Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Re: Please read if: spinning ring, disk not reading, U3 stops working

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2012

I said that I was willing to send my 80GB PS3 and my Uncharted 2 a while ago, but I never received a PM.  

Yes, Uncharted 2.

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - hoopblaze
Please use plain text.
Message 261 of 368 (770 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1057 posts

Aug 22, 2012

Wished I'd seen this earlier - my brother's Slim PS3 has this issue - he could never get UC2 or UC3 to play. I've only had issues with a non static background

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 262 of 368 (745 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Aug 25, 2012

What has the hardware got to do with all the problems? Surely the developers need to make sure they release a product that people are paying for which is going to work on every version of the PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 263 of 368 (706 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 29, 2012

It's hard to believe this game came close to game of the year. I am so unbelievably **bleep** right now, ughh. I got to play online for about an hour turned off my console and i've spent the last hour trying to sync to your servers. I just payed 60 dollars for this and now looking at all these complaints I honestly regret springing for this. I doubt you guys will fix this anytime soon which is unfortunate because the mp is phenomenal imo. I guess i'll just trade it in mor some Mw3 at least that games reliable.

Please use plain text.
Message 264 of 368 (649 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 29, 2012

Hey guys,

UC3 player from New Zealand here. Just thought I'd chip in my 2 cents worth in relation to this issue and the solution that's worked (so far) for me.

I had bought the UC3 game about a month or 2 ago (late adopter, I know!). I only tried to play it for the first time 2 days ago. I put the disc in, the PS3 told me it had found the latest software for the game (version 1.14) and that I needed to download it. It gave me 2 options, press X to download and continue or press O to not download. If I pressed X, my PS3 would beep 3 times and then crash and restart. If I pressed O, I would get a blank, black load screen with Sir Francis Drake's silver ring spinning in the bottom right hand corner. I believe this has come to be know as the "Spinning Ring of Death" in some forums?

Anywho, I came online and searched various forums for solutions, and found few that were convincing and none that seemed to work reliably, or that were universally applicable. I came across this thread where a Naughty Dog developer suggested that we try deleting game data from all Uncharted games, restarting Uncharted 2 and then trying Uncharted 3 again, however that did not work for me. One gamer suggested simply waiting until the HDD light on the PS3 had stopped blinking as the combined action of loading the disc and downloading the latest patch was too much for the PS3 hardware. This too did not resolve the issue for me. I tried cleaning the disc, as the Naughty Dog developer suggested (I had already tried this as my first troubleshooting method), but no result. 

Finally, on the off chance that my disc was faulty, I took my game back to the store, explained the situation and they swapped the disc for me. I tried the new disc, and my game has worked flawlessly so far (*knock on wood*), however I am only on Chapter 4.

I just thought I'd let you guys know what did and didn't work for me on the off chance that it was useful. I'm a fairly novice gamer (console gaming in particular) and so I'm not really sure of any of the technical reasons for any of this. The two discs (the one that didn't work and the one that did) both looked identical. Both had "rainbow coloured, wavy lines" on the back and the one that worked had a fingerprint smudge on it. There were no scratches on either of them.

I hope that's helpful to someone.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Message 265 of 368 (645 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Sep 6, 2012

I cleaned my disc, deleted the game utility data and now am to play the game. 

psn= thecubano

80gb
Photobucket
Ps3 Since 12/25/07
Please use plain text.
Message 266 of 368 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Why would deleting the game files do anything? The patches they have released are all the multiplayer component. It's not that I don't think it's a potential solution, but logically how would that even work? I can't quite see how removing files that are there to provide improved play with the online servers would have an effect on the basic game loading. At the same time I find it hard to believe this is still broken. I lot of the issues just seem to be the game itself.

Please use plain text.
Message 267 of 368 (564 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2012

Has there been any developments in finding a solution yet?

Please use plain text.
Message 268 of 368 (518 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 11, 2012

I bought the GOTY edition last week, and sad to say I haven't been able to play it properly as the music sometimes doesn't play, and the cutscenes don't load, or take too long to load. Has there been a fix yet? I love the Uncharted Series, and it's a shame I can't play this one. 

Please use plain text.
Message 269 of 368 (517 Views)
Splicer
46 posts

Sep 11, 2012
Still waiting after all this time :T
Please use plain text.
Message 270 of 368 (502 Views)
0 Likes