Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
13 posts

4.0 2nd chance

Dec 2, 2011

After continuous stress testing with the newly released 4.0 PS3 update, the game seems to run near flawlessly. That time i said it turned off, was the scene where 1000s of the spiders came on screen. The framerate dipped and the ps3 fan went berserk, thus turned off my ps3. I tried it again today, completed that sequence with no issues, and played it for 2 hours with further stressful action sequences where the framerate would dip, however the ps3 fans were fine as well as its heat.

I also tested out co-op as it was also a major culprit in turning off the ps3 due to supposed heat spikes. Seems to function just fine but I didn't test it extensively.

I would argue the problem with Uncharted 3 turning off scertain PS3s was purely incompatibility issues with older firmware. Future updates for PS3 firmware will hopefully make the game run flawlessly. PS3 firmware 3.7-3.74 was just an unfortunate bad batch of updates from Sony that caused many heating issues with games that would otherwise run perfectly. 

While as i stated earlier, my ps3 did turn off, at least lasted an hour before doing so, and now I have been playing the game for over 2 hours with no errors. It is now playable, it was just unfortunate I had to wait a month for the game to be playable. Regardless, I am very happy, and wish the Naughty Dog team, Sony and those on the forums happy holidays and hopefully update 4.0 also alleviated the issues you were having with the game too.

I'll let you know if this was merely a lucky streak, and whether my issues will persist. For now I can finally finish the campaign.

Message 61 of 170 (322 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Still seems to shutdown at its own discretion even if the...

Dec 2, 2011

Still seems to shutdown at its own discretion even if the ps3 is cool and the fans aren't going berserk. Regardless, it runs much longer than it used to before shutting down. At least we're getting somewhere this time I suppose.

Message 62 of 170 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

UC3 crashes my ps3 constantly as of late. Last night whil...

Dec 3, 2011

UC3 crashes my ps3 constantly as of late. Last night while playing the game froze and crashed my ps3. Now i'm getting the 80010514 error message. I've tried repairing the file server or whatever by restarting in safe mode but no dice. Any help with this? Do I bascially have to get a new ps3?

Message 63 of 170 (322 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Firmware 4.0 didn't fix the continous reset.    Why no an...

Dec 3, 2011

Firmware 4.0 didn't fix the continous reset. 

Why no answer of ND about this?

Message 64 of 170 (322 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

MP is fine

Dec 4, 2011

After even more testing I have found that MP both splitscreen online and standard online, do not turn the ps3 off under any circumstance. I played with my brother for a good few hours today with no hiccups. 

Campaign and co-op online however do turn the PS3 off. It was quite obvious from this obervation that it is a possible software and/or firmware issue. ND and Sony please alleviate it, and don't blame out hardware.

I'll keep bumping this thread to raise awareness. This issue pertained to the beta so there's no more time for excuses I'm afraid.

Message 65 of 170 (322 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Phat PS3 crashes at Middle Way Argh

Dec 5, 2011

I was playing this wonderful game up to the point where the chapter Middle Way my PS3 shuts down on its own, 3 beeps and the Red LED light keeps flashing. All other games I am playing like Battlefield 3, NBA 2k12 and FIFA 12 worked fine without any crash or shutdown. It couldn;t be overheating or my hardware problem if other latest titles like BF3 can played why not UC3? Frustrated. ND please solve this problem, really like to play this materpiece 10 IGN score game and see the final ending to this story.

Message 66 of 170 (322 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Multiplayer Online works

Dec 5, 2011

Tried Multiplayer online and split screen it worked without any glitches, it must be some software bug. Please ND, you need to debug this game and release a patch ASAP.

Message 67 of 170 (322 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

I updated my PS3 to 4.0 firmware , and my Uncharted 3 sto...

Dec 8, 2011

I updated my PS3 to 4.0 firmware , and my Uncharted 3 stopped working ! it stucks at the ring loading page , and does not go anywhere !I tried to delete all the game data in the game data utility , but still the same , the when I start uncharted 3 it stuck at the loading ring page !

any ideas ? please help me fix this problem , I am sure the disc is 100% clean, new , and un scratched , just got it two weeks ago and never eject it.

Also My PS3 Shutdowns without anywarning and red light flashes.  I have PS3 60GB.

I tried to run FIFA 12, NFS RUN, BATMAN AKHRAM CTY  disc today, and they all  work fine.

Thanks

Message 68 of 170 (322 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Me too.

Dec 9, 2011

Same problema sas everyone else. Fat 60 GB PS# launch model, first game to EVER freeze my system was the UC3 Beta. Afterwards, Uncharted 2 started freezing the same way with either Singleplayer or Campaign, and now that I've finally got my CE Uncharted 3, same thing happens.

I'm a sad panda.

Message 69 of 170 (322 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Gave up playing UC3 after FW4.0

Dec 9, 2011

I was expecting newly updated firmware would save me from this issue, but it still turns off.

Problem became even worse, as firmware 4.0 forces system recovery step, so I have to wait 5 minute for every single crash.

P.S. I've recently checked other games I have whether they cause same problem or not and found 2 more.

- Uncharted 3

- Uncharted 2

- TTT2 Prologue in Tekken Hybrid

Message 70 of 170 (322 Views)
0 Likes