Jun 30 2012
By: Luxis I Only Post Everything 437 posts

Please, Release a Classic Skins Pack #4

[ Edited ]
139 replies 10826 views Edited Jul 14, 2012

Alright, I've been able to get the thread text back, so I'm creating it again. Since it's a thread which needs support, you already know what to do. It got 40 likes, if you liked it before be sure to give it a kudos now.

---

First off, forgive me for the following long introduction, but I felt like it was necessary. I never really open threads or ask things like this, most likely because a lot of good/useless ideas and threads related to guns/gameplay have always been around. I've been giving suggestions for getting a better multiplayer for this game, focusing on other features of the game that weren't deepen enough to make them happen. I'm talking, of course, about the customization thread. We don't know how exactly it's going to be yet, but the most important thing is that, after 7 months of full support, we're finally getting it. This because we've been giving suggestions based on technical things which wouldn't ruin the customization system or the game itself. We didn't ask to literally destroy their customization system and replace it with a totally new one: we just asked to implement some new features like having the chance to mix different clothes belonging to the same skin (and, of course, a better choice of colors and customizable parts). Whatever they'll do with it in 1.13, I'd simply like to thank Naughty Dog for listening to us.

All of this is for explaining that, if we give the right support for an innocent reason which wouldn't ruin the game experience designed by Naughty Dog, we would have a lot of chances to make that happen. Giving a suggestion built on a solid and technically possible base makes a lof of difference when requesting something to them. It is good making this clear too: we don't see developers like them everyday, developers who give us the chance to do and get what we really want. Even if we don't like some decisions of theirs.

But these requests of ours must meet their criteria.

Classic Mode represents another good example. We're not asking to remove the standard gameplay of this multiplayer (kickbacks, power plays, boosters) and replacing it with a new mode without them. We're asking something that would actually be technically possible and that wouldn't damage the original concept of  multiplayer designed by Naughty Dog for this game, and that would make all the Uncharted 2 fans more happy. So, the multiplayer itself wouldn't get any scars.

But a different example is the following one...

We wanted different hitboxes, but they said that they won't do it because that would ruin the idea of the multiplayer that they designed. Most of us didn't like this answer, but the only thing we can do is dealing with it. They surely have their reasons for being so convinced about it. This is an example of a request that we should stop to make, because it wouldn't meet their agreement. They said no, then it's a no. We may not like it, but it's a no. I'm a frog, but you're not.

Now, in order to accept ND's decisions we need to know their real reasons. Because, yes, we've been having a lot of nonsense responses from them, things that really left me astonished and answers that can't simply be true. I'm not a ND developer and I can't know what's on their minds, but when we're talking about a simple thing like the one this thread is opened for, we're all on the same plane. There's no distinction between "ND developer's mind" and "random player's mind" when we're talking about the following thing.

-----

1. 6. PeteX19

Q: When are you adding Rika Raja to the multiplayer?

A: Rika isn’t slated to be added to multiplayer. She was a unique character in the Eye of Indra downloadable comics and a special skin tied to that. She fit into the Uncharted 2 world more appropriately than she does Uncharted 3. Sorry!

-----

WRONG. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

More than their hitboxes answers, this one beats them all. That's the stupidest and absurd reason they ever gave. And this is not because this stupid guy named Luxis says so, it's because of true and reasonable motivations:

(1) Following their idea of "A character who fits more in a game can't fit in another game too", explain me this.

POWER RANGERSSSS

That is, If I may say, the stupidest skin I ever seen in a multiplayer game. That's the only skin which shouldn't get any customization at all, because yes, a red and a pink would actually make it ridicolous. This decision to add the Capture Trooper would have sense if we got something like a PlayStation Heroes Pack Skins 2.0 (InFamous 2 Cole, Zeke, Nathan Hale, Chimera exc.) But we didn't even get them. Not that I care about those skins, but if you have to do something make it right or don't make it at all.

Result: A Capture Trooper skin, coming from Killzone, another videogame WHICH IS NOT RELATED TO THE UNCHARTED WORLD, either U1, U2 or U3, belongs to the game. Fine.

(2) Following their idea, we should have skins related to Uncharted 3 only, right? Then what the hell are Eddy, Navarro and Roman doing there? Oh, wait. They're the main enemies of Drake in his first adventure (oh, so UDF is related to U3?) so they deserve to be in the multiplayer. Yeah, they're an exception.

...then I would like to know what is this.

._.

Prakoso is a simple, stupid, and idiot pirate from UDF. He doesn't have anything to do with UDF plot, with U2, or with U3. You just kill him in the story just like a normal pirate. YET HE'S PLAYABLE IN UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE'S DECEPTION. WOAH. You may say "But he was available in U2, so they put in U3 too". Ah, this would be a perfect reason indeed. But nooo, Rika and Pinkerton are different (?).

Result: A pirate from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, who has nothing to do with the story of any Uncharted chapters, gets more important than the most mysterious character created in the Uncharted world ever, Rika, the only one who could actually "beat Drake to the punch". Fine.

(3) "She fit into the Uncharted 2 world more appropriately than she does Uncharted 3. Sorry!"

The answer itself is contradictory and makes no sense at all. Rika fits into the Uncharted 2 world? Dafuq? You might say that she would fits better into UDF's world, but really, Uncharted 2? The Eye of Indra comic itself takes place BEFORE Drake's Fortune and it's about Eddy too, who is one of the main characters in UDF.

Rika represents the most mysterious character in the Uncharted world. When I saw the last episode of Eye of Indra, my first thinking was "Okay, see ya in Uncharted 3 Rika! ). But I'm not despicing the fact that she wasn't in U3. I just feel like if it is a lost opportunity to play as her and "remember her". And, let me say this... she's a girl. We've been asking for more female characters forever, and Rika would have been perfect this time, maybe on the Villain side with the Eye of Indra on her neck as a customizable part for her... sigh. There are so many lost opportunities.

Every character from the Uncharted world deserves to be played as in the multiplayer. Multiplayer is designed for fun, it's not related to the main storyline.

4) We know this already, but it needs to be said here too. Rika's and Pinkerton's voices have been recorded already! They just need to take their models from U2 and put them in U3! Dammit! (Thanks to fadi <3)

So, Naughty Dog, my suggestion. If you're reading the forums then you surely know that the following skins are the most wanted. Give us the real reason for which you're not going to put them and explain why you put skins like Prakoso instead of more important ones, or just do like this:

CLASSIC SKINS PACK #4

-

PS: You'll find a very easy easter egg in these pictures.

OrangeAddict wrote:
why not something new and fresh. 

That's the point. We're not even asking such a terrible thing, something that would let Naughty Dog be busy for entire weeks creating completely new skins or models. We're simply asking to have back the skins that we loved in Uncharted 2, the same way they brought back other skins from there. I mean, they brought back Wetsuit Drake. Logically, you expect to see Wetsuit Elena too (c'mon, in the moment when you add Wetsuit Drake you would spontaneously think to add Wetsuit Elena too) but we didn't get her. And if you think that Wetsuit Elena was one of the skins that they created in Uncharted 2 because the community asked for her, well, I'm not happy if I can't use her anymore.

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/new_mp_skins_and_dynamic_theme_available_on_august_17/

"There’s been a ton of requests for all kinds of UNCHARTED 2 DLC up on our community forums (feel free to add more!), so that’s exactly where we headed when we were looking for ideas for our next set of multiplayer skins."

Also, don't forget that we're talking about personal tastes. How would you feel if your favourite character from U2 you played with won't make any appearance in U3 because of a stupid reason?

Let's say, for instance, that your favourite character ever is Chloe. Let's say that she doesn't make any appearance in Uncharted 3 campaign, but since she's clearly an important character in Uncharted story you expect to see her at least in the multiplayer of Uncharted 3. You go in the characters list and you don't see her. And while you're sadly thinking how you're really going to miss her ***, you ask Naughty Dog why she's not included in the multilpayer, which is a feature of the game designed for fun and an awesome opportunity to see all the characters from the Uncharted world cooperating altogether.

"Chloe is a main character from Uncharted 2 and she fits in that world more appropriately than she does Uncharted 3. Sorry!"

I would accept this reason, because it would have some sense, even if I don't like it, but I would accept it. Then you go in the characters list and see him:

-_-

... along with Navarro, Lazarevic and Jason from Power Rangers.

Message 1 of 140 (10,826 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4801 posts

Re: Please, Release a Classic Skins Pack #4

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2012

Support!... again!

tlousig2
Message 2 of 140 (10,821 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 30, 2012

Awesome! and the  photos are showing up just fine for me @Fakehound.

forgifs.com
Message 3 of 140 (10,803 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4801 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2012

MrAssassin253 wrote:

Awesome! and the  photos are showing up just fine for me @Fakehound.

lol they work fine now Smiley Wink

tlousig2
Message 4 of 140 (10,794 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Jun 30, 2012

i support this but not paying more money to big rich companies!

Message 5 of 140 (10,782 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Jun 30, 2012

Pretty sad how you had to repost this great thread again, maybe it was removed because it was too awesome no? Smiley Very Happy SUPPORT!

Message 6 of 140 (10,747 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Jun 30, 2012
I support this
Message 7 of 140 (10,706 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12464 posts

Jun 30, 2012

Luxis wrote:

Alright, I've been able to get the thread text back, so I'm creating it again. Since it's a thread which needs support, you already know what to do. It got 40 likes, if you liked it before be sure to give it a kudos now.

I’m glad that you were able to find the text for your thread, Luxis. ^_^

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 8 of 140 (10,669 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Jun 30, 2012

In my opinion I think they should make a new playstation heroes pack like from uncharted 2. 

"There emptiness makes me whole, there weakness makes me strong, there destruction is my creation". - Calypso
Message 9 of 140 (10,659 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2118 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2012

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw it.

On topic, I'm surprised I haven't seen this thread yet, another great job from Luxis. 

I'm still dissapointed with ND's response, leaving themselves with contridictions and holes easily get smashed with player's response (Pete, scootgar and others). I've also seen Eric's response about the missing skins, as expected; more bulls**t. 

Just release the bloody skins, ND. You might able to regain your reputation after giving us an unsatisfactory response. :/

Photobucket
Message 10 of 140 (10,638 Views)