Nov 16 2012
By: JD-- Survivor 2289 posts

Pinkerton's Mansion - Co-Op Arena Map

35 replies 887 views Edited Nov 16, 2012

Hey guys, it's me JD with yet another co-op idea. I've been working on this one for a few days and I've been tossing it around in my brain for weeks beforehand. It took me a while to draw up these "chicken scratch/scrawl" sketches.

The map is based on 'Pinkerton's Mansion' from the 'Eye of Indra' comic book series of Uncharted. The map makes an appearance in one of the episodes and looks very beautiful with a "Safe room" which, I think, will be a great Siege hill. The map isn't much to spectulate about in the comic series itself, so most of the map I've come up with by myself in my brain. :smileywink:

Key.JPG

Map Overview:

MapOverview.JPG

The northern portion of the map is surrounded by trees and a huge gate/fence like structure. There is a garden/storage house located on the western side of the map in which the players will spawn and start at. The southern and eastern regions have a huge cliff/gorge in which you can fall off of.

The 'Mansion' is in the center of the map, shaped like a '['. It is a massive two story mansion with crumbled walls and a 2nd story balcony. There is a large, ornate fountain outside the front of it. On either side of the mainsion and near the gate of the fence, there are 3 holes/wells that lead down into the underground tunnel system.

1st Floor:

1stFloor.JPG

The 1st floor of the 'mansion' is very exquiste. The floors are lined by a nice velvet colored carpet outlined by gold bearings along the wall. On the left side of the mansion is a crumbled-like room with handholds that lead up to the 2nd floor located outside, along the walls.

The right side has a very large staircase that leads up to the 2nd floor as well.

2nd Floor:

2ndFloor.JPG

The second floor has two pathways to reach it, the staircase and the handholds located on the western walls of the outside of the mansion. The staircase leads up into Pinkerton's "Safe Room," with his vault that holds his precious treasures.

Outside of his "Safe Room" is a huge hallway with a room at the end of it (from where the handholds lead) and the 2nd story balcony. The balcony looks over the fountain and fields in front of the mansion. This is also where the Gold Rush Idol Chest is located.

Tunnels:

Tunnels.JPG

The Tunnels run underneath the mansion and throughout the fields outside of it. In the intersection of the three tunnels is a small armory with a Gold Rush Idol Spawn.

There are 3 entrances to the Tunnels. One well located in front of the fountain, another located southeast of the mansion, and the third being a slope downwards underground located southwest of the mainsion.

Well, that's my map idea guys. Tell me what you think about it, tell me what to add, remove, or change about the map. Oh, and it's for Co-Op only. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 36 (887 Views)
Lombax Warrior
82 posts

Re: Pinkerton's Mansion - Co-Op Arena Map

Nov 16, 2012

Nice Idea. Sadly, at this rate, It's very  improable that ND will ever take something like this. I Like the sketches.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 36 (872 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2289 posts

Nov 16, 2012

COD_FanboyX wrote:

You just wasted the effort because this game will die really soon. 

Thank you for your cynical response! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 36 (869 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
793 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Very nice idea JD, I like that you take your time to create something this cool, even thought you know how ND is, but still, I enjoy your ideas and what you come up with. :smileyhappy:

Who knows, since ND reads everything here (I hope so) they might get some good ideas from you to the next Uncharted! :smileywink:

I think you should try and create a story about the cancelled Co-Op Adventure Shambhala map! I always wonder how it would be! I think it would be Nathan, Chloe and Elena! Would be amazing! :smileytongue:

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 36 (852 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1018 posts

Nov 16, 2012
As expected from the King of Co Op
This is another great fantastic but yet ND won't listen to us
I will support as much as I can :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 36 (840 Views)
Fender Bender
2577 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2012

I always thought that the cutscene banter between Drake and Fleddy in a co-op adventure map (Cruise Ship, Chateau, or City of Brass, perhaps?) where they're forced to team up would be hilarious.

Can you give that a shot as well, JD? smile

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 36 (838 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Ideas like this are perfect examples of why ND should not have made the decision to disown their co-op child: there's so many possiblities for scenarios, locations and scripted events that the mode could've been what put Uncharted above the other games. 

Of course, if ND was to add this in UC3, they'd probably make it exclusive to Hunter Arena only just to rud some salt into the wound. :smileyvery-happy:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 36 (836 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Sounds cool, however I don't think ND will ever release any co-op only maps, sadly. 

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 36 (833 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Nov 16, 2012
Yeah probly not in this game, maybe u4? nice drawings though :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 36 (822 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2012

JD-- wrote:

Hey guys, it's me JD with yet another co-op idea. I've been working on this one for a few days and I've been tossing it around in my brain for weeks beforehand. It took me a while to draw up these "chicken scratch/scrawl" sketches.

The map is based on 'Pinkerton's Mansion' from the 'Eye of Indra' comic book series of Uncharted. The map makes an appearance in one of the episodes and looks very beautiful with a "Safe room" which, I think, will be a great Siege hill. The map isn't much to spectulate about in the comic series itself, so most of the map I've come up with by myself in my brain. :smileywink:

Key.JPG

Map Overview:

MapOverview.JPG

The northern portion of the map is surrounded by trees and a huge gate/fence like structure. There is a garden/storage house located on the western side of the map in which the players will spawn and start at. The southern and eastern regions have a huge cliff/gorge in which you can fall off of.

The 'Mansion' is in the center of the map, shaped like a '['. It is a massive two story mansion with crumbled walls and a 2nd story balcony. There is a large, ornate fountain outside the front of it. On either side of the mainsion and near the gate of the fence, there are 3 holes/wells that lead down into the underground tunnel system.

1st Floor:

1stFloor.JPG

The 1st floor of the 'mansion' is very exquiste. The floors are lined by a nice velvet colored carpet outlined by gold bearings along the wall. On the left side of the mansion is a crumbled-like room with handholds that lead up to the 2nd floor located outside, along the walls.

The right side has a very large staircase that leads up to the 2nd floor as well.

2nd Floor:

2ndFloor.JPG

The second floor has two pathways to reach it, the staircase and the handholds located on the western walls of the outside of the mansion. The staircase leads up into Pinkerton's "Safe Room," with his vault that holds his precious treasures.

Outside of his "Safe Room" is a huge hallway with a room at the end of it (from where the handholds lead) and the 2nd story balcony. The balcony looks over the fountain and fields in front of the mansion. This is also where the Gold Rush Idol Chest is located.

Tunnels:

Tunnels.JPG

The Tunnels run underneath the mansion and throughout the fields outside of it. In the intersection of the three tunnels is a small armory with a Gold Rush Idol Spawn.

There are 3 entrances to the Tunnels. One well located in front of the fountain, another located southeast of the mansion, and the third being a slope downwards underground located southwest of the mainsion.

Well, that's my map idea guys. Tell me what you think about it, tell me what to add, remove, or change about the map. Oh, and it's for Co-Op only. :smileywink:

great idea! But as i said before, i don't think ND will pay much attention to this for two reasons.... this isnt in SP. and ND doesn't care about co-op

I'm always here on the forums... but i rarely post :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 36 (741 Views)
0 Likes