Nov 06 2011
By: lve_msg Fender Bender 4357 posts

Options Settings Still Don't Save

20 replies 452 views Edited Nov 6, 2011

I put motion sensor throw, & shoulder switch on, but when I quit the game and come back they are off, so I always have to put them back on, it's annoying...

Message 1 of 21 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

I'd like to add something about the issue as well. On mul...

Nov 6, 2011
I'd like to add something about the issue as well. On multiplayer, under options, I would turn off the Uncharted TV feature off since I don't really want that up every time I launch the game and go to the multiplayer section. However, every time I go there, the Uncharted TV on the bottom right hand corner still appears and I thought the settings would be saved but I guess not. This should be looked into.
Message 2 of 21 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
642 posts

I'm running into the same issue with the settings on mine...

Nov 6, 2011
I'm running into the same issue with the settings on mine. It does not lock in what I set them to. So, when I turn the game on I have to go back in and adjust them again. It's very annoying.

I think it might be doing it on MP for me as well.
Message 3 of 21 (452 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

after 1.02 patch   settings are still not being saved   a...

Nov 30, 2011

after 1.02 patch

settings are still not being saved

audio sliders revert, sensitivity reverts, shoulder swap reverts, and gamma reverts to previous selections.. the thing is, they stuck once and only once.. and when they revert they DONT revert to default settings, they revert back to the values that i set upon FIRST running the game..

silly me, i should have set them the way i wanted the first time :smileywink:

Message 4 of 21 (452 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Voice(TV) Volume Slider...

Nov 30, 2011

I guess I was lucky...after 1.02 (which was a great patch, thanks ND :smileyhappy: ) most of my settings save now, except for the Voice(TV) slider.  I have to go in and turn it down every time I start multiplayer.

Message 5 of 21 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
437 posts

same here, i like to disable aim dot and uncharted TV. Bu...

Nov 30, 2011

same here,

i like to disable aim dot and uncharted TV. But i dont like having to do it each time !

My custom characters reset as well so i dont use them

mwahahahaha!
Message 6 of 21 (452 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

FIXED - options not saving! - FIXED

Dec 3, 2011

i am so freaking tired of this bug/issue, i got to thinking.. took a look in my save data folder, and as suspected there are 2 saves, one for games (which could be multiples if you have multiple save files) and one for profile..

since, evidently the game cant figure out how to write to the profile if it already exists, i just deleted it, then started the game, set my options the way i wanted, then exited the game completly, restarted the game and wouldnt you know it, settings stayed, sensitivity now stays, shoulder swap stays enabled, gamma sticks, audio changes stay!

finally.. wish someone would have mentioned this earlier.. :smileysad:

naughty dog, perms issue on the profile? cant write if it exists? hell, if you have to, every time options are saved, the file gets deleted and rewritten.. should be easy to fix.. *you get that one for free :smileywink:

fyi: deleting the profile data didnt _seem_ to delete any thing but saved options, i did have to accept the license agreement upon starting again for the first time, but loadouts and all that were even saved still...

Message 7 of 21 (452 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1347 posts

I just came here to see if anyone else has this problem a...

Dec 4, 2011

I just came here to see if anyone else has this problem and looks like people do..ND is there anything to do?

It's Apanator, not Apantor. Get it right!
Message 8 of 21 (452 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Which files do you delete? I am having this problem on ev...

Dec 5, 2011

wade001 wrote:

fyi: deleting the profile data didnt _seem_ to delete any thing but saved options, i did have to accept the license agreement upon starting again for the first time, but loadouts and all that were even saved still...

Which files do you delete? I am having this problem on every user on my PS3. Go in MP and change an option to off, and it's back on next time you go in MP.

Message 9 of 21 (452 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

on the PS3, go to GAME, then scroll to Saved Data Utility...

Dec 5, 2011

ChaddingtonB wrote:

Which files do you delete? I am having this problem on every user on my PS3. Go in MP and change an option to off, and it's back on next time you go in MP.

on the PS3, go to GAME, then scroll to Saved Data Utility (PS3), you should see at least two Uncharted 3 entries, once selected they will tell you a little bit about what that file contains.

one (or more) will be for GAME SAVES, do NOT delete this one, once you hover over it, it will say "Game Save 1" or 2, 3 4, etc.. depending on how many games you have saved in SINGLE PLAYER. it will also tell you what level that paticular save is at, how complete your progress is, how long you played and how many treasures you have collected.

the other one, once selected will say "Profile" this is the one you want to delete.

when i deleted this one, the only thing i had to setup again was my options which i had to do every time anyway. i also had to accept the EULA again. Character appearance was the same as before, loadouts were the same, level was the same, medals, completed missions, kickbacks, etc.. all was intact (this is probably stored on ND's servers, not your ps3)

just make sure you delete the one that says "PROFILE" and all your save game data and stuff will stay intact.

Message 10 of 21 (452 Views)
0 Likes