Sackboy
530 posts

Re: Patch 1.15: the new 1.13?

Sep 12, 2012

@hellsagent: yeah... better expect nothing... but I still have that dumb feeling, that exactly what I predict will happen :-/ 

I really do not want to switch to an alt... probably I will then start playing something else more.

For me it would be way more logical to write a routine for matchmaking, which tries to match people with the same connection speed first (preventing the lag) and secondly put the ones together which are on the same playlevel... I hate to say that but for example in FFA it would be the people with kinda the same kdr (then the high kdr guys would sooner or later curse themselfes to be matched up always against the pros, wich would sooner or later lead to more real kdr stats). In TDM and 3TDM matchmaking should judge on the average KDR of the team (so if you party up with good players as a noob you get higher ranked too, because they "help" you saving your butt / there are assists possible). In objective and Plunder matchmaking shouldnt look at kdr, instead judge on the average teampoints you achieved. Teampoints, because these two modes actually cant played else (only one person can score an idol, not everyone etc.).

I know this would be a bit more of a work to write the script and yeah there might be other factors as well but it would be kinda more logical.

https://www.twitch.tv/aeonra/
Message 31 of 74 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

Sep 12, 2012
In the end, people will complain no matter what, even if they got something they like, they will complain that it was too late. It is a none ending cycle. Sure, there are some good constructive complaints, but some of them are ridiculous and some people will remain negative no matter what, even though the game still gets supported 10 months after release.
Message 32 of 74 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Sep 12, 2012

rapha_333 wrote:
In the end, people will complain no matter what, even if they got something they like, they will complain that it was too late. It is a none ending cycle. Sure, there are some good constructive complaints, but some of them are ridiculous and some people will remain negative no matter what, even though the game still gets supported 10 months after release.

Just wish they gave up at 1.05.

I didn't ever ask for support or an ever changing game.

Message 33 of 74 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

rapha_333 wrote:

The rest of the community did. The needs of the many are more important than the needs of the few.

Message 34 of 74 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

Sep 12, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

rapha_333 wrote:

The rest of the community did. The needs of the many are more important than the needs of the few.

This.

Message 35 of 74 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
530 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Well I wouldnt say that every change was crap.

• The ak nerf at the beginning was good.
  • The Fal nerf was okey, but a bit too much, none using it anymore.
  • The gmal nerf was okey, but too much, none using it anymore.
  • The Doublebarrel bunny hop blindfire nerf was good.
  • That K/D do not count on plunder and Objective was good, even though it didnt solve the problem of plunder farmers completely (plunder needs some hrm adjustments)
  • New hats was okey, but a bit too much with giving them stats and sell them not in a packages (i know developing needs a lot of freaking time and money... probably it would have been better to release not so many "hats" at a time, and/or offer pakages to people which like to have everything)
  • Spider skin and clothes were good and great
  • The new taunts are good
  • The buyable treasure weapons for lazy people... is sry but its crap... should have rather did treasures available for purchase with normal cash AND ingame cash (or just ingame cash but with unbelieavable high amount, with the offer to buy ingame cash with real money. Since everyone keeps getting ingame cash which they hardly can use for a thing).
  • The Tournament System... in my opinion is a fail like it is now. First of all... it supports only Solo players no teams, so clans and tactics were left out of it completely (because you rather play tournament tickes solo than with a party). Second the rewards you can achieve are just one skin and some golden colored weapons, which a part of it you loose if you do not repeatedly play tournament system and who is willing to play solo just to unlock fancy colored weapon for only one week over and over again? Third the buy ticket thing... apart from some rare special people out there... who even considers to buy with real cash tickets over and over again just to unlock the fancy colored weapons? Not really thinked to the end IMO and I am not sure who got its hand on this more... the Sony/ND Financial accountants or the developers -_-° because it looks like the financial department decided how it should look like (no matter if people will actually fall for it or not, because accountants are not marketing experts... I know that I am an accountant XD). This thing will die soon, if there is nothing more to come about it.

There was more, I dont remember now of course.

https://www.twitch.tv/aeonra/
Message 36 of 74 (265 Views)
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Sep 12, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

G9211 wrote:

If colours are seriously introduced in 1.15, all hype is justified. + there will be a toggle option for stat hats so thats also good news!

I dont give a crap about colors, or ANY custimization--hows that make the gameplay any better?

Also, am i the only one who is AGAINST a Stat Hat toggle? Wont this just divide the player pool?

You act as if colors is the only thing getting attention, there are technical and gameplay fixes/ideas too!

How would it divide the player pool???

Question: if I have my stat hat Toggle set to ON, will I be able to find players in match making who have their stat hat toggles set to OFF?

If not...then the toggle will drastically cut the player pool. Or am I missing something..

Lol, you are definitely missing something, you're a confused pup, buddy!

The stat hat toggle will simply turn off the stats on a hat when you put it on in your customization screen. It will have absolutely nothing to do with the player pool. It's basically just for cosmetic reasons without the perks and setbacks.

then what is the point of it? The toggle will only turn MY stat hat stats off...yet anyone i find in matchmaking could be using their stats. Pointless toggle is pointless

I dont see why people were making a big deal about said toggle, if this is indeed how it works

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 37 of 74 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

G9211 wrote:

If colours are seriously introduced in 1.15, all hype is justified. + there will be a toggle option for stat hats so thats also good news!

I dont give a crap about colors, or ANY custimization--hows that make the gameplay any better?

Also, am i the only one who is AGAINST a Stat Hat toggle? Wont this just divide the player pool?

You act as if colors is the only thing getting attention, there are technical and gameplay fixes/ideas too!

How would it divide the player pool???

Question: if I have my stat hat Toggle set to ON, will I be able to find players in match making who have their stat hat toggles set to OFF?

If not...then the toggle will drastically cut the player pool. Or am I missing something..

Lol, you are definitely missing something, you're a confused pup, buddy!

The stat hat toggle will simply turn off the stats on a hat when you put it on in your customization screen. It will have absolutely nothing to do with the player pool. It's basically just for cosmetic reasons without the perks and setbacks.

then what is the point of it? The toggle will only turn MY stat hat stats off...yet anyone i find in matchmaking could be using their stats. Pointless toggle is pointless

I dont see why people were making a big deal about said toggle, if this is indeed how it works

The point of the toggle is , for example you really like an item but hate its stats,  you would be forced to play with those stats that you hate just to wear it now. So now, you will be be able to turn those off so that you would be able to wear it with no fear of the stats

Message 38 of 74 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Sep 12, 2012

^

Message 39 of 74 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1930 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2012

The only thing interesting in this patch is how Classic mode will be implemented and what they decided the rules of the mode are (no mods at all? No sprint? Two grenade slots? Regular loadout weapons laid out on the maps? No loadouts save for boosters? No throwback grenades? etc.)

Other than that, I could care less for this patch until I see what the matchmaking changes actually do. I'm hoping ND made the right decisions for Classic mode.. I really do.

Content-wise is it going to be like 1.13? Yes, there's a lot in it from what we can tell, so quantity-wise it'll be just as big. Quality-wise? I'm waiting before getting completely hyped and/or happy.

Photobucket
Message 40 of 74 (230 Views)