Splicer
80 posts

Re: Please read if: spinning ring, disk not reading, U3 stops working

Feb 14, 2012

just tweeted Arne and he has never replied.

very, very disappointed.

and yes, my GOW3 disc is working.

Message 81 of 375 (540 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Feb 14, 2012

Does anyone know if it's related to the model Playstation 3?  I have the 250gb slim model from when it launched, and Ive only had the spinning disc problem when both the other players in co op adventure quit while the match was starting (time in between lobby and 1st custscene.) Other than that Uncharted 3 runs flawless on my Playstation 3.  Just fix that annoying glitch where you and your buddy stealth kill a person at the same time in co op and he drops 2 grenades.

Message 82 of 375 (540 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Feb 14, 2012

last i heard it was only certian models affected. no one has gotten a list from any where.

Message 83 of 375 (540 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Feb 14, 2012

Seriously?? No update for days?? I just received UC3 for a birthday present. I pop it in and start playing it. I complete 67% of the game and suddenly the walls became invisible. I saw enemies ducking and hiding, yet nothing was covering them. Then, the system froze. I had to restart the system and since then, I've had the infinite spinning ring issue. Granted, throughout the 67% of the game that I completed, there were times that the loading screens took far longer than they should have. After deleting all the game data, I attempted again. Same issue. Restart. This time I tried multiplayer. I got in. I played a couple rounds of MP. I then restarted, attempted to try single player again. Froze. I then resorted to deleting my save files. Tried again. Didn't even get past the first loading screen. I tried a few more times and finally I was able to start another single player game. I got to the second chapter in the South American museum. Then it froze. Since then, I have not been able to get back into single player. I deleted all my old UC1 & UC2 game data AND save files. I created a new save file for UC2 like suggested earlier in this thread. UC2 loaded perfectly and I was able to create a save file. Popped UC3 in AGAIN, got past the main Naughty Dog screen and it froze up at the spinning ring....

I've tried other games such as UC2, GoW3 and a few others. All work perfectly. I also tried a blue ray dvd. Worked. The disc is brand new and went from the game case directly into the PS3. This is incredibly frustrating and GameStop won't let me return the game for $$ back (which is somewhat understandable). They said if the disc is faulty, they will give me full price in store credit...however; it will be impossible to determine if the disc is faulty....

How the hell can we not have a solution after all this time. Just searching, I've seen this issue dating back to release in November. Ridiculous. As it stands, I have a gift that is only servering as a drink coaster.

Message 84 of 375 (540 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 15, 2012

OK ND.   I've now concluded that you are being ridiculous.   No responses, no suggestion of fixes to come, no solutions.   Nothing.  You asked about people shipping you machines but we've seen no follow up and no status or results.  

On that note - are you telling me that ND really didn't spend 20 or 30 thousand dollars to set up every conceivable configuration of PS3 for testing a game that shipped 3.8 million units on the first day?  Really?

As the first person who offered to ship you a problematic PS3 quite accurately pointed out:  You are acting like Naughty Dog is run out of someone's garage.  I think it time to reconsider your customer support model.

I'll follow up with an email lodging a complaint and demanding  my money back.   I suspect you might see a few more of those coming your way.  We buy console games for problem free gaming.   You might want to think about that.   

Message 85 of 375 (540 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Trainglecat, you are right on. There is obviously some sort of issue due to the sheer amount of people complaining about a very specific issue. The fact that ND has been COMPLETELY silent on this issue for some time now is utterly ridiculous. A simple aknowlegement stating they're looking into this and hope to have a solution would be somewhat satisfactory. The fact that this wasn't noticed before the product shipped is also ridiculous.

ND, JUST RESPOND TO THE COMMUNITY! It's quite simple, really. I will be lodging a complaint and requesting my money back as well since GameStop in store credit doesn't cut it. Why should I be forced to obtain in store credit only when the product is faulty to begin with? Also, my private messages to certain developers have been ignored. Individuals will defend the developers by stating "they're busy". Well, a simple message/post regarding this issue takes 2 minutes. Not freaking difficult, is it?

Message 86 of 375 (540 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 15, 2012

i wrote them a while ago(webhelp@naughtydog.com) when this first happened to me..i never got any response.i also sent a pm to arne..no reply... is there anywhere else we can email? maybe if we flood someone with complaints they will do something.

Message 87 of 375 (540 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Yeah, they have been completely unresponsive. Maybe bombarding their emails with complaints will wake them up. Ridiculous. Completely ridiculous.

Message 88 of 375 (540 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 16, 2012

demoney:   I think they specify that email address for issues with their website.  I sent a note to their general email which is ndi-dog@naughtydog.com

Message 89 of 375 (540 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 16, 2012

Arne :

My uncharted 3 game isn't working anymore since I installed the latest patch 1.04 . Before I installed this patch, I had no problems with the game. Since then i can't get past the loading screen with the spinning ring. I hope you can help me with this.

Message 90 of 375 (540 Views)
0 Likes