Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Re: Please make option to turn off "game in progress" joining

Oct 16, 2012
Bad idea. Then no one will join late meaning rage-quitters would not get replaced
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 11 of 27 (199 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Oct 16, 2012
@tap I totally agree. Make it worth staying for.

How about you only get a loss if you quit. Stick around and get no loss no matter the outcome. Plus the other rewards you mentioned for staying in a likely lopsided loss.
Message 12 of 27 (197 Views)
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Oct 16, 2012

I would be much more interested in an option to turn off the stats of statistical headgear. Then I could wear the cool loking hats on my favorite skins without worrying about the dumb stats

R.I.P POGO
Message 13 of 27 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Oct 16, 2012
@tapantaola
WOW.
You know because rewarding someone for losing totally defeats the point of COMPETITIVE multiplayer. Anyways everyone would try to lose so they could get a rare treasure. The uncharted community would become people wanting to lose and noobs being the best players

R.I.P POGO
Message 14 of 27 (193 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 16, 2012
@hamster Do you have a better idea? I'm not staying at a game going 26-44. Better incentive pls.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 15 of 27 (183 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Oct 16, 2012

hamsterboy14 wrote:
@tapantaola
WOW.
You know because rewarding someone for losing totally defeats the point of COMPETITIVE multiplayer. Anyways everyone would try to lose so they could get a rare treasure. The uncharted community would become people wanting to lose and noobs being the best players

Tell that to ND. They implemented a welfare system Powerplays and they also give you a miniscule cash bonus if you lose (around $2000). Who said that UC3 MP is Competitive? It's a casual game.

Do you have any better ideas to offer? At least I'm trying to think out of the box. Instead of "ZOMG ND WE NEED A LATE JOIN TOGGLE NAOOOOO!!!!!!111oneone" I am trying to be productive and make late joining a pleasant experience for everyone. There's nothing wrong with that in my book.

Btw, do you realize that more people would be willing to play solo if ND implemented more rewards for late joiners? Less parties of 5 -> less frustration for lone wolfs. Try to see the big picture.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 16 of 27 (176 Views)
First Son
25 posts

Oct 16, 2012

You guys do know that all you have to do is set a tournament ticket right after you search for a game and it will automatically put you in a fresh unstarted match.You just deactivate the ticket before the voting starts.Thought everyone knew this by now Cat Indifferent

Photobucket
Message 17 of 27 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Oct 16, 2012
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the old trick. Just go into profile. If it suddenly backs you out with a bunch of players found, leave quickly. Or party up. Even with a party of 2, it won't let you late join. Tip 1 is sure fire though.

Message 18 of 27 (158 Views)
Wastelander
684 posts

Oct 16, 2012

worse game in progress join? TDM. 45-8. When I joined we made a comeback and won the game. Not. We still lost badly.

See you in Uncharted 4!
Message 19 of 27 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
684 posts

Oct 16, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

hamsterboy14 wrote:
@tapantaola
WOW.

Tell that to ND. They implemented a welfare system Powerplays and they also give you a miniscule cash bonus if you lose (around $2000). Who said that UC3 MP is Competitive? It's a casual game.

Do you have any better ideas to offer? At least I'm trying to think out of the box. Instead of "ZOMG ND WE NEED A LATE JOIN TOGGLE NAOOOOO!!!!!!111oneone" I am trying to be productive and make late joining a pleasant experience for everyone. There's nothing wrong with that in my book.

Btw, do you realize that more people would be willing to play solo if ND implemented more rewards for late joiners? Less parties of 5 -> less frustration for lone wolfs. Try to see the big picture.

how the HELL do you cross out words?

See you in Uncharted 4!
Message 20 of 27 (155 Views)
0 Likes