Welcoming Committee
12645 posts

Re: Patch 1.17 is deploying now!

Feb 26, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

I already see plenty of people whining in the ND blog and on Twitter, because ND removed some medals from Plunder/TO... :smileyindifferent:

That was actually the only great addition in the entire patch.

Or rather removal.

Still they missed the Assassin medal.. so people still leveling cloaked. :smileyindifferent: Meh.

Please use plain text.
Message 131 of 179 (399 Views)
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Feb 26, 2013

well the reason they had to seriously jack up the amount you get for the metals that remain in obj and plunder is because they took away the  main money makers for those modes. basically you're going to make a lot less money in those modes now. 

Please use plain text.
Message 132 of 179 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Feb 26, 2013

I think oh snap is a requirement to get assassin so they did remove it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 133 of 179 (358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Cool.

Please use plain text.
Message 134 of 179 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12645 posts

Feb 26, 2013

gawdzirraw wrote:

I think oh snap is a requirement to get assassin so they did remove it. 

Could still count after three. Could easily be a mistake and should be listed if it's removed or not.

Please use plain text.
Message 135 of 179 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Feb 26, 2013

that hasn't been the way it's been in the past. if the medal to get the requirement isn't listed you can't get the bigger medal. Oh snap is definitely a prequisite to get assassin. No way it's possible to get it now. 

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Please use plain text.
Message 136 of 179 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Feb 26, 2013

I would like to mention that the increase to Guard Duty to $1,500 also applies to TDM which is good. If only Hard Target got the same love.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 137 of 179 (297 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
211 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

OK Naughty Dog, I'm glad you finally addressed the medals that belonged in TDM in Team Objective/Plunder and changed them by completely removing them from those modes. It's a great fix that will greatly reduce the boosting (hooray for the reducion in None Shall Pass too, since apparently people were having trouble getting them for the trophy) in those modes, but it's a little too late. Anyone who would have wanted those particular boosters to gold would have already boosted them before the patch. Since the multiplayer is going F2P, I guess it's a good thing you introduced this change that way the new players don't have a horrible experience in those modes and it might encourage the new player pool (and the current pool) to do the objectives. However, part of me feels a little annoyed because you've had all this time period to address this, and you only do it when your game is going free to play, disregarding all that time I (and all the other players who regularly play this game) had to see my favorite modes be ruined because of boosting. If you had addressed this earlier, maybe Plunder and Team Objective would be in a better state than it currently is.

Moving on, the colors are great. No complaints there. It's nice to finally have better customization. Should have been there from the start, but thanks anyway. I love it.

Now here comes the part that truly frustrates me. We're 17 patches into your game, and there's hardly been any technical fixes. The forumers may sound like a broken record in your own forum (and me on NeoGAF), but enough is enough. There's been so many threads, suggestions, and great feedback from your own community that play your game at a constant basis (some even daily) that you have been neglecting all this time. Aside from gun nerfs/buffs/kickback changes and some other stuff I'm forgetting, what have you personally done to fix technical issues? If you play your own multiplayer game right now, I guarantee you that you would be disgusted in the state that it's in. It's laggy, matchmaking issues, party splits, blindfire, etc. When I looked past the colors (trust me, I really do like them), I got a little sad knowing the game still plays the same with all of its issues. A true shame if you ask me.

Please use plain text.
Message 138 of 179 (286 Views)
Splicer
46 posts

Feb 26, 2013

1361867647-img-2086-1.jpg - envoi d'image avec NoelShack

good Nd  the hacker are wiped  ....... -__-  OMGGG

Please use plain text.
Message 139 of 179 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory