Nov 28 2011
By: Vabor Monster Hunter 37 posts

Patch 1.02 notes and feedback

8 replies 149 views Edited Nov 28, 2011

Patch 1.02 is live now in the US and the EU. The patch will be available in Asia soon this week. Here are the notes for the patches. Please use this thread to leave feedback and comments so we collect it all in one place. A lot of time and effort for this patch came from making tweaks you suggested here so we greatly appreciate having this dialog. 

Uncharted 3 – Patch 1.02 

Single Player

General

• Movie cutscene viewer added (in the Bonuses menu, Single-Player only)

Technical

• Fixed the missing Motion Blur effects (for Single Player only)
  • “Alternate Aim Settings” added to the Options menu under Camera options (for Single Player only)

Multiplayer

General

• Settings bug fixed: all controls being set to flipped mode setting will no longer change all controls back to default

Gameplay

• Medal streaks won’t reset if the host migrates to another user
  • Blindfire targeting adjusted so that opposing players past a certain vertical angle above and below won’t be hit.
  • Allow grenade throw while scoped
  • Tuned Pull Down range from 1.5 meters to 2.0 meters
  • Lowered the player running speed when players run ‘n gun by approximately 15%
  • Slightly increased the turn radius of run ‘n gun
  • Slightly decreased the turning speed during Sprint

Technical

• Fixed an infrequent hunter spawning issue in Hunter Arena when the match round switches
  • Fixed several cinema crashes
  • Locked fast-forwarding on convoy sequence in Airstrip TDM and train sequence on London Underground TDM to 3x maximum in Cinema Mode
  • Fixed certain cameras in Kick Offs and Pull Downs
  • Fixed a late join skin bug with locked content
  • Fixed a split-screen Buddy treasure pickup bug
  • Fixed duplicate medal problem causing bad tabulation of a few medals to the player’s career stats

User Interface

• Objective points now show up in the player’s Competitive statistics tab instead of the Cooperative statistics tab
  • Added a Facebook Sign Out option
  • Added the Add Friend functionality in the Facebook tab
  • Fixed voice icon for mics not appearing in Matchmaking lobby
  • Adding missing weapon stats tracking for certain weapons that were not being recorded to the player stats
  • Fix for not displaying the entire Online ID within the “Players” column of any leaderboard.
  • Fix for a user having an online ID containing fifteen or more characters created in uppercase format and actively using a voice comm device.

Server

• Matchmaking now waits for double the number of players in the biggest party in the room to be present before starting a game (to prevent parties from being split frequently)
  • Players no longer able to join party that is already in Matchmaking
Message 1 of 9 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

I love the aiming options and the motion blur, but now it...

Nov 28, 2011
I love the aiming options and the motion blur, but now it seems like the textures load right in front of my face... before I saw it happen maybe twice the entire game. I just started a new game and saw it happen several times already. With this game being so linier as it is, it should be loading the textures before I enter a room because the PS3 should know that I'll be entering the next room soon. You know?

I love the new aiming system though... it's perfect now.

As for the motion blur, I don't know if it's adding more stress to the engine or not, but like I said... it may be takiing it's toll on the texture streaming.

Can we have an option to play without motion blur?

Also, isn't this going to make the cut scenes look weird now... cutscenes are pre-rendered videos, so they won't have the motion blur in them.
Message 2 of 9 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

I honestly can't tell a difference with the aim toggle. W...

Nov 28, 2011
I honestly can't tell a difference with the aim toggle. Which makes me wonder which is the alternate? Are the old ones now the alternate? They both still seem far from U2's masterful aiming.

Also, why couldn't they have fixed chapter select? It still plays way into the scene leading into the chapter which makes you miss out entirely on the opening of the game. Maybe in a year they'll have patched everything in to make it as polished as 1 and 2?
Message 3 of 9 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Just one quick, minor bug I've noticed about the cutscene...

Nov 28, 2011

Just one quick, minor bug I've noticed about the cutscene viewer:

- The pictures for "Trapped in the Hold" and "Drake Returns" are wrong in the cutscene selection menu.

• "Trapped in the Hold" has the picture for "Drake Returns"
  • The picture for "A Million to One Shot" appears for both itself and "Drake Returns" 

Great patch overall!! Really appreciate the cutscene viewer! Like a lot!! :robotvery-happy: Thanks so much ND!! 

McStagger87
Message 4 of 9 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Now just bring back my cheats and doughnut drake and I'll...

Nov 28, 2011

Awesome, now just bring back my cheats and Doughnut Drake and I'll be happy.

Message 5 of 9 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Thanks for the cutscene gallery!

Nov 28, 2011

I came here to beg for a cutscene gallery to be patched in, and lo and behold it has already happened!  Thank you, THANK YOU ND!  I also like the new "alternate" aiming option -- it seems much easier. 

Message 6 of 9 (149 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

a darn near perfect patch!

Nov 28, 2011

now, if its possible to put single player gameplay tweaks like in U1 and U2 thatd be great! though idk if thats possible. keep up the good work!

idk dam would be bleeped. sully says it. :smileyindifferent:

Message 7 of 9 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

The old ones are the "default". The new ones ar...

Nov 28, 2011

WhoooFlungPoo wrote:
I honestly can't tell a difference with the aim toggle. Which makes me wonder which is the alternate? Are the old ones now the alternate? They both still seem far from U2's masterful aiming.

Also, why couldn't they have fixed chapter select? It still plays way into the scene leading into the chapter which makes you miss out entirely on the opening of the game. Maybe in a year they'll have patched everything in to make it as polished as 1 and 2?

The old ones are the "default". The new ones are the alternate.

Message 8 of 9 (149 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

I hate motion blur, it makes everything look like crap. W...

Nov 28, 2011

I hate motion blur, it makes everything look like crap. Why did you have to bring it back? I was happy without it. I'm not even touching this patch because of that crap. I will force myselof to struggle with broken controls that suffer VASELINE VISION again. 

I'm not happy about this crap at all!

Message 9 of 9 (149 Views)
0 Likes