Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
7 posts

Arne

Dec 9, 2011

I've called out Arne on this thread on Twitter... and actually got a reply: "@holygriever One of our QA guys has been in the thread with any possible responses. We're aware of the thread. thx though".

http://twitter.com/#!/arnemeyer/status/144967292105658368

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 170 (320 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

I think ND is on vacation...

Dec 16, 2011

I think ND is on vacation... 

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 170 (320 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

I think it might be HDMI control. I had just got a referb...

Dec 17, 2011

I think it might be HDMI control. I had just got a referb PS3 back from Best Buy and put in a good 5-6 hours on BF3 the night I got it back. The next day I tweaked the settings to what they used to be, aka HDMI control on.  Put in UC3 and within 10-15 minutes random restart. Thinking **bleep** this PS3 is bad, restart and again random restart in UC3. So boot up again and now it starts rebooting in the xmb menu.. hmm this PS3 must be bad. So I finally get it to stay up long enough to delete all the data I have on it thinking I'm gonna have to take it in again and it dawns on me that I did change HDMI control earlier. Turned that off and played a good hour of UC3 no problems and then put in a good 3 hours of BF3 no problems. I have a slim 160gb that runs through an Onkyo reciver. I'm of the belief that something is going on with the HDMI control that is making the PS3 think it's getting a shut down signal. From what I'm saying it can't be overheating can it?

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 170 (320 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

its not an HDMI control problem

Dec 17, 2011

I doubt that BluHavik, HDMI control is exclusive to the slim line of ps3's, this problem is widespread with Older Model(Phat) PS3's. and though the slims seem to have issues with the game as well mainly freezing issues, i dont think they are suffering from the shut off issues like the Older ones are. I really do hope this gets solved at some point, its ridiculous to own a game we cant play, and outside of ND saying its not something they can fix with a patch, that it sounds more like a hardware problem, we haven't heard a gun fire about the issue, from the people(ND and Sony) who can probably better figure out just what is causing the issue. way i see it, if its happening to multiple people, no mater the size of the masses, it cant just be an individuals hardware going bad. especially the fact that its with just one game, everything else works fine.

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 170 (320 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Well it's not UC3 causing the problem. Was playing BF3 to...

Dec 18, 2011

Well it's not UC3 causing the problem. Was playing BF3 tonight and about an hour in random shutdown. It's either the firmware or PS3 and I'm betting on the PS3. It's a referb best buy sent to replace the one I bought. Guess I have to take it back again and tell them they sent me a bunk ps3.

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 170 (320 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

hmmm yeah you could have a whole other problem entirely,...

Dec 18, 2011

hmmm yeah you could have a whole other problem entirely, cause everyone else's ps3 only shuts off with UC3, yeah should def take it back to Best Buy for a diff one.

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 170 (320 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS3 shuts down continuously while playing Uncharted3.

Dec 22, 2011

Mine keeps freezing at random points during the game, Which is VERY frustrating and is really starting to push my buttons. Mainly on the start of chapter 10: Historical research, it's not my PS3 and I know this for a FACT as it doesn't happen with any other game I use.

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 170 (320 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 26, 2011

I have a fat 60 gig ps3 I first got the game and the farthest I got was following sully as a kid then the infamous random shutdown kept happening. So took my ps3 apart for the second time ever redid the thermal paste, and since my heatsink wasn't laying flat on one of the chips( big air pocket in the middle) I filed down that heatsink flat. After putting it back together not even 5 seconds into gameplay and the system shuts off. After that I borrowed a friends slim had know problems and beat the game. That was back in nov. now I'm tackling it again I want this thing to work without problems. I don't play games 24/7 I don't see why my system is already having problems. Well today I updated my ps3 tried playing the game. Same thing shuts down within 5 seconds. So I decided to restore. I was able to play for about 20 mins. Then let my system cool started again and played for a little over an hour. The fan does run high especially in gameplay.  But it speeds up like instantly when there's gameplay. Honestly it's hard to say if it's a hardware issue.  I've had this problem with all 3 uncharted games and on the first 2 the problem was eventually gone.

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 170 (320 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 26, 2011

Try restore The ps3!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 170 (320 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 26, 2011

I'm did a quick restore before. I'm going to try a full restore this time. But it's going to take like 28 hours! Must be because of the 500 gig hardrive.

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 170 (320 Views)
0 Likes