Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4595 posts
 

Re: Para 9 needs a blindfire accuracy reduction

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2012

@abbasman47: Most people want blindfire lock-on to be removed to make the hipfire more like other shooters: you still have to at least point your camera in the direction of the enemy. Not wanting the lock-on to be removed is like not wanting the G-MAL's aim assist to be reduced. Nuff said. You wanted the G-MAL's aim assist to be reduced, you got it, and now we want blindfire lock-on to be reduced/removed so that you at least have to have your camera facing the enemy. Opposing that is hypocritical.

@SKIN: I don't think the Micro should always beat the Para 9 in unaimed combat. I think when it comes to blindfire it should depend on who points their camera in the direction of the enemy, not have the game deliberately force either's bullets to miss just because they use a different gun.

 

I hardly even see the problem because I see Micro users beat Para 9 users and Para 9 users beat Micro users just as much. Especially since with the Para 9 you already have to time the shots whereas with the Micro you just have to hold down R1... yeah... let's make this game an even bigger automatics-fest!

 

Is the problem the Para 9's higher damage + good blindfire accuracy? Frankly, I'm able to escape Para 9 users just fine when they're blindfiring it. I'm even fine with the ROF M9 the way it is now (albeit blindfire). Other than the blindfire system as a whole needing a change, I don't feel we really need to change the weapons. We need technical and matchmaking fixes now.

 

Leave the guns alone, remove blindfire lock-on, make people have to put the aim dot on their opponents to get hits with blindfire. /thread

Message 61 of 86 (246 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
7436 posts
 

Re: Para 9 needs a blindfire accuracy reduction

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

@SKIN: I don't think the Micro should always beat the Para 9 in unaimed combat. I think when it comes to blindfire it should depend on who points their camera in the direction of the enemy, not have the game deliberately force either's bullets to miss just because they use a different gun.


If you read my wording I was trying to say that in an even match up the Micro always beat the Para9 in unaimed combat. As in, if both people are just about as accurate with their cameras the Micro should be come out on top. How this could work is the Para9 essentially having a higher spray with the Micro having a tighter spray when blindfired. Really that's what blindfire accuracy should be.  It should be the spray of the gun, not the strength of the auto aim lock on, because there shouldn't be any auto aim.

 

And since you added an edit, people don't have to time their shots with the Para9 while blindfiring. Yes you have to time your shots when you aim, but blindfiring you just rapid fire once you're within range and after three hits you throw a punch. There's no skill in Para9 blindfire because even though it's semi-auto you still aren't aiming so don't have to time your shots at all.

Message 62 of 86 (240 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4595 posts
 

Re: Para 9 needs a blindfire accuracy reduction

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2012

While that's not as unbalanced as it first seemed, it's still not really enough to make me swing towards "yep, Micro should beat Para in blindfire". Sure, I use an AK-47, the gun with the highest stopping power in the game, but I like having a sidearm I can use for CQC without using the Micro. I honestly think the Micro is a scrubby weapon to begin with, just like the KAL-7. The first time I gave a KAL-7 scrub the GOML hammer with the Para 9 (I uploaded it to YouTube, even), I felt it was fine since the KAL-7 is easier to use (what with being an automatic and having an insane rate of fire and blindfire accuracy) while the Para 9 took a little more patience, timing, and skill to use to beat the KAL-7.

If I'm timing my shots correctly so my pistol is not jamming and I have the aim dot right on top of my opponent, I've earned the kill, especially if he's using a Micro, an M9, or a KAL-7 against me. I shouldn't lose just because I choose to use a reliable gun for aiming and CQC, not just a pocket KAL-7. The Para 9 actually does jam during blindfire, I've experienced it, and timing the shots while in an intense CQC fight does take skill.

Message 63 of 86 (234 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/08/2012
Offline
152 posts
 

Re: Para 9 needs a blindfire accuracy reduction

Aug 28, 2012

Are you kidding me..?
M9 with RoF and BF accuracy, how about that ?
After GMal nerf, that has become pretty common combination,
and it is annoying me...

Message 64 of 86 (222 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3247 posts
 

Re: Para 9 needs a blindfire accuracy reduction

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2012

All the guns need a blindfire reduction really, hipfire is still far too effective in this game. But nerfing just the Para 9? Rofl no.

Message 65 of 86 (208 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/15/2011
Offline
290 posts
 

Re: Para 9 needs a blindfire accuracy reduction

Aug 28, 2012

abbasman47 wrote:

Stego111 wrote:

abbasman47 wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

THE SOLUTION: remove hipfire lock-on while running-and-gunning, blindfiring in cover, and jumping-and-gunning, and make it so you have to put the aim dot/"blindfire cone" on an enemy to get any hits. This would make all blindfire less annoying.

In the meantime, do NOT nerf the Para 9 with prejudice, as it is my (and several other players') only defense against KAL-7 and Arm Micro scrubs in CQC without using one of those guns myself. If the Para 9's hipfire gets nerfed, ALL hipfire needs to be nerfed to make the KAL-7, Arm Micro, and M9 WAY less annoying as well.

Speaking of which, the M9's an even better blindfire weapon than the Para 9 is, and you don't even need to tap R1 for each individual bullet to come out.


with all do respect your point of view of the topic Mr. Southpaw, but this NOT the solution.

this would be a too much of an overkill, how do I know you may ask? 

 

go into a LAN game or a custom game with a friend or split-screen, and have player 2 on your team. have friendly fire on, and then try to kill your buddy with hip-fire, blind-fire while he trys to run away from you and stay alive. 

 

you might notice that it was a bit hard, because there is no Aim assist, hip-fire assist or blind-fire assist while shooting your team-mates.

 

so imagine having no Aim assist, hip-fire assist or blind-fire assist in real match against your enemies.... 



Have you ever played Gears? There is little to no lock on for blindfire. It just goes where your screen is pointed with poorer accuracy than aiming.


 

Sir, why are bringing Gears of war to this thread and comparing it to Uncharted 3?

 

Gears of war is heavly based on third person shooting and cover based shooting, which is sort of similar to uncharted 3 in a way, but it is still alot diffrent.

 

so lets try and keep the disscussion only focused on uncharted 3.



I am comparing it because the previous post said try to hit enemies blindfiring without auto lock on, which is how Gears does it. I didnt just want to say it is possible to kill people in that way with no evidence. My evidence is there are other games that use that model of blindfire, so it would not make blindfire impossible. IMO it would make blindfire a last resort not a gameplay tactic. Which seems to be what most people on here are in favour of.

 



http://www.speedtest.net/result/1693042767.png
So....I lag?
Message 66 of 86 (203 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/17/2010
Offline
4346 posts
 

Re: Para 9 needs a blindfire accuracy reduction

Aug 28, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

Why does everyone want this game to be an automatics-fest? First the FAL-SS (understandably), then the G-MAL, then the Dragon (yep, tons of people are starting to complain about the Dragon), now the Para 9. What's the next semiautomatic this community wants nerfed, the Raffica? The Tau?



lol because no one likes getting killed by a burst/semi automatic that has a high damage rate, but when they get mowed down by a full automatic they have no problems with it because their doing it too lol.

 

I'd also like to point out another key issue with semi/burst vs. fully auto, visually in terms of lag semi auto/burst fire weapons are usually easier to spot lag with than the fully auto. I mean logically it makes sense, a fully auto is pouring out bullets and so it can be hard to see the latency of information per say being pumped out considering that weapon has a high rate of fire to begin with. While as with a semi auto/burst fire, you can clearly time and see the gap between shots because those weapons have a cap in terms of how fast they can pump out bullets. It has been like that for a while. I remember a few people complaining in U2 about "oh man this guy and his FAL are so laggy, I just insta die", yeah well I insta died from people's shotgun AK-47's yet I seem to be the only one aviidly having a problem with that, why? Because I was the few FAL users while everyone was off using the AK-47. Now you might be thinking "oh well what about the lag visually seen from shotgun AK-47's and shotgun M9's, whatever." Here's the thing that is at the more severe end in terms of lag, if your encountering people that laggy, or you yourself are that laggy, you shouldn't even be playing online with net like that, you really shouldn't. Ultimately lag is lag, but in terms of people visually being able to see it and call it, semi/burst fire weapons in nature just make it far more visually easier to spot in terms people calling it.

 

As for this whole "para is OP, or whatever" or whatever is being discussed here, the Para 9 is not OP, the other side arms are just underpowered.

 

1. Para-9 fine, accurate, semi auto, solid blind-fire, solid damage.

 

2. Arm Micro, look it's complete **bleep**, sorry but it is. Anyone seriously using because they thing it's better at "hip-fire" than the para is a bit slow to the train. Look in reality it does auto lock on to the target a bit and I mean A BIT more than the para in terms of distance, but the damage per bullet on that thing is low, the rate of fire on the micro by default is barely any better than the para and considering the para does more damage per bullet, why even use it? Seriously why do people use the micro? I'll never know lol. Micro with Rate of Fire actually makes it compete in terms "hip-fire" vs. the para 9. The rate of fire on it is rather high to make up for it's weak bullet damage and can easily trump the para in CQC. Basically the problem with the Arm Micro is that it's quote on quote "strength" which is hip-fire is not so simply because the the rate of fire by default is not fast enough and in combination with the weak damage per bullet, makes it blatantly inferior.

 

3. LOL the Raffica is a realy joy to break down. This weapon is legit completely TERRIBLE. I'd rather take my chances double melee'ing people than using the raffica The accuracy on that thing is sub par to the para 9. Now I will simply ask why? ND why the **bleep** would you make a BURST FIRE PISTOL less accurate at aiming than the para 9? Please explain this to me. If anything is should be AS ACCURATE if not slightly more accurate than the para. I understand I'm basically comparing a semi vs. a burst, which are basically in the same family. But there is no reason why the raffica should not be more accurate. The common comparison for it says it all "It's like a little G-MAL pistol in your hands" yeah if it only were lol.

 

Now the hip-fire on the raffica is a real story. Prior to the "hip-fire nerf" which was way back when we were all on the KAL-7's nuts, they raffica was actually the BEST blind-fire pistol in the game. I am not joking. That thing could auto lock from distances that would have made the KAL-7 blush. That thing was no joke, it was refered to as the "KAL-7 pistol" by a few. Oddly enough after the update to hip-fire, that thing seemed to take the hardest blow to it. It lost it's insane auto lock range and so it became utterly useless. I mean people before would kind of use para 9, arm micro with rate of fire, and raffica, and they were all solid choices honestly. But once the raffica got that update, that thing fell back so far into the arms race for side arms it was completely out of the radar at that point.

 

I don't feel like touching the Tau too much, but it's definately been having some good days as of late, that thing has been receiving more buffs than any other weapon in the game lol. A shame that treatment can't be the raffica.

 

The Para 9 is not OP in any sense, the other two major/popular side arms are just underpowered. Simple as that. You have the arm micro, the supposed prefered choice for hip-fire which is easily out done by the para, and then you have the raffica, the jack of absolutely nothing lol.

Message 67 of 86 (199 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/29/2012
Offline
112 posts
 

Re: Para 9 needs a blindfire accuracy reduction

Aug 28, 2012

first things first people stop using the para 9s jamming as an excuse how can people who have been playing for months not understand you can't rape the r1 button? i occasionally use  the para or fal and i never had them jam on me. so jamming cant be used in the para 9s defense.

 

I think one of the big problems with blindfire is the whole melee wack and roll thing before that video surfaced blindfire was not this bad dont get me wrong blindfire was done wrong before the W&R video but that video just encouraged people to blindfire more. alof of people avoided the melee and because of being stuck like a stick in the mud but if you rolled you where hit with mid roll so that was not really an option. so you would just blindfire untill the enemy was dead. what W&R did it made people fire some shots and then smack you were dead within seconds no way to counter. this is another reason why people dropped the gmal and fal and went with the automatics because W&R was easier doing it with the fully automatics and the para. it was a good technique to show noobs and all but it made theblindfire mechanic even worse.

 

how ithink to fix the para 9s and other automatics problem is to make melee a three hit kill that way people cant die within seconds to engaging with the para 9 and the fully autos.

 

note: decrease the bullet to kill for the raffica by 1 >Smiley Wink 

Message 68 of 86 (179 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/25/2011
Offline
476 posts
 

Re: Para 9 needs a blindfire accuracy reduction

Aug 28, 2012
I don't hate semi automatic weapons people Smiley Tongue hipfire accuracy in general needs to be decreased, that is the best option. I also agree that the Raffica does need a buff, maybe one less bullet to kill. The para 9 is definetly not OP, but I felt that it's hipfire accuracy is abit too much compared to other pistols. It is a very minor issue really.
Message 69 of 86 (165 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/25/2011
Offline
476 posts
 

Re: Para 9 needs a blindfire accuracy reduction

Aug 28, 2012

TheRapidy wrote:

Are you kidding me..?
M9 with RoF and BF accuracy, how about that ?
After GMal nerf, that has become pretty common combination,
and it is annoying me...


Hipfire accuracy on the M9 needs to be reduced by further 10 % , and then it would be fine
Message 70 of 86 (164 Views)
Reply
0 Likes