Reply
Survivor
Registered: 11/22/2009
Offline
2348 posts
 

Re: Para 9 needs a blindfire accuracy reduction

Aug 28, 2012

rapha_333 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

rapha_333 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Stego111 wrote:

I agree it needs to be nerfed incrementally. I shouldnt be able to drop from a building and just mash on R1 and kill a guy behind and below me.


and the M9 can't do that? or the Kal? or the AK? or the Micro? if there is a blindfire reduction it should apply to ALL guns, not just the Para


As I said earlier, a nerf to the hip fire mechanic in the first place would be the best option. Also, you should consider that long guns will always beat sidearms . The para 9 is better than the micro in CQC , and it is not supposed to be that way. Even if you decrease the hip fire accuracy slightly, the para 9 would still be a great if not still the best pistol in the game.

think about it, which gun should have the best hipfire accuracy something with no recoil (it shoots where ever it is pointed)
or something that has a lot of recoil because it's fully automatic, case closed....


The one that has a lot of recoil, the micro

you stubborn **bleep**, you have the evidence right in front of you and you're still denying it 

Message 51 of 86 (137 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/25/2011
Offline
476 posts
 

Re: Para 9 needs a blindfire accuracy reduction

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2012

canadian94eh wrote:

rapha_333 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

rapha_333 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Stego111 wrote:

I agree it needs to be nerfed incrementally. I shouldnt be able to drop from a building and just mash on R1 and kill a guy behind and below me.


and the M9 can't do that? or the Kal? or the AK? or the Micro? if there is a blindfire reduction it should apply to ALL guns, not just the Para


As I said earlier, a nerf to the hip fire mechanic in the first place would be the best option. Also, you should consider that long guns will always beat sidearms . The para 9 is better than the micro in CQC , and it is not supposed to be that way. Even if you decrease the hip fire accuracy slightly, the para 9 would still be a great if not still the best pistol in the game.

think about it, which gun should have the best hipfire accuracy something with no recoil (it shoots where ever it is pointed)
or something that has a lot of recoil because it's fully automatic, case closed....


The one that has a lot of recoil, the micro

you stubborn **bleep**, you have the evidence right in front of you and you're still denying it 


So you are saying a gun that has high recoil should have bad hip fire accuracy, while the one with no recoil should have a high hip fire accuracy, making it better at all aspects? I don't see the logic.
Message 52 of 86 (133 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 11/22/2009
Offline
2348 posts
 

Re: Para 9 needs a blindfire accuracy reduction

Aug 28, 2012

rapha_333 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

rapha_333 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

rapha_333 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Stego111 wrote:

I agree it needs to be nerfed incrementally. I shouldnt be able to drop from a building and just mash on R1 and kill a guy behind and below me.


and the M9 can't do that? or the Kal? or the AK? or the Micro? if there is a blindfire reduction it should apply to ALL guns, not just the Para


As I said earlier, a nerf to the hip fire mechanic in the first place would be the best option. Also, you should consider that long guns will always beat sidearms . The para 9 is better than the micro in CQC , and it is not supposed to be that way. Even if you decrease the hip fire accuracy slightly, the para 9 would still be a great if not still the best pistol in the game.

think about it, which gun should have the best hipfire accuracy something with no recoil (it shoots where ever it is pointed)
or something that has a lot of recoil because it's fully automatic, case closed....


The one that has a lot of recoil, the micro

you stubborn **bleep**, you have the evidence right in front of you and you're still denying it 


So you are saying a gun that has high recoil should have bad hip fire accuracy, while the one with no recoil should have a high hip fire accuracy, making it better at all aspects? I don't see the logic.

higher recoil means the gun is harder to control therefore less accurate....Smiley Indifferent

Message 53 of 86 (125 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/25/2011
Offline
476 posts
 

Re: Para 9 needs a blindfire accuracy reduction

Aug 28, 2012

canadian94eh wrote:

rapha_333 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

rapha_333 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

rapha_333 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Stego111 wrote:

I agree it needs to be nerfed incrementally. I shouldnt be able to drop from a building and just mash on R1 and kill a guy behind and below me.


and the M9 can't do that? or the Kal? or the AK? or the Micro? if there is a blindfire reduction it should apply to ALL guns, not just the Para


As I said earlier, a nerf to the hip fire mechanic in the first place would be the best option. Also, you should consider that long guns will always beat sidearms . The para 9 is better than the micro in CQC , and it is not supposed to be that way. Even if you decrease the hip fire accuracy slightly, the para 9 would still be a great if not still the best pistol in the game.

think about it, which gun should have the best hipfire accuracy something with no recoil (it shoots where ever it is pointed)
or something that has a lot of recoil because it's fully automatic, case closed....


The one that has a lot of recoil, the micro

you stubborn **bleep**, you have the evidence right in front of you and you're still denying it 


So you are saying a gun that has high recoil should have bad hip fire accuracy, while the one with no recoil should have a high hip fire accuracy, making it better at all aspects? I don't see the logic.

higher recoil means the gun is harder to control therefore less accurate....Smiley Indifferent


If it was this way, then the Kal would be the least accurate at hipfire Smiley Tongue
Message 54 of 86 (122 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4595 posts
 

Re: Para 9 needs a blindfire accuracy reduction

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2012

Why does everyone want this game to be an automatics-fest? First the FAL-SS (understandably), then the G-MAL, then the Dragon (yep, tons of people are starting to complain about the Dragon), now the Para 9. What's the next semiautomatic this community wants nerfed, the Raffica? The Tau?

Message 55 of 86 (115 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 07/25/2011
Offline
476 posts
 

Re: Para 9 needs a blindfire accuracy reduction

Aug 28, 2012
I never complained on the Dragon and the GMAL. Para 9 is my favorite handgun, and I don't want it to be useless, I just don't want it to be the best pistol in all aspects. Reducing its hip fire accuracy won't make the micro a better weapon , only better at CQC. I also certainly don't want the reduction to be drastic.
Message 56 of 86 (109 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/24/2010
Offline
573 posts
 

Re: Para 9 needs a blindfire accuracy reduction

Aug 28, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

THE SOLUTION: remove hipfire lock-on while running-and-gunning, blindfiring in cover, and jumping-and-gunning, and make it so you have to put the aim dot/"blindfire cone" on an enemy to get any hits. This would make all blindfire less annoying.

In the meantime, do NOT nerf the Para 9 with prejudice, as it is my (and several other players') only defense against KAL-7 and Arm Micro scrubs in CQC without using one of those guns myself. If the Para 9's hipfire gets nerfed, ALL hipfire needs to be nerfed to make the KAL-7, Arm Micro, and M9 WAY less annoying as well.

Speaking of which, the M9's an even better blindfire weapon than the Para 9 is, and you don't even need to tap R1 for each individual bullet to come out.


with all do respect your point of view of the topic Mr. Southpaw, but this NOT the solution.

this would be a too much of an overkill, how do I know you may ask? 

 

go into a LAN game or a custom game with a friend or split-screen, and have player 2 on your team. have friendly fire on, and then try to kill your buddy with hip-fire, blind-fire while he trys to run away from you and stay alive. 

 

you might notice that it was a bit hard, because there is no Aim assist, hip-fire assist or blind-fire assist while shooting your team-mates.

 

so imagine having no Aim assist, hip-fire assist or blind-fire assist in real match against your enemies.... 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abbasman47 Trophy Card
Message 57 of 86 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/15/2011
Offline
290 posts
 

Re: Para 9 needs a blindfire accuracy reduction

Aug 28, 2012

abbasman47 wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

THE SOLUTION: remove hipfire lock-on while running-and-gunning, blindfiring in cover, and jumping-and-gunning, and make it so you have to put the aim dot/"blindfire cone" on an enemy to get any hits. This would make all blindfire less annoying.

In the meantime, do NOT nerf the Para 9 with prejudice, as it is my (and several other players') only defense against KAL-7 and Arm Micro scrubs in CQC without using one of those guns myself. If the Para 9's hipfire gets nerfed, ALL hipfire needs to be nerfed to make the KAL-7, Arm Micro, and M9 WAY less annoying as well.

Speaking of which, the M9's an even better blindfire weapon than the Para 9 is, and you don't even need to tap R1 for each individual bullet to come out.


with all do respect your point of view of the topic Mr. Southpaw, but this NOT the solution.

this would be a too much of an overkill, how do I know you may ask? 

 

go into a LAN game or a custom game with a friend or split-screen, and have player 2 on your team. have friendly fire on, and then try to kill your buddy with hip-fire, blind-fire while he trys to run away from you and stay alive. 

 

you might notice that it was a bit hard, because there is no Aim assist, hip-fire assist or blind-fire assist while shooting your team-mates.

 

so imagine having no Aim assist, hip-fire assist or blind-fire assist in real match against your enemies.... 



Have you ever played Gears? There is little to no lock on for blindfire. It just goes where your screen is pointed with poorer accuracy than aiming.



http://www.speedtest.net/result/1693042767.png
So....I lag?
Message 58 of 86 (102 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
6452 posts
 

Re: Para 9 needs a blindfire accuracy reduction

Aug 28, 2012

Blindfire needs a serious nerf for everything.

 

Also, the Micro should be a better gun for blindfire than the Para9. If people are constantly switching to Micros for the sole reason of blindfire, blindfire, and blindfire, then that doesn't mean that it was wrong to make it better than the Para9, it means that the blindfire nerf was not enough. Also the Micro should always beat the Para9 in unaimed combat in a perfectly matched scenario because the Micro is meant for closer ranges. If the Para9 that excels in mid/long continues to be strong at close range blindfire then it continues the trend of the Para9 dominating all other pistols. Making the Para9 lose to the Micro is balance. Bringing up the GMAL as an example, it's whole problem was that it was winning in too many ranges, and the Para9 is in some way the GMAL of the pistols right now, except it needs it's blindfire accuracy nerfed. Honestly I'd like to have it blindfire the same way as a FAL.

 

Lastly, "Running and Gunning" or "Hipfire" is Blindfire. If I see one more person try to tell everyone that blindfire is only behind cover.... You're just wrong. Until you can only get Spray and Pray medals (which is 3 or 5 Blindfire Kills) from only not aiming and shooting while behind cover, everything where you don't aim is blindfire. That's how the game recognizes which means that's how ND recognizes. End of story.

Message 59 of 86 (94 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 07/24/2010
Offline
573 posts
 

Re: Para 9 needs a blindfire accuracy reduction

Aug 28, 2012

Stego111 wrote:

abbasman47 wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

THE SOLUTION: remove hipfire lock-on while running-and-gunning, blindfiring in cover, and jumping-and-gunning, and make it so you have to put the aim dot/"blindfire cone" on an enemy to get any hits. This would make all blindfire less annoying.

In the meantime, do NOT nerf the Para 9 with prejudice, as it is my (and several other players') only defense against KAL-7 and Arm Micro scrubs in CQC without using one of those guns myself. If the Para 9's hipfire gets nerfed, ALL hipfire needs to be nerfed to make the KAL-7, Arm Micro, and M9 WAY less annoying as well.

Speaking of which, the M9's an even better blindfire weapon than the Para 9 is, and you don't even need to tap R1 for each individual bullet to come out.


with all do respect your point of view of the topic Mr. Southpaw, but this NOT the solution.

this would be a too much of an overkill, how do I know you may ask? 

 

go into a LAN game or a custom game with a friend or split-screen, and have player 2 on your team. have friendly fire on, and then try to kill your buddy with hip-fire, blind-fire while he trys to run away from you and stay alive. 

 

you might notice that it was a bit hard, because there is no Aim assist, hip-fire assist or blind-fire assist while shooting your team-mates.

 

so imagine having no Aim assist, hip-fire assist or blind-fire assist in real match against your enemies.... 



Have you ever played Gears? There is little to no lock on for blindfire. It just goes where your screen is pointed with poorer accuracy than aiming.


 

Sir, why are bringing Gears of war to this thread and comparing it to Uncharted 3?

 

Gears of war is heavly based on third person shooting and cover based shooting, which is sort of similar to uncharted 3 in a way, but it is still alot diffrent.

 

so lets try and keep the disscussion only focused on uncharted 3.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abbasman47 Trophy Card
Message 60 of 86 (93 Views)
Reply
0 Likes