Lombax Warrior
109 posts

"It already was, #2 in comparison to the #1 online s...

Apr 19, 2011
"It already was, #2 in comparison to the #1 online shooter for Playstation, which was SOCOM ...."

They're not talking about being the go to shooter among playstation exclusives, they want it to be the go to game on multiplayer on the ps3, period. That means beating out CoD, NFS, Battleground, Crysis, etc. I'd say that the kickbacks do seem a bit gimmicky, but they did need to make it deeper to pull in the players of CoD, etc. I hope it stays as classy as Uncharted 2 though, which they might find hard to pull off with some of these additions.
Message 31 of 38 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

I'm fine with some of the changes. Being able to spawn a...

Apr 19, 2011
I'm fine with some of the changes. Being able to spawn a rocket launcher in any situation isn't one of them.
And the medal system is pretty poorly done. IMO, it should be done like the award weapon system in Star Wars Battlefront 2.
Message 32 of 38 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

I agree with everything in red. ur post hit the nail in t...

Apr 19, 2011

Eugenides wrote:

It seems like a very clear case of trying to do too much, to appeal to too many people. All Uncharted needed was a comprehensive/vastly improved version of Uncharted 2, not a game trying desperately to draw in larger crowds by being everything under the sun. We've got Call of Duty-esque killstreaks and loadouts. We've got "balancing" that seems to penalize the good players/teams. None of which is what I was anticipating, at all.

When there is so much new that's being stuffed in, it makes me nervous that the core gameplay balancing (i.e. the important stuff) is being neglected. I really hope that isn't the case.

This just has been extremely depressing for me. I was eagerly awaiting the payoff from having participated in what seemed to be a year+ Uncharted beta. I figured UC3 would have ironed all UC2's kinks out, refined the bad and strengthened the good. Instead I am left with this.

If it truly is as gimmicky as it looks/sounds, I am just crossing my fingers for, at the very least, a classic playlist; bare-bones Deathmatch with none of these new "features". I can almost guarantee that would be the most populated mode, haha.

And hey, I guess there's still the single player.

I agree with everything in red. ur post hit the nail in the head, for loyal players who've played this game for over a year i think we expected an improved game that keeps the basic system in place in uncharted that made it such a unique experience and something that is alot different than anything out on the market. Although i agree uc3 is going to be unique in its own way i think they've implemented way to many features that take away from the organic uc2 experience. The new weapon customization with the elimination of weapon spawns, and the new kickbacks that give players on a role more advantage make uc3 more mainstream. This is understandable though since they are trying to sell their game to a wider audience but for people who have stuck by uc2 it feels a lil bit like a betrayal. like u said i hope for a "barebones" gamemode. 

Message 33 of 38 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Not to fond of getting an RPG out of nowhere but you have...

Apr 19, 2011

Not to fond of getting an RPG out of nowhere but you have to remember, it takes 12 medals to get it! Other than that everything is awesome. Espcially customization of guns and your look. 

Message 34 of 38 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4357 posts

I saw two videos of ND people saying 14 medals for RPG, n...

Apr 19, 2011

The-ButtonMasher wrote:

Not to fond of getting an RPG out of nowhere but you have to remember, it takes 12 medals to get it! Other than that everything is awesome. Espcially customization of guns and your look. 

I saw two videos of ND people saying 14 medals for RPG, nothing is final yet though...

Message 35 of 38 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
831 posts

Medal Kickback Militia Man - No reloading for 30 second....

Apr 19, 2011

Medal Kickback

• Militia Man - No reloading for 30 second. Costs 5 medals.
  • Disruption - Nearby enemies cannot see player arrows for 45 seconds. Costs 6 medals.
  • Smoke Bomb - Vanish in a puff of smoke. Costs 7 medals.
  • Cursed Idol - Trow an idol that releases a cloud of gas that curses anyone who enters it. Costs 7 medals.
  • Cash 'em In - Double your cash earnings for 30 seconds. Costs 7 medals.
  • Carpet Bomb - Throw 3 grenades at once. Costs 7 medals.

http://ca.kotaku.com/5792872/hands-on-with-uncharted-3s-three-team-deathmatch-and-free-for-all-killf...

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - RomoToCrayton09
Message 36 of 38 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

only thing im worried about it the weapon load out and th...

Apr 19, 2011
only thing im worried about it the weapon load out and the magic rocket launcher from the gods everything eles i think ill love
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 37 of 38 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2536 posts

Doesn't matter if they are or aren't, the contrast is sti...

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

ElFlechero wrote:
"It already was, #2 in comparison to the #1 online shooter for Playstation, which was SOCOM ...."

They're not talking about being the go to shooter among playstation exclusives, they want it to be the go to game on multiplayer on the ps3, period. That means beating out CoD, NFS, Battleground, Crysis, etc. I'd say that the kickbacks do seem a bit gimmicky, but they did need to make it deeper to pull in the players of CoD, etc. I hope it stays as classy as Uncharted 2 though, which they might find hard to pull off with some of these additions.

Doesn't matter if they are or aren't, the contrast is still there and the comparisons will always be there too.  Even worse for sake of argument, it will always impact the way this game is received AS A PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE !

You can't get SOCOM or Uncharted on any other platform, and they are both extremely similar titles regardless of theme.

You want a 3PS to be the go to game on the PS3 with it's SOCOM 2 like addicted fan base ?  Then learn the ropes !

As a hardcore, 3PS exclusive, you cannot compete or try to tailor your game to attract that of a multi platform game / FPS.

It's not possible to succeed with this, repeat not possible to succeed

So while you're hoping for the classic uncharted engine build, know this, by adding sprint, that's already one red flag that should've tipped you off to know, that they've started fiddling with that "classy uncharted feel" from Uncharted 2.

Locking this thread because it old! Robot wink -space_cape!!

Message 38 of 38 (232 Views)
0 Likes