Sackboy
476 posts

Re: Para 9 needs a blindfire accuracy reduction

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2012
If you think I like to complain about everything then you are wrong. I have already said that the Para 9 not an OP gun. I just think it needs it's blindfire accuracy reduced so that more people would use the micro. I believe that after the latest update the long guns are very balanced, and sidears are generally fine but I just believe the BF accuracy on Para 9 is high
Message 21 of 86 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2012

THE SOLUTION: remove hipfire lock-on while running-and-gunning, blindfiring in cover, and jumping-and-gunning, and make it so you have to put the aim dot/"blindfire cone" on an enemy to get any hits. This would make all blindfire less annoying.

In the meantime, do NOT nerf the Para 9 with prejudice, as it is my (and several other players') only defense against KAL-7 and Arm Micro scrubs in CQC without using one of those guns myself. If the Para 9's hipfire gets nerfed, ALL hipfire needs to be nerfed to make the KAL-7, Arm Micro, and M9 WAY less annoying as well.

Speaking of which, the M9's an even better blindfire weapon than the Para 9 is, and you don't even need to tap R1 for each individual bullet to come out.

Message 22 of 86 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
19905 posts

Aug 28, 2012
As of now, the Para 9 is the most reliable pistol, having a high clip, high blindfire accuracy, and being great at longer ranges. It's basically an all-around pistol that is great at everything it does.

I think that it should get a blindfire accuracy reduction, but just a SLIGHT one. The micro should win more in CQC, but the Para 9's versatility makes it a much better choice.
Message 23 of 86 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Aug 28, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
As of now, the Para 9 is the most reliable pistol, having a high clip, high blindfire accuracy, and being great at longer ranges. It's basically an all-around pistol that is great at everything it does.

I think that it should get a blindfire accuracy reduction, but just a SLIGHT one. The micro should win more in CQC, but the Para 9's versatility makes it a much better choice.

No thanks. I think both guns should have an equal chance at CQC, because from what I've seen last night alone, tons of players just switch to their Micros and get their cheap blindfire/melee kills that way. Get rid of the only pistol giving the Micro competition in that area without nerfing the Micro and you have a HUGE problem once that patch/live update comes out. Micro and KAL-7 would just further dominate the game.

Message 24 of 86 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2012
I love the para 9, and weakening it's damage or rate of fire would make it weak which is certainly not what we want. The idea is that if it's BF accuracy is slightly decreased say by 15% more people would use micro and we would have more variety
Message 25 of 86 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

No thanks. I think both guns should have an equal chance at CQC, because from what I've seen last night alone, tons of players just switch to their Micros and get their cheap blindfire/melee kills that way. Get rid of the only pistol giving the Micro competition in that area without nerfing the Micro and you have a HUGE problem once that patch/live update comes out. Micro and KAL-7 would just further dominate the game.

You are right that the lock on needs to go, but if both the micro and Para 9 have the same CQC abilities, nobody would use the micro since the para 9 is better at range, and it needs to be better. A slight decrease in BF would be fine
Message 26 of 86 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1919 posts

Aug 28, 2012

It's called hipfire, blindfire is when you're behind cover.

ND will adjust the wrong thing if people aren't clear. Additionally, I think it's fine, simply because it's a pistol. Every pistol in the game has good hipfire accuracy, it's just that the Para-9 has higher damage than the Micro or the Raffica.

If you're going to adjust the Para-9's hipfire accuracy, you should do the same to the Raffica as well as the Micro. Otherwise, there will be a serious imbalance, which is something you're not thinking about (common problem whenever someone suggests to change something).

Photobucket
Message 27 of 86 (147 Views)
Sackboy
476 posts

Aug 28, 2012
Even if the hip fire accuracy on the Para 9 is slightly decreased, I still think it would still be a great pistol since it has the highest damage and is good at range . I might be wrong though. Note that I don't want it to get a drastic blindfire accuracy decrease, a slight one
Message 28 of 86 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1919 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2012

rapha_333 wrote:
Even if the hip fire accuracy on the Para 9 is slightly decreased, I still think it would still be a great pistol since it has the highest damage and is good at range . I might be wrong though. Note that I don't want it to get a drastic blindfire accuracy decrease, a slight one

Slight or not, anything "slight" in this game has drastically changed the metagame.

Case in point: 10% recoil increase on the G-MAL has made public matches switch from the majority to using the G-MAL to the majority using M9 + rapid fire mod. 10% was, to most people, a "slight" increase. Slight enough to change how everyone plays... yeah, that's not slight at all.

How about another example: the FAL-SS, decreasing the damage by 1 for body shots. Completely changed the metagame by forcing players to switch from the FAL-SS to the G-MAL. Again, a change considered "slight" by many when the patch notes were released but as small enough of a change it was, it impacted the gun's placement in usage hugely. It's now like the 4th worst long gun in the game, sitting right above the Dragon Sniper and below the AK-47.

Yeah, changing damage isn't comparable to changing hipfire accuracy. Yeah, changing recoil of a gun isn't comparable to hipfire accuracy. But it will change the CQC meta, depending on how "slight" of a change you're talking here, it may force players who want to win to switch to the Micro or Raffica anyway. Not that's necessarily a bad thing, but it does make the Para less useful in one aspect, such an aspect that is the need a pistol is supposed to fill: CQC. If it's main usage or reason for existence (besides using as a last resort to kill someone when out of long gun ammo) is gutted out of the gun, why would anyone use it? Exactly.

I don't find this to be major enough of a problem to change. It's not worth changing it. The pistols are fine, there's enough variety in what people use regarding pistols. I see people use Para 9s, I see people using Micros, I see a little less people using Rafficas, and I see every now and then a Tau user running around, either trying it out or actually good with it. (In fact, I should mention, one of the reasons the Tau sucks is because you're meant to kill by aiming with it, which is incredibly hard and you're also sacrificing a CQC option that nearly everybody in public matches has over you. When you choose the Tau, you're putting yourself at a disadvantage right from the start). But that bit is completely separate from this.

So if you're going to adjust the Para, you're going to adjust the other pistols as well (save for the Tau). People will use what is easier for them. If the para suddenly becomes too inconsistent at getting CQC kills, people will switch to the Raffica and Micro. It's as simple as that. This is why you don't try to balance a game around what you experience in public matchmaking. Because people want to use the easiest **bleep** to level up with and/or do well with.

Photobucket
Message 29 of 86 (138 Views)
Survivor
2348 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2012

the only thing that needs a accurancy reduction is the M9, the gun loses no accuracy if you put the ROF mod on, the last "tweak" did nothing to that mod, leave the para alone

if you end up messing up the para then more people will use the M9 (almost everybody uses now already), take away the competition which is what you are trying to do, is the opposite of making the game "balanced"

Message 30 of 86 (131 Views)
0 Likes