Welcoming Committee
14381 posts

Re: Playstation 4= UNCHARTED 4? (Read for details)

Feb 14, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

As for the PS4.. or whatever. I can't see it happening this year honestly. There have been no games really announced and it would just be a heavy rush out the gates, Microsoft once pushed the 360 out the door quickly. and almost every single one red lighted on the poor customers. Me included.

Lots of games are being developed for the PS4 as we speak, including UC4. The PS4 will be released this year (November probably) in NA and early 2014 in the EU (what a surprise, eh?).

As for the RROD/YLOD fiasco, don't worry, they've learned their lesson... Microsoft lost 1 billion $ to replace consoles.

Yeah, mine over 10 times and I eventually gave up and bought the new one.. Which also died.

I actually hope it is this year, I just don't know though. I would have imagined having some sort of footage of at least one game that is being worked on I remember seeing a final fantasy 7 remake being in the works for PS3.. that was like 2005... It died a horrible death, but something was being worked on a year before the release then and we had video evidence.

I'd just like to see something already if it is going to happen.

I'm pretty sure that you've heard of the PlayStation Meeting in February 20th... they will showcase the PS4/Orbis hardware and some footage as well. Smiley Happy

I really hope so... I'm tired of this generation now. It's been 6 years and some more...

Message 21 of 40 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Feb 14, 2013

We REALLY need a Uncharted 4! It is kind of upsetting that on every discussion board I always see the same posts:

"I loved Uncharted 2! But Uncharted 3 was terrible."

"Uncharted 3 left a bad taste..."

Not to sound cliche, but the Uncharted series can't go out like that! We need Naughty Dog to produce one more Uncharted 2-quality title for the people. Uncharted 1 and 2 were both outstanding games, but it gets overshadowed by Uncharted 3's "flop" sometimes. Now I'm fully aware that this makes very little financial sense, as ND already has our money, but I think a great series deserves better.

A well developed Uncharted 4 on Next-Gen Playstation would close out this series well.

Message 22 of 40 (391 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14381 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Uncharted 3 is a mixed bag.

It's a horrible game when you look at Uncharted 2 in comparison.

Yet it's a good game if you put it against a lot of other games. But that doesn't make it okay to put out a substandard product below consumer expectation.

I didn't want much, just copy Uncharted 2 and add a new good story, they added a new story but it wasn't even good. It started to seriously derail itself towards the end, and that sandstorm really bugs me. It takes forever to get away from it, I was heavily tempted to power down the console first try thinking the game had bugged out.

I could forgive them for the messy multiplayer if the game had the same standard of story that Uncharted 2 and 1 had but no.. It was also a mess.

Put it against games like Modern Warfare 3 or Resident Evil 6 and it suddenly looks like it was well wriiten and interesting though, put it against Uncharted 2, 1, Heavy Rain, Max Payne 3, GTA 4, Resident Evil 5 in a story context and it just looks absolutely terrible.

The step backwards seems like a sprint backwards rather than a step and it's been running for about 10 miles non stop.

Message 23 of 40 (373 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1135 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Uncharted 4 for the Playstation 4???

_proxy-2.gif       ( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^)

Message 24 of 40 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Yet it's a good game if you put it against a lot of other games. But that doesn't make it okay to put out a substandard product below consumer expectation.

"No corners were cut in Uncharted 3":

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/02/13/the-last-of-us-is-coming-in-june/#comment-348405
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/13/the-last-of-us-is-coming-in-june/#comment-814744

No comments...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 25 of 40 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14381 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

"No corners were cut in Uncharted 3":

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/02/13/the-last-of-us-is-coming-in-june/#comment-348405
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/13/the-last-of-us-is-coming-in-june/#comment-814744

No comments...

Haha. From chapter 16 onwards you can tell corners have been cut, there were various glitches past that point which I had encountered, ever stumbling horse, trucks with no checkpoints and everlasting driving.. and so on. The story also completely derailed itself around that time and started becoming really silly.

It's not like Eric hasn't lied to us before, we all know about the new downloadable Uncharted yet he says the info is false, basically calling Access liars when they wouldn't do that since they are fully endorsed by Sony.

Message 26 of 40 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 15, 2013

caca-620x.jpg

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 27 of 40 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3653 posts

Feb 15, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

caca-620x.jpg

I sure hope that that controller is fake :/

Message 28 of 40 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14381 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

caca-620x.jpg

I sure hope that that controller is fake :/

Ew... That thing is disgusting. But I guess since it's USB at least the pads should be backwards compatible. But probably fake or an extreme early prototype, just couldn't imagine something that looks uglier and more awkward than that breeze block pad for the 360.

Message 29 of 40 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

original.jpg

There is headset/mic input at the bottom... kinda like XBOX360's controller.

I have a suspicion that Sony will bundle the console with a mic, just like XBOX360. That means that more people will use voice chat in UC4 MP. Smiley Happy

ps: Cross game chat is a given of course.

Message 30 of 40 (304 Views)
0 Likes