First Son
10 posts

Re: Please read if: spinning ring, disk not reading, U3 stops working

Sep 16, 2012

Помогите пожалуйста разобраться с моей проблемой! какое то время назад uncharted 3 перестал загружать. в самом начале когда крутиться кольцо, игра не запускается, кольцо может крутить пол часа час, а игра не работает.бывает что после какого то времени 10-15 минут, игра все таки запускается, но все равно нормально не работает!диск проверял на приставке у друга. все отлично работает, так что с диском проблем нет.но купив новую приставку, проблема не изменилась!пожалуйста помогите!

Please use plain text.
Message 271 of 368 (1,973 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Hi,
I'd like to share my experience with the game.

I bought it a couple of days ago, ran it, downloaded and installed the patch (1.14) as it prompted me to do, ran it again, and got stuck on the spinning ring, without even getting to language selection.
Tried again, same result. Then I went online and found that this was quite a common problem. As suggested, I deleted all game profiles, and tried to run the game without installing the patch; it got a little better, I got to menu screen, started the campaign but could not get through the spinning ring afterwards (music would cut off abrutly and the game hang there with the ring spinning). It would start multiplayer, though, so I knew it was not a disc or hardware issue, but something software related.
To make a long story short, I tried every possible solution found on this (and other) forums (i.e. deleting game profiles, resetting ps3 caches, changing ID, playing a different game before starting UC3, etc etc...).

What worked for me was, in this order:
1) delete everything game related (nothing regarding UC and UC2 as I have not played those games);
2) create a new ID (not "signed in" to any profile);
3) start the game with that new ID;
4) install the latest patch (1.14) and play the game with that ID. So far everything seems to be fine (citadel level).
(Note that starting the game with the new ID but w/o the patch would get me to the game menu but result in the spinning ring when I tried to start the campaign).

I have not (dared not) try to start it again with my ID just in case something would get corrupted again.

I have an original FAT PS3 60GB bought in JAPAN.
Hope this helps at least someone.

That being said, I believe that the situation is unacceptable. I have bought this game almost a year after it has been released and I find it absurd that still no definite solution has been found. For example, the way I am playing the game doesn't allow online multiplayer (not that I care too much, but nevertheless...). Moreover, every time I launch the game I'm always doubtful that it may not work again.

And it is a shame since the (campaign) game is really worth it, it really is a great game.

But I won't buy anything else from ND (UC2 or other games) till I see every issue solved. I have never had any problems with any other game I bought for PS3, and I don't see why I should "risk" buying something not knowing for sure that it will work (I play games on PS3/XBOX and not on PC mainly for that reason).
Just my two cents.
Cheers

Please use plain text.
Message 272 of 368 (1,955 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 18, 2012

sir i am having problems at the start screen where it says HAPPY fortune hunting it freezes and i cant go past it help !!!!!!!!!!

Hitman Blood money The Best ~_~
Please use plain text.
Message 273 of 368 (1,914 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Sep 26, 2012
same problem as sohaibmss2010. Any solutions?
Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - zainzombie
Please use plain text.
Message 274 of 368 (1,838 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3522 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

EDITED

Plaese lik mi posts! 1 lik = $1 4 mi PS4 budjet
Please use plain text.
Message 275 of 368 (1,797 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 4, 2012

arne wrote:

brightheart wrote:

Hey all, I just followed Arne's instructions and they worked. My game works again!

Here are the instructions again in case you missed 'em.

1.  Go to your PS3 XMB

2.  Scroll right until you get to the "Game" icon

3.  Scroll up to "Game Data Utility" and hit X.

4.  Scroll down to the Uncharted 3 icon, hit Triangle and select "Delete."  Do this for any/all Uncharted 1, Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 items. ONLY do this in the Game Data Utility screen - this will NOT delete your game saves. But it will require you do re-download all previously released patches.

5.  Then, insert your copy of U1 or U2, load up the game and wait until it gets all the way to the main menu (and possibly start a new game, let it make a save file and then quit out).

6. Once you've done all that, put in U3 and see if it clears up the spinning ring and you get to play.  I would go ahead an try this a few times just to be sure.

All I would add is you have to still go back to the Playstation Store and redownload your online pass (you don't have to re-purchase, just re-download).

Glad you got it to work this way - let me know if this comes back up again and you can't seen to fix it.

So, I'm just speculating on my own here, but it seems like there might be more than one reason you can get the spinning ring and each has it's own way to fix it.  I'll talk with the rest of the team on Monday about this.  We're still working with other people via PM in the meantime.  Thanks for everyone who has done this. 

So I just recently tried this about 3 times. Sad to say, it still doesn't work. I mean, it gets me out of the initial loading screen, but that's always done that. But the cutscenes still lag up, the sound chops up and becomes out of sync with the scene, and the bgm at times dies out. Is this a disc problem? If so, can we get the game as a download?

Please use plain text.
Message 276 of 368 (1,708 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Oct 4, 2012

This game I hate it so much always freeze at adventure co-op maps it wont start The GODDAM AIRPORT!! Need to play it to gain my last Trophy fix this **bleep** prontO!....Or just make the "knowlegeable Gentleman" treasure set to purchase on store or something!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 277 of 368 (1,703 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 7, 2012

Yesterday, after trying to restore my file system, and eventually doing a complete system restore, the game still wouldn't work smoothly. It annoyed the hell out of me, but I love this series a lot, so I stuck it out. I played through it the whole day, from beginning to end. It stil had lots of lag and audio chops, and sometimes the background didn't render properly for a few minutes, but I played on.

Please use plain text.
Message 278 of 368 (1,669 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Same issue. Seriously mad here.

Please use plain text.
Message 279 of 368 (1,649 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 8, 2012

K3ViNPwNz- wrote:

Here's all I can tell you arne.I have a ps3 slim 250gb and when my ps3 stoped reading disks was after uncharted 3 froze while loading map and after that I couldn't get Uncharted 3 to work.Also all my other disks didnt work eathier.

I seriously believe it was uncharted 3 that messed my ps3 up as I've never had problems with other games before.If i could get my ps3 replaced by you guys that would be awesome.I live in Los Angeles btw

I have the very same issue. Thanks U3 team.

Please use plain text.
Message 280 of 368 (1,648 Views)
0 Likes