Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2536 posts

To everyone who says this, keep it to yourself, I've neve...

Apr 18, 2011

I-Owe-you-Pain wrote:

Yeah, it looks fantastic in most areas but bits where rocket launchers spawn into your hands? 

It's different..is all I'll say; I guess we just have to wait and see in the Beta! :smileytongue:

To everyone who says this, keep it to yourself, I've never once seen a game play video of both a title I've never played before and one that I have, and wasn't able to tell exactly how it was going to feel behind an Xbox / Playstation controller.

I can tell exactly how this game is going to play and feel just by watching videos, because what I want, is an improved Uncharted 2, like everyone else.

The whole "I don't want an uncharted 2.5" garbage is a lie, only IGN & 1UP game journalists say that in assumption that it's the general consensus of gamers as a whole.

Don't fix what isn't broken .... or learn the hard way like SOCOM did !

Message 21 of 38 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
248 posts

I won't take it to the extreme like you have until I've p...

Apr 18, 2011

Scientist wrote:

StargamerX wrote:

Anyone else feel like ND went a little overboard? Granted, these are initial impressions to something I read about 10 minutes ago; but I feel like the multiplayer is no longer "grounded."

Now you can teleport across the map, taunt for ammo, spawn a rocket launcher into your hands, etc.  It feels like so much will be going on that the multiplayer will have a more arcade vibe than anything.

I guess I'll have to wait until the beta to find out for myself.  Everything else seems awesome though. :smileyhappy:

You're absolutely right, SCE probably pushed for a lot of this, they screwed up SOCOM, because they're trying to appeal to a broader audience, that's why SOCOM 4 is such a pile of muff cabbage.

From what I'm seeing right now, if anybody who played a PS2 with crash bandicoot, SOCOM & SOCOM 2, were the PS2 versions of Uncharted & Uncharted 2, then on their 3rd installment, money gets the best of them and they screw it up.

All I see right now is a gutted UC2 engine with Sprint, kickbacks, terrible boosters, unlocks / leveling up like CoD, and some stupid death banner / signature like in Modern Warfare 2 when you die, which wasn't even cool. 

Wow, just when I thought there was a studio who wasn't subject to failure like this .... Death of uncharted people, brace yourselves. 

I won't take it to the extreme like you have until I've played it, but what worries me is the boosters being upgradeable. Some are over the top as it is, the last thing we need are booster with even more power.

Message 22 of 38 (81 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

I completely agree with StargamerX...but nothings final.

Apr 18, 2011
Message 23 of 38 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2536 posts

Link Unlock this thread !

Apr 18, 2011

Link Unlock this thread !

Message 24 of 38 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2536 posts

You have to be passionate, no matter the cost, otherwise...

Apr 19, 2011

badgerfan20945 wrote:

I won't take it to the extreme like you have until I've played it, but what worries me is the boosters being upgradeable. Some are over the top as it is, the last thing we need are booster with even more power.

You have to be passionate, no matter the cost, otherwise any demand for changes you guys ask for, won't happen, SCE is too focused on CoD and their first party interest to make money off of titles even if that means destroying them.

I don't think ND has the spine to tell SCE / SCEA to go to hell, and make the game right, and so far, that's exactly what I don't see happening.  Leveling up Boosters CoD style ?  Sprint in a TPS game that was perfect without it ?  Kickbacks ?

This is going to be ugly .... You have to be loud with it, or your precious Uncharted 2 will be a distant memory in 2 years time.

Message 25 of 38 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2536 posts

That was the unfortunate assumption from the SOCOM fans w...

Apr 19, 2011

Peroxit17 wrote:

That was the unfortunate assumption from the SOCOM fans with SOCOM 4, and they were dead wrong about the highlighted.

When a beta is launched, almost everything you see is final, and if you're not loud and clear enough about the demand for changes, nothing will get fixed.

Sprint & Kickbacks along with CoD style anything needs to go.  I said before that weapon customization for substituting boosters could be an option, I didn't think ND or anyone else would take it seriously, and then go overboard with it. 

Sounds and looks like an SCE order, not a creative ND concept. 

Message 26 of 38 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

well ND did say they wated the game to be the 'go to mult...

Apr 19, 2011

well ND did say they wanted the game to be the 'go to multiplayer' on ps3 platform.

and if they ever to achieve that, repeating uncharted 2 would definitely be the last one, cuz uncharted 2 only appeals to a very  small number of players.

Message 27 of 38 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2536 posts

It already was, #2 in comparison to the #1 online shooter...

Apr 19, 2011

RatedUncharted wrote:

well ND did say they wanted the game to be the 'go to multiplayer' on ps3 platform.

and if they ever to achieve that, repeating uncharted 2 would definitely be the last one, cuz uncharted 2 only appeals to a very  small number of players.

It already was, #2 in comparison to the #1 online shooter for Playstation, which was SOCOM ....

I keep saying "SOCOM" all the time here, Uncharted 1 & 2 is the PS3 version of SOCOM 1 & 2 back on the PS2. 

Both getting better from the first iteration to their sequel, then going absolutely the wrong direction with the 3rd one. 

Message 28 of 38 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

well, I'm pretty sure ND was aiming for the current #1 in...

Apr 19, 2011
well, I'm pretty sure ND was aiming for the current #1 instead of SOCOM2, and socom2 isn't even on ps3 platform.

And, we've only seen a speck of a game still in development, so its unfair to reach to conclusion at this time
Message 29 of 38 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
831 posts

So having more deph in a game is a bad thing?   So what y...

Apr 19, 2011

So having more deph in a game is a bad thing?

So what your saying is that you would rather buy a car with just a cd player. Or you could get a fully loaded car thats a lexus that has everything?

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - RomoToCrayton09
Message 30 of 38 (81 Views)
0 Likes