Uncharted Territory
1501 posts

Re: PAY TO WIN items. ND's lowest low

Aug 13, 2012

IPumpMyGun wrote:

Cyris: No one is putting anything to your head to make you buy anything ND is selling.

You're missing the point.

People are just going to buy the same two items that are OP.

Message 111 of 116 (222 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Aug 13, 2012
Can't wait for the items to come out on the store.

Either they'll make not enough of a difference to gameplay that the pre-emptive complainers will eat their words or they'll be unbalanced enough for ND to just remove the hat stats and admit they were a bad idea. Smiley Very Happy
Message 112 of 116 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Aug 13, 2012

I agree that the items with stats are a terrible idea, but I don't really care if anyone is wearing the same stuff, if it's not totally overpowered in a way that you NEED to use it yourself to compete.

Though NDs lowest low was obviously when they told people they were buying 4 mappacks and then only gave us 3 Smiley Very Happy (Yes, I enjoy beating dead horses.)

Message 113 of 116 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2678 posts

Aug 13, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:
Can't wait for the items to come out on the store.

Either they'll make not enough of a difference to gameplay that the pre-emptive complainers will eat their words or they'll be unbalanced enough for ND to just remove the hat stats and admit they were a bad idea. Smiley Very Happy

Yeah, I can't wait either.  I wish they'd release them all at once though.  No telling how long I'm going to have to wait until they release what I want to buy.

ND won't be able to just remove the stats.  Once they sell an item with those stats, they can't remove them......Sony is not in the refund business.

Message 114 of 116 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Aug 13, 2012
They can release a toggle to turn off your own hat stats, though. Like the DLC toggle: you bought it, but you can choose not to use it if you don't feel like it.

The stat hats don't seem like THAT big of an imbalance, since they come with downsides, too. I'd rather play with one less perk and no downsides. If I'm gonna use three boosters, I'll buy a paid booster and avoid reducing my clip size, blindfire accuracy, and regeneration speed.
Message 115 of 116 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
15 posts

Aug 15, 2012
For now I'm fine with the items. But I can't stand paying real money for items and the taunts that are already in the game. Naughty Dog pulled a Capcom. I promised myself I wouldn't buy a single thing with real money once I found out. It's beyond stupid.
Message 116 of 116 (122 Views)
0 Likes