Lombax Warrior
101 posts

this game looks like Call Of Duty Drake Deception :smiley...

Apr 18, 2011

StargamerX wrote:

Anyone else feel like ND went a little overboard? Granted, these are initial impressions to something I read about 10 minutes ago; but I feel like the multiplayer is no longer "grounded."

Now you can teleport across the map, taunt for ammo, spawn a rocket launcher into your hands, etc.  It feels like some much will be going on that the multiplayer will have a more arcade vibe than anything.

I guess I'll have to wait until the beta to find out for myself.  Everything else seems awesome though. :smileyhappy:

this game looks like Call Of Duty Drake Deception :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 38 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

TELEPORTING sounds like GLITCH

Apr 18, 2011

TELEPORTING sounds like GLITCH

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 38 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

The game play itself seems goofy now. Like vanishing into...

Apr 18, 2011
The game play itself seems goofy now. Like vanishing into smoke or instantly getting an RPG... lag was bad before, everyone prepare yourselves for the worst.

Ninja vanishing is just too overboard. I feel they are taking the things out of the first that seemed fun and replacing them with super powers.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 38 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

there are so many little gimmicks and tricks that might m...

Apr 18, 2011

there are so many little gimmicks and tricks that might make the multiplayer worse than U2.. but that's why there's a BETA, to neutralize the gameplay mechanics!

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 38 (63 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1300 posts

Yes, overwhelming is the first word that comes to mind af...

Apr 18, 2011

Yes, overwhelming is the first word that comes to mind after watching the trailer.  That's kinda the same reason why I stayed away from CoD - way too many medals, perks, and weapon presets to deal with.  At the end of the day you're left wondering if you're actually skilled at the game or if you're just really good at exploiting perks that other players don't know about.

But I'll reserve my final judgement until I can play it.  If nothing else, I'll love the single player.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 38 (63 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9117 posts

It seems like a very clear case of trying to do too much,...

Apr 18, 2011

It seems like a very clear case of trying to do too much, to appeal to too many people. All Uncharted needed was a comprehensive/vastly improved version of Uncharted 2, not a game trying desperately to draw in larger crowds by being everything under the sun. We've got Call of Duty-esque killstreaks and loadouts. We've got "balancing" that seems to penalize the good players/teams. None of which is what I was anticipating, at all.

When there is so much new that's being stuffed in, it makes me nervous that the core gameplay balancing (i.e. the important stuff) is being neglected. I really hope that isn't the case.

This just has been extremely depressing for me. I was eagerly awaiting the payoff from having participated in what seemed to be a year+ Uncharted beta. I figured UC3 would have ironed all UC2's kinks out, refined the bad and strengthened the good. Instead I am left with this.

If it truly is as gimmicky as it looks/sounds, I am just crossing my fingers for, at the very least, a classic playlist; bare-bones Deathmatch with none of these new "features". I can almost guarantee that would be the most populated mode, haha.

And hey, I guess there's still the single player.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 38 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

No Betas typically dont iron out a lot of details like wh...

Apr 18, 2011

Bro_Sport wrote:

there are so many little gimmicks and tricks that might make the multiplayer worse than U2.. but that's why there's a BETA, to neutralize the gameplay mechanics!

No Betas typically dont iron out a lot of details like what has been shown. The primary concern is the overall gameplay which is not going to change through a beta. They wont remove sprint, add weapon spawns, remove killstreaks, or any of the other things that seem to almost taint everything many people enjoyed about UC2

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 38 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

exactly.  uncharted 2's MP was amazing without all the ex...

Apr 18, 2011

Eugenides wrote:

It seems like a very clear case of trying to do too much, to appeal to too many people. All Uncharted needed was a comprehensive/vastly improved version of Uncharted 2, not a game trying desperately to draw in larger crowds by being everything under the sun. We've got Call of Duty-esque killstreaks and loadouts. We've got "balancing" that seems to penalize the good players/teams. None of which is what I was anticipating, at all.

When there is so much new that's being stuffed in, it makes me nervous that the core gameplay balancing (i.e. the important stuff) is being neglected. I really hope that isn't the case.

This just has been extremely depressing for me. I was eagerly awaiting the payoff from having participated in what seemed to be a year+ Uncharted beta. I figured UC3 would have ironed all UC2's kinks out, refined the bad and strengthened the good. Instead I am left with this.

If it truly is as gimmicky as it looks/sounds, I am just crossing my fingers for, at the very least, a classic playlist; bare-bones Deathmatch with none of these new "features". I can almost guarantee that would be the most populated mode, haha.

And hey, I guess there's still the single player.

exactly.  uncharted 2's MP was amazing without all the extra stuff they added to uncharted 3.  Heck, they could have copied and pasted U2's MP to the U3 disk, fixed some gameplay issues and lag and I would have been hooked for another 2 years. 

Hopefully if things arent looking somewhat better when the beta comes out they will make some drastic changes to the game before its release. 

I honestly cant wait to play.  Im insterested in seeing how this all works out. 

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 38 (62 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1300 posts

Yea, I'm just as jaded as everyone else about the changes...

Apr 18, 2011

Yea, I'm just as jaded as everyone else about the changes.  But logically, we all had to see this coming, lol.  Uncharted wants to be THE game for multiplayer on the PS3.  And COD-elements simply sell - no matter how arcadey they seem.  There's a reason why the online communities of Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops completely dwarf Uncharted 2's (unfortunately).

Sometimes you gotta sacrifice purity to appeal to the masses.  At the same time though, we should still keep an open mind.  Maybe Naughty Dog will present it in a way that's still attractive to the old schoolers.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 38 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2536 posts

You're absolutely right, SCE probably pushed for a lot of...

Apr 18, 2011

StargamerX wrote:

Anyone else feel like ND went a little overboard? Granted, these are initial impressions to something I read about 10 minutes ago; but I feel like the multiplayer is no longer "grounded."

Now you can teleport across the map, taunt for ammo, spawn a rocket launcher into your hands, etc.  It feels like so much will be going on that the multiplayer will have a more arcade vibe than anything.

I guess I'll have to wait until the beta to find out for myself.  Everything else seems awesome though. :smileyhappy:

You're absolutely right, SCE probably pushed for a lot of this, they screwed up SOCOM, because they're trying to appeal to a broader audience, that's why SOCOM 4 is such a pile of muff cabbage.

From what I'm seeing right now, if anybody who played a PS2 with crash bandicoot, SOCOM & SOCOM 2, were the PS2 versions of Uncharted & Uncharted 2, then on their 3rd installment, money gets the best of them and they screw it up.

All I see right now is a gutted UC2 engine with Sprint, kickbacks, terrible boosters, unlocks / leveling up like CoD, and some stupid death banner / signature like in Modern Warfare 2 when you die, which wasn't even cool. 

Wow, just when I thought there was a studio who wasn't subject to failure like this .... Death of uncharted people, brace yourselves. 

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 38 (62 Views)
0 Likes