!

yes i have done file restore

yes i formatted my hdd (13 hours!!!)

yes my disc is clean i am 29 years old not a filthy fingered child picking his ass then rubbing it all over the game disc!!

Message 26 of 381 (1,751 Views)
Splicer
87 posts

Jan 24, 2012

ok i just saw this post and my issue is the disk is not showing up on the xmb.

i reloaded game utility data and seems to have repaired it for now.

other games are fine have checked multiple disks.

is there an answer? will this reappear?

have a slim smaller hard drive by the way.

also why does software cause hardware not to function? i don't understand that.

Message 27 of 381 (1,751 Views)
Splicer
87 posts

Jan 25, 2012

ok here is what is new disk will not show up again. Hello has anyone noticed that this disk is very thin as compared to other ones? also if you listen to the drive while it is loading it sounds differnt from other disks this leads me to belive that the thiness of the disk is affecting either the seating on the spindal or the reconition of the disk by the machine.

this would explain why some models work and other will not.

why is this disk so thin as compared to others? let us see how much we can save on plastic manufactue's question.

1 other issue this disk is endorced by Sony it should have no problams working last I heard Sony backs up their licenend

products

please help

Message 28 of 381 (1,751 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Jan 26, 2012

Australian customer here. Very unhappy with the numerous conectivity and freezing issues.

I know for a fact that this is an Uncharted 3 issue only, other onlne gaming on the PS3 have no issues.

I am constantly receiving these issues:

Network error....

Cant Sync levels...

Cant Sync players...

Cant get ticket...

There are no issues with my network or internet as other internet sources have been running at the time as these errors.

Then when I finally do get on, sometimes the selected player "eg custom hero" will not appear. This means that when I try to connect to a "find game" it will freeze and lock up the PS3.

Sometmes I will get connected however when I am listed in a find game, after it has found other players, their rank number will not appear in their shield. When this happens again, the game will freeze and lock up the PS3.

Sometimes through mid game, the system will freeze, player cant be moved, system locks up and has to be restarted.

Sometimes the audio will drop out, freezing the game, thus having to restart.

Each restart is accompanied by the "three" beeps.

These problems have been ongoing since day one, seemed to be less frequent ofter 018 update but now with 019 I can hardly get on.

ts really frustratong and I dare not pay any money for DLC until this issue is resolved. In fact, should be offered for free once it has.

If there is anything that I can do to assist, let me know. Its a great game but frustrating not being able to get on and when I do, not knowing how long I have before it kills the PS3.

Message 29 of 381 (1,751 Views)
Splicer
87 posts

Jan 27, 2012

Hello any response?

Message 30 of 381 (1,751 Views)
0 Likes