Uncharted Territory
1136 posts

Re: Permanent MERCENARY game mode!

Sep 22, 2012

Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 21 of 39 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

why not just make hardcore mode have no parties - hardcore mercenary mode = would be good

Message 22 of 39 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1929 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Blennerville wrote:

why not just make hardcore mode have no parties - hardcore mercenary mode = would be good

Currently it takes an hour to find a hardcore match on DLC. Mercenary added to this extremely miniscule player pool would be terrible.

Message 23 of 39 (228 Views)
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Sep 22, 2012

RaiXku wrote:

Mercenary mode would be amazing. Lots of my friends don't play this game anymore because they realized how party dominant it is. Your bound to lose many matches if you play solo. Its like party members represent your chances of winning. Each member of your party gives you a 20% chance of winning. And then it depends if they suck or not. If they suck they are worth -20%. If they are ok or good they are worth +20%. So the full formula is

Chances of winning = # of party members (not including yourself) x 25.

So heres a full chart

4 bad party members = almost guranteed loss

3 bad party members = -75% chance of victory

2 bad party members = -50% chance of victory

1 bad party member = -25% of winning

This is the middle (you). The chances of a solo win are fairly low.

1 good party member = 25% of wininng

2 good party members = 50% of winning

3 good party members = 70% of winning

4 good party members = almost a guaranteed victory

You don't count as a member of your party in this formula. Depending on whether or not you are good or bad also affects your chances. And then there is party vs party. That just goes into who has more skill.

DSICLAIMER: THIS IS NOT NECESSARILY ALWAYS TRUE. Its just based upon my experiences with matchmaking.

I understand what you mean but I think its a little higher for 4 good members. And then you also have 4 good members and 1 bad member. And it also depends a lot on your enemies skill.

Message 24 of 39 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Sep 22, 2012

I really enjoyed the mercenary mode in the lab and I think it's a great idea to make it permanent. I understand why people play in parties and why lone-wolves don't want to play against them. What I don't understand is why anyone is against it. Here's an idea, if you don't like a game type then don't play it. Let parties play against other parties and single players play against themselves.  

And to that guy who got 36-2 and still lost; I get why you want to play in parties but it's not really that relevent because we're not taking away standard TDM, we just want a mercenary mode. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 25 of 39 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Sep 22, 2012

far-zan wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

Currently it takes an hour to find a hardcore match on DLC. Mercenary added to this extremely miniscule player pool would be terrible.

it could very well have the effect of actually adding people to hardcore mode. now it would be silly to create a seperate mode for mercenarys.

i also think it would be great if they could make it 4v4.

Message 26 of 39 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Classic mode is going to render Hardcore competely useless, so just add a Mercenary playlist to replace Hardcore and everyone wins.

Message 27 of 39 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9168 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Mercenary TDM? Do want. But do we have enough players in Uc3? This game isn't CoD y'know. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 28 of 39 (195 Views)
Lombax Warrior
82 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Gotta say, the parties of 5th legacies are very annoying. I respect their skill, but still.

Message 29 of 39 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Mercenary should only be implemented if:

1) The game goes free2play (bigger player pool).

2) They consolidate 10-player modes (TDM, Plunder, TO, HC, Lab, Elim, Classic etc.) into a single playlist (All Competitive). Then we can have All Competitive Mercenary and All Competitive for Parties. It would also promote variety.

3) Late join is enhanced to work with parties.

4) DLC maps become free for everyone (the DLC toggle wouldn't be needed in that case).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 30 of 39 (180 Views)