May 30 2012
By: Au10tic Lombax Warrior 240 posts

PS3 keeps freezing

32 replies 4080 views Edited May 30, 2012

it freezes up on the connecting.. screen after syncing up the level data, when its able to connect i know it will freeze up because my emblem, level icon and others wont show up, and its supposedly loading a game stuck on the spinning ring but it never loads and of course i get a loss because i never connected, its so ridiculous. I have spent hours attempting to re-connect because sometimes it does connect after booting up the ps3 like 15x and in the course of attempting and it freezes up on me and i get losses in the game.. arrghhh!!! this is so frustrating, ND PLEASE HELP I been researching and others seems to have issues with the game freezing up on them on different stages of the game.

Other games play fine, like uncharted 2 i can go online and play fine, red dead redemption, resistance 2 and 3

I've done the below with same results, it freezes up and finally connects and i am able to play. after like 15 attempts

* blew up some air on the vents to clear up the air ways, ps3 is not even heating up

* deleted all uncharted 3 game data files

* rebuild database

* set my ps3 on dmz and gave it a static ip address manually on ps3 and on my router

I have a phat ps3 with the original HD in it 60GB (CECHA01) backwards compatible. Any help or suggestions from ND or anybody would be appreciated.

I dont always play, but when I do. I play for hours.

Message 1 of 33 (4,080 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Re: PS3 keeps freezing

May 31, 2012

NaughtyDog?? anybody??

Message 2 of 33 (4,081 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 2, 2012

Well since yestardeay i was playing and i finish a match and it frezzes when the ring appears that happened 2 times,and today the same its really frustrating i lost the progress,ND please fix this.

Message 3 of 33 (4,082 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 2, 2012

Yeah, I seem to be having the exact same problem. The levels will sync up, all that jazz, then when it shows that patch 1.11 screen, I press ok, and it freezes up. It's done this 3 times, and it ain't my internet connection either. So, what's the problem ND?

Message 4 of 33 (4,085 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 3, 2012

Since I downloaded patch 1.12 friday, Iam having the same ploblem. The game does sync up and connects, but soon as my avartar runs on, the game freezes.

My internet connection is good, and I have been playing other titles with no ploblems.

And also I had ploblems to signing on to this website just to post a comment on the forums.  

I have a slim 160 gig.

Message 5 of 33 (4,085 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 4, 2012

Yeah mine keeps freezing also, I treid to log in and it works all the way until i get to the message of the day and i press X to hit ok and it freezes everytime ive tried about 8 times in a row and nothing and ive cheacked internet connection and everything is running fine but still cant get past the message of the day it still freezzes. Please N.D help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 33 (4,087 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Jun 4, 2012

I see more users complaining here and on the patch 1.12 notes on main site about this and yet a single word from ND!! I tried it today again after deleting the UC3 game data and a "Restore Default Settings" from SAFE MODE which deleted my network accounts, and after added them again to my PS3 profiles I was able to play matches without the 'DLC Toggle' showing, even though all 3 DLC maps were showing up under custom game under maps to choose from.. The other day i also performed this but decided to install the dlc maps again and later on my skins, but before continuing to download/install the whole thing, i decided to test it out after installing the flashback map #1 and freaking game froze again, so i dont know if installing the DLCs are making the game freeze at this point.

Message 7 of 33 (4,087 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 4, 2012

This morning I got on and everything worked just fine.. Thanks N.D for the help

Message 8 of 33 (4,087 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Jun 6, 2012

My PS3 has so far now froze at the message of the day screen 4 times in a row.  That's after doing the safe mode stuff (rebuilding database + restoring file system).  I'm starting to think message of the day screen is glitched and needs to be an option that you can choose if you want, instead of being present right after connection screen goes off.

Well, I was finally able to play one or two Co-Op Arena games, then was "logged off" PSN for no apparent reason.  Now it's (message of the day screen) doing the same stupid thing to me again (froze twice in a row).  Pretty annoying waiting for the loading ring to finally go away just to end up with your system frozen.

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 9 of 33 (4,087 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 6, 2012

Ive been having the same problem as you where it frezzes my system at the message of the day and i ended up signing into my brothers account and it worked fine so i signed out of his and went into mine and it worked fine but once i logged out and tried to get on just a few minutes ago to play again it happened again so I did the same process and it worked. so trying singing into another account see if that one works then go back into your for now until hopefully naugthy dog fixes the problem in the next patch. PLEASE NAUGTHY FIX THE FREZZING ISSUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 10 of 33 (4,087 Views)
0 Likes