Nov 28 2012
By: Olivier007 Lombax Warrior 95 posts

Overseer trophy help wanted

16 replies 430 views Edited Nov 28, 2012

Title says it. Looking for experienced players to get this trophy with. Preferably be familiar with how to tackle the last bit on monastery on crushing (army of three, gathering power weapons, etc). I got really close one time, but ran out of Dragon ammo on the last RPG, and he managed to hit the statue on the first shot :/

So please, if you have experience with this part, hit me up, so I can get the last of these annoying co-op trophies out of the way. (Other than treasure sets of course) Thanks in advance.

ALL boosters are now maxed out.
ALL treasure sets completed.
Remaining trophies: Overseer (0/1)

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 1 of 17 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Re: Overseer trophy help wanted

Nov 29, 2012
Hi Oliver
Need this too +two treasures for the two trophies Smiley Sad
Had tried this before but was close to legacy so left it for a while, now am in legacy 5 and have a few co op. weapon mods most boosters gold and army of three.
Have a player on my friends list who needs it we tried a few times but only two of us.
Want to team up my psn is dragon1980 am GMT (uk) my friend is. GMT (Germany)
Message 2 of 17 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6980 posts

Nov 29, 2012

if you don't mind spending about 30+ min. going over the plan, send a message to Stikfingas, he pretty much knows what the NPCs are having for dinner

JayJay 2515 signature

2 time Face of The WWE Champion
Message 3 of 17 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4354 posts

Nov 29, 2012

To be honest, I don't give ____ about trophies Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 17 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2413 posts

Nov 29, 2012
I haven't got it yet, I'll probably try going after it later on, but a friend gave me a helpful tip.

If you are good at having to hit lots of buttons at the same time, try to leave the Dragon Sniper enemies alive, then the RPG guys can't spawn until they are dead. You'll have to roll lots, but it's easier than being spammed by five rockets at a time.

Also, always remember to get the PAK-80 before you take Drake to the statue, and pick up the one dropped by the Brute. The Hammer, Dragons, T-Bolt and RPG are also helpful, make sure your team mates have at least one of these.

I have to say though, I was pretty annoyed this trophy wasn't retroactive, I had done it once or twice before. :/
Pepsi
Message 5 of 17 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Nov 29, 2012

SjShane wrote:
I haven't got it yet, I'll probably try going after it later on, but a friend gave me a helpful tip.

If you are good at having to hit lots of buttons at the same time, try to leave the Dragon Sniper enemies alive, then the RPG guys can't spawn until they are dead. You'll have to roll lots, but it's easier than being spammed by five rockets at a time.

Also, always remember to get the PAK-80 before you take Drake to the statue, and pick up the one dropped by the Brute. The Hammer, Dragons, T-Bolt and RPG are also helpful, make sure your team mates have at least one of these.

I have to say though, I was pretty annoyed this trophy wasn't retroactive, I had done it once or twice before. :/

That sounds too good to be true. There must be a catch to it. Unless you can really kill every ground floor enemy before killing the snipers, and then have nothing at all to worry about except the RPG dudes. I don't mean to sound negative here, hell I'd love to try it out. Most of my friends have quit UC3 by now, and I'm usually reluctant to add people, so random is basically the best bet I have.

In this particular scenario, I had the Dragon with 20 shots. I picked up extra ammo when I got down to 10, and got 12 shots from the ammo pickup (which seems to be a random amount between 5 and 15 for the Dragon). 2 of us had army of three, and I used mine after the other guy's had expired.

Pretty much I believe Team Safe is a must have too, so you won't get knocked down by an RPG if it hits close to you.

Message 6 of 17 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

I recently completed this trophy and helped another player that was having tons of trouble getting it done. 

In my experience, you need to be mentally prepared to repeat the end portion several times in a row.  Now, "several times in a row" does not mean you get there once, fail on the first try, then try a few more times ON THE SAME GAME. 

No.  You have to be prepared to redo THE WHOLE thing about 3-4 times in a row so that you have multiple "first try" chances, when the first run fails.  It takes a little while for everyone to understand their roles. 

Make sure AT LEAST two players have Kickback Endurance Gold, and AO3.  A good third kickback for a good sniper is the T-Bolt.  One shot will kill the Armoured RPG if you shoot him in the head/face with the T-Bolt while AO3 is active.  It's great to spawn the T-Bolt over the top of an empty Dragon in order to keep the chance alive.  Don't start the first AO3 until the first armoured RPG dude appears.  Run the second AO3 back to back with the first so that it spans the ENTIRE time that the Armoured RPG guys are out. 

Good luck!  Handle your business! 

Message 7 of 17 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Nov 29, 2012

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

I recently completed this trophy and helped another player that was having tons of trouble getting it done. 

In my experience, you need to be mentally prepared to repeat the end portion several times in a row.  Now, "several times in a row" does not mean you get there once, fail on the first try, then try a few more times ON THE SAME GAME. 

No.  You have to be prepared to redo THE WHOLE thing about 3-4 times in a row so that you have multiple "first try" chances, when the first run fails.  It takes a little while for everyone to understand their roles. 

Make sure AT LEAST two players have Kickback Endurance Gold, and AO3.  A good third kickback for a good sniper is the T-Bolt.  One shot will kill the Armoured RPG if you shoot him in the head/face with the T-Bolt while AO3 is active.  It's great to spawn the T-Bolt over the top of an empty Dragon in order to keep the chance alive.  Don't start the first AO3 until the first armoured RPG dude appears.  Run the second AO3 back to back with the first so that it spans the ENTIRE time that the Armoured RPG guys are out. 

Good luck!  Handle your business! 

Any tips on levelling that up?

Message 8 of 17 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Nov 29, 2012

I dont help people with trophies I have gotten it 8 times one time I was helping a guy get his star and I killed all the rpg guys but one normal rpg guy and my friend killed him and I had team medic so no AO3 this was just luck it was just my day.

I think the best way to do it is 3 guys at the top of the stairs all with AO3 2 good snipers one has the pak 80 to kill the pak guy as soon as you see an armoured rpg use AO3 1 head shot he is dead. At the start the guy that gets the pak 80 go's down to the middle the hammer kills all armoured guys at the start picks up the m9 kills the 2 rpgs on the left runs back up and gets the pak 80 waits for pak guy to come out the 2 snipers take out all the rpgs on the right the rest is up to your quick thinking and such good luck. 

A tip to get more sniper ammo when you first come into the place were you first see Drake the snipers up top have one guy pick up 25 and not use it until you get to the rpgs or you could use it to take out the pak 80 guy in that room if you want and still have 13 more bullets or so.

Message 9 of 17 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Nov 29, 2012

snake134678 wrote:

I dont help people with trophies I have gotten it 8 times one time I was helping a guy get his star and I killed all the rpg guys but one normal rpg guy and my friend killed him and I had team medic so no AO3 this was just luck it was just my day.

I think the best way to do it is 3 guys at the top of the stairs all with AO3 2 good snipers one has the pak 80 to kill the pak guy as soon as you see an armoured rpg use AO3 1 head shot he is dead. At the start the guy that gets the pak 80 go's down to the middle the hammer kills all armoured guys at the start picks up the m9 kills the 2 rpgs on the left runs back up and gets the pak 80 waits for pak guy to come out the 2 snipers take out all the rpgs on the right the rest is up to your quick thinking and such good luck. 

A tip to get more sniper ammo when you first come into the place were you first see Drake the snipers up top have one guy pick up 25 and not use it until you get to the rpgs or you could use it to take out the pak 80 guy in that room if you want and still have 13 more bullets or so.

Question. If you don't help people, why did you even bother clicking on, or replying, to a thread that clearly asks for help?

Message 10 of 17 (338 Views)
0 Likes