May 23 2012
By: xSKIN_N_BONESx Treasure Hunter 6452 posts

PSA: Blindfire has Stopping Power, That means Blindfire rushers slow you down just as much as you slow them down

[ Edited ]
61 replies 376 views Edited Aug 27, 2012

I found it weird that this hasn't been brought up before, and I'm wondering if people have even realized it or thought about it. When you get blindfired the gun's have just as much stopping power as normal, and doesn't this just make blindfire even more powerful for something like the M9 or AK. Thankfully the KAL7 doesn't have this issue or it would be even stronger, but shouldn't all stopping power be reserved for aiming only?

I'm just wondering whose has thought about this, and what they feel about it. Is it ok the way it is? Or does this just make blindfire even better than it should be? Stopping power was put in to thwart blindfire, and yet if someone blindfire's you with an M9 you'll be slowed down and twice as slow to get away.

And yes, I have tested this and it's true, I'm not just making some assumption. It's a fact.

Thoughts?

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead. Maybe now we can actually get this issue corrected so that escaping blindfire is actually possible. This seriously needs to be corrected.

Message 23 of 62 (376 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: PSA: Blindfire has Stopping Power, Isn't that bad?

May 22, 2012

Never really noticed it.   When I get blind fired by a kal-7 or m9 rof it's an auto kill (like 1 bullet hits me and I die) and if the 1 bullet blind fire doesn't kill me, they punch me from 75 feet away. 

Message 1 of 62 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6452 posts

May 22, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Never really noticed it.   When I get blind fired by a kal-7 or m9 rof it's an auto kill (like 1 bullet hits me and I die) and if the 1 bullet blind fire doesn't kill me, they punch me from 75 feet away. 

Well the KAL7 doesn't have any stopping power at all so it doesn't have any stopping power either way, but getting blindfired by an AK or M9 your chances of getting away or strafing backwards after a few shots is limited by stopping power slowing you down.

Message 2 of 62 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

May 22, 2012

Yeah, makes about as much sense as people running as fast as Usain Bolt while blind firing and being more accurate than hawkeye.

I believe they said they slowed it down, so instead of running like this:

flash.jpg

you only run like the actual fastest man on earth.

I've had so many people practically piggy back ride me while I'm sprinting...and I've thrown tons of grenades and never has one blind firerrerererererer ever even slowed down or got knocked over by one. 

Message 3 of 62 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6452 posts

May 22, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Yeah, makes about as much sense as people running as fast as Usain Bolt while blind firing and being more accurate than hawkeye.

I believe they said they slowed it down, so instead of running like this:

you only run like the actual fastest man on earth.

I've had so many people practically piggy back ride me while I'm sprinting...and I've thrown tons of grenades and never has one blind firerrerererererer ever even slowed down or got knocked over by one. 

Well when they slowed down blindfire run speed, they also added stopping power. So if someone blindfired you before that with an M9 they were faster and couldn't slow them down. Now you can slow them down and they're a little slower, but they can also slow you down, and since it's blindfire they're more accurate and also harder for you to hit in the first place because they're mobile. So the blindfire "patch" didn't do as much as people thought.

Message 4 of 62 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

May 22, 2012

I'd much rather have blind fire not be 100% lock on, and have weaker damage than this really...I'm doubtful many people will care about this... unless this is just a slow time for the forums. 

I really REALLY hate when I start getting shot by blind fire... and within the first 2 bullets of any gun my screen goes grey as hell, then I try to run away and it does nothing...people's blind fire follows me around corners...I remember this one guy chasing me, he was miles behind me running around in circles but his blind fire was following me around the huge pillar.....

Stopping power is pretty messed up but I doubt we'll see many changes to stopping power now. 

I mean, we had none, and they added heaps because people complained all day long about it... then they added it and then everyone complained it was too much... then they got rid of it again and blind fire is back and as powerful as ever. 

As much as ND just loves casuals over hard core fans, I'm sure they'll be wanting to keep blind fire as easy as possible... why aim and compete with the big boys when you can just chew on the R1 button with your eyes closed and get kills for free.

Message 5 of 62 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6452 posts

May 22, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

I'd much rather have blind fire not be 100% lock on, and have weaker damage than this really...I'm doubtful many people will care about this... unless this is just a slow time for the forums. 

I really REALLY hate when I start getting shot by blind fire... and within the first 2 bullets of any gun my screen goes grey as hell, then I try to run away and it does nothing...people's blind fire follows me around corners...I remember this one guy chasing me, he was miles behind me running around in circles but his blind fire was following me around the huge pillar.....

Stopping power is pretty messed up but I doubt we'll see many changes to stopping power now. 

I mean, we had none, and they added heaps because people complained all day long about it... then they added it and then everyone complained it was too much... then they got rid of it again and blind fire is back and as powerful as ever. 

As much as ND just loves casuals over hard core fans, I'm sure they'll be wanting to keep blind fire as easy as possible... why aim and compete with the big boys when you can just chew on the R1 button with your eyes closed and get kills for free.

I agree that blindfire should lock on a lot less. I'd like blindfire accuracy on all guns to be lowered. I just feel this is a stupid thing that shouldn't be there. Blindfire already locks on to a target for you, so it doesn't need to slow the person down so that escape is impossible as well. It's just adding insult to injury.

Message 6 of 62 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3044 posts

May 22, 2012

now you noticed it ?

also i'd like to see ND buff FF

There was a beverage seller that sold tea, people liked the tea so he added sugar, he noticed how people like sugared tea so he added milk to it, some did not like the milked up tea but it was drinkable, the seller then got an idea of selling coffee, some bought it and part of them did not like it, the seller got what he thought was the best idea, he mixed coffee into a tea, it is predicted to be the best original tea.
Message 7 of 62 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6452 posts

May 22, 2012

DevilDestiny wrote:

now you noticed it ?

also i'd like to see ND buff FF

ahhh watch-a think of my rage comic ? (pm me)

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/5/21/neoXQe8Luka9PSQ-zHhL7Q2.png

Noticed before but never looked into it.

And no.

Message 8 of 62 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3044 posts

May 22, 2012

but why ?

FF is the legit booster to counter BF

There was a beverage seller that sold tea, people liked the tea so he added sugar, he noticed how people like sugared tea so he added milk to it, some did not like the milked up tea but it was drinkable, the seller then got an idea of selling coffee, some bought it and part of them did not like it, the seller got what he thought was the best idea, he mixed coffee into a tea, it is predicted to be the best original tea.
Message 9 of 62 (376 Views)
0 Likes