Fender Bender
3544 posts

Re: Para-9 is too Good Compared to the Other Pistols

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:
  1. Here's an analogy for blindfire: It's like putting a two dollars in a soda machine, pushing the button, and after getting the soda out of the bottom telling yourself that you made that soda. You didnt'. If you use a semi-auto it's like instead of putting in two dollars you used exact change. There's no difference in the result and although you went a little farther it wasn't harder to accomplish. Either way it's still a blindfire kill in which you used the game's lock on to do your work for you.
  2. The "exaggerate weapons attributes paragraph" is the most general thing possible. I'm not sure when you used facts, but if you consider some of the things you posted facts than by comparison many of the things I posted are facts as well. So I don't accurately represent weapon attributes? Here: The Para 9 is the best pistol for aiming. You seem to have trouble with it's hit detection but I've never had this issue and can pull off cross map kills with it. The Para 9's recoil is also laughabley low. It's clip size and reload are good. It's bullet damage is good. It's blindfire accuracy is the strongest. It's got a better time to kill than the Arm Micro. What are the Para 9's weaknesses? It can jam. That's literally it compared to the other pistols. The reason I'm comparing it to just the other pistols is because the pistols are very clearly secondary weapons not meant to be as good as the long guns. So rather than telling me that I misrepresent the guns over and over and complaining about the Para 9's hit detection which only you seem to have a problem with, tell me why the best pistol for aiming and blindfiring is not all the things I said above. You may think it's **bleep** for aiming, but then would you rather aim with another pistol? Would you take Raffica aimed or Tau aimed over a Para 9?

You suggest that there would be some kind of ripple effect to the Micro for people's main pistol but why is that such a problem? Shouldn't people's preferences for a blindfire pistol be the one that is made for blindfire? If people aren't using the "pocket Kal 7" as their blindfire pistol then something is really wrong with the pistols. That's as clear as day. Instead though you have to make this some kind of battle between semi-automatics and automatics. Does it really matter which one they are using when they're just blindfiring anyways? Balance wise, the pistol that is best for aiming shouldn't have the best blindfire as well. Balance is based on a trade off yet there's no trade off there if it's a jack of all trades, and yet also the king of both aspects.

^Those.^

Esp. Bold.

Do you feel me?

Message 111 of 119 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10205 posts

Sep 30, 2012

I think we should go back to discussing the topic rather than getting too involved into each other's flaws in argument, don't you think?

Speaking of which, I tried using the Para 9 on Desert village Hardcore. 5 not alive, mid-range aiming! WOOT

I'm sarcastic about my reaction, but it did happen. I'm not going to aim against a PAK-80 to prove myself.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 112 of 119 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
349 posts

Sep 30, 2012

After reading through the argument lively discussion between SouthpawLP and Skin_N_Bones, I'm going to have to agree with Skin_N_Bones. Blindfire auto-aim should be removed, completely and all at one time, but ND has proven that they make changes to the MP in baby steps.

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 113 of 119 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10205 posts

Sep 30, 2012

harrisj16 wrote:

After reading through the argument lively discussion between SouthpawLP and Skin_N_Bones, I'm going to have to agree with Skin_N_Bones. Blindfire auto-aim should be removed, completely and all at one time, but ND has proven that they make changes to the MP in baby steps.

I'm assuming ND would first remove auto-blindfire in the stupidest guns possible to blindfire with. Tau, FAL, Dragon.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 114 of 119 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Sep 30, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Let's not get into generalizations.

I wasn't being general. I said the name of the person I was referring to, and also made a logical deduction.

1. South does not want the Para 9 to get a blindfire accuracy nerf.
  2. He said that blindfire should be nerfed across the board, but is still completely against the Para 9 getting a blindfire nerf first.
  3. South has confirmed that the Para 9 is the pistol he blindfires with.
  4. South has ranked guns by blindfire accuracy and puts the Para 9 with blindfire accuracy (which you can have with Clip Size or Reload Speed if you have the treasure weapon at no extra cost) above every pistol except the Arm Micro with both RoF and Blindfire Accuracy (which requires you use Weapon Expert, a slot one booster).
  5. Someone who wants the Para 9 to stay better at blindfire than every other pistol that you can use without using Weapon Expert must want it to be a very strong blindfire pistol.
  6. The Para 9 is the best pistol in aimed combat.

Oh and South, if you do reply to this, don't try to argue your way out of it. For each one of these simply state whether it is true or false, and if it is false then say why very specifically.

I’m not responding to any of that BS you just wrote down (at least, in the way you demanded me to) because so much of it is cherry-picked words you took from my posts, misrepresenting facts and what I’ve actually said to make me look like the idiot here. Missing the point about me wanting blindfire to be changed across the board yet not wanting the Para 9’s blindfire to be changed with some sort of prejudice against it has really tipped me off that you know ****-all about weapon balance. There is such a noticeable, elementary difference between the two changes, yet you (incorrectly) think it’s the same thing so you use it to try to prove me as a hypocrite. Your post reaches to an Irate Gamer level of ignorance, and I find your epic failure amusing to read.

Let me pre-emptively counter your upcoming crap about “well whether blindfire gets nerfed across the board or the Para 9 just gets its blindfire nerfed, the Para 9 still gets nerfed blindfire so it is the same thing”. First off, if the Para 9 is the only gun that gets a blindfire nerf the way you want it (if that happens, God help us all), then it is made to be weaker than the Micro and the M9. It will not compete with the automatics anymore. However, if blindfire is to have its lock-on taken out entirely, than the Para 9 will still be useable for blindfire if you have the center of your screen on your opponent (rather than making its bullets randomly miss like what happens when you have lock-on in blindfire). It is no worse than an M9 or Micro, nor is it any better, because it all depends on getting the center of the screen on the opponent. The latter solution is balanced while your solution would cause an enormous ripple effect and the pocket KAL-7 would become the dominant pistol. Therefore, they are NOT the same solution.

You exaggerate weapon attributes by accentuating their strengths and not even acknowledging their weaknesses, you ignore valid points made by your opponents when they use facts, then you hypocritically criticize them for ignoring your points, and then you cherry-pick words from your debate opponents’ posts with obvious intent to make them look worse than they actually are. Summarizing isn’t a bad thing, but the way you summarized my points was just embarrassing and laughable.

Predictably you are going to say “typical of you to argue your way out of it”. I believe I have a right to when you are actually misrepresenting me and I can call you out on it whenever I feel like you are misrepresenting facts. tripleWRECK has exaggerated the AK-47’s weaknesses in the past, and I called him out on it because even though he’s my friend the comments still made my BS meter go off. I just call you out on your exaggerations, hypocrisy, and flat-out ignorance more often because you make my BS meter go off more than any other person on the forum. It also doesn’t seem like I’m the only person who thinks that you are full of ****, in my experience. And no, I’m not talking about doing some survey with forumers here with less than 300 posts, I’m talking about well-known, well-respected members of the community who know what they’re talking about and have done a hell of a lot more for this community than I have.

Saying that I want this game to be just blindfire madness? Are you joking? I want all the guns to have balanced blindfire that has no lock-on and actually requires skill to use. I am tired of nerfs and buffs which make semi-automatic weapons worse than the other weapons and changes the gameplay to cater even more to automatic weapons. I hate blindfire as it is right now but at this point Naughty Dog should stop buffing/nerfing one weapon at a time and they should just release a patch that removes all blindfire lock-on or reduces all aim assist. But until then, leave the Para 9 (and every other weapon, pistol or long gun) alone. How do you not get this logic?

One last thing: thank you for supporting the moderators’ decision to kill the meme thread by shoving it in the barren wasteland that is the Fan-Created Content section. Now start being more consistent with your literalism and ask them to move every thread about the Lab into the Lab section and every thread about technical issues into the Technical Issues section. Since the meme thread got moved out of MP General I’ve noticed a really big dip in positivity in this section of the forums, so thank you for your wonderful contributions to this community by justifying the mods killing the thread that kept positivity alive long-term in this forum. Thank you for your generalizations, your assumptions about me based from cherry-picked words in my posts, ignoring my valid points in the most recent replies I have made to you just to hypocritically criticize me when I do that, and still believing you really know everything better than everyone else. Well, I'm here to tell you, you don't. I don't think I do, nor tripleWRECK, nor NeVeO, nor HIhi2442. They however do not have bloated egos and are willing to admit when they are wrong (which I've only seen you do once, when you blacklisted Eugenides and her friends in April and she called you out on how BS your blacklisting was).

End of discussion. As long as you are making these rash, idiotic assumptions about me because your reading comprehension is ****, don't ever talk to me again. You are not worth my time, especially in this discussion where I am going to say ND is not going to tweak fewer than ten weapons at a time (hmm, that's the same number as the loadout long guns and pistols in this game combined, what a coinkydink!), and from now on I'll just watch the people who cry about weapons begging for ND to nerf them with a big bowl of popcorn and a slightly bigger smile on my face with every handful of kernels I swallow.

Message 115 of 119 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10205 posts

Oct 1, 2012

WessonsLessons wrote:

That's how all Internet arguments go about. Just sayin'

Message 116 of 119 (175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Am I the only person, who didn't understand that? Explain, please. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be awesome instead. True story. - Barney Stinson.
Message 117 of 119 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10205 posts

Oct 1, 2012
Arguing over the Internet is like a horse trying to lift a medicine ball.
Message 118 of 119 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
5 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Hehe, nice. :') 

---------------------------------------------------------------
When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be awesome instead. True story. - Barney Stinson.
Message 119 of 119 (136 Views)
0 Likes