Highlighted
Nov 09 2012
By: rgbyuv First Son 6 posts

Online Pass Code Invalid on a Brand New Disc

6 replies 3108 views Edited Nov 9, 2012
My saga of trying to get this stupid game to work has strained my patience to the breaking point. After exchanging a bad disc due to the Spinning Ring of Death issue, I was unable to Redeem the Online Pass Code for the replacement disc. The replacement was a used copy of the GOTY edition, with a code generated by Game Stop. I had them generate a new code, which was also invalid. They said they'd never encountered such a problem, so I contacted the PSN hotline and was asked to send an email with a JPG scan of my store receipt, which I did. 2-3 days later, I got a no-reply response which said I had failed to provide them with a proof-of-purchase. (They had only asked for the receipt scan, which should be proof enough of my purchase). In frustration with their stupidity and long turnaround times on service, I returned the used disc to Game Stop and bought a new disc of UC3 GOTY edition. I deleted the Game Data from my PS3 again, re-downloaded the updates again, and attempted to redeem my Brand New Online Pass Code AGAIN. And I got the same message AGAIN: "The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid. Please check your entries." I've tried re-entering several times, from within the game, from the XMB, and double-checking my entries. Always the same result. I guess I am about ready to give up on UC3, and the Uncharted franchise, and most likely, all future Naughty Dog titles. Their response to issues being raised here is non-existent, and I don't have time for all of this troubleshooting, which seems to lead only to more problems. Fix your games before charging money for them!
Message 1 of 7 (3,108 Views)
Wastelander
685 posts

Re: Online Pass Code Invalid on a Brand New Disc

Nov 10, 2012

I am having the same issue with the UC3 GOTY online pass that came with my Uncharted 3 GOTY PS3 bundle.  I specifically bought a NEW SYSTEM so my family members could play Uncharted 3 together (without split screen when there are only two of us)  I have not tried all the avenues that rgbyuv did (I just took the new system out of it's box an hour ago) but I'm not encouraged.

Message 2 of 7 (3,095 Views)
Wastelander
685 posts

Nov 10, 2012

UPDATE:  I guess my situation was exceptional.  I already had a copy of Uncharted 3 for which I had activated the online code for my account.  When I set up my new system, I logged in with that same account and the online code for the UC3 GOTY would not work - giving me the generic error about being invalid or entered incorrectly.

SOLUTION (or at least it appears to be resolved):  Logged into Playstation Store and downloaded the online pass (from my original/first copy of the game).  When I next launched UC3, I was able to access multiplayer!

BOTTOM LINE:  Although a bit painful, it's actually a good thing since I didn't have to use/activate the online pass from my second copy of the game.

Message 3 of 7 (3,091 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Bought the game today!!!!

BCUS-99086.

Have and PSN ID US: MussiBR

And I just can't redeem my code, says it's invalid.

PS: It's not a used game, it's the retail game with full price!!!

Someone can please solve my problem?

Message 4 of 7 (2,531 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 17, 2013

Same here.
Brand new copy, from a know retailer in Brazil.

I even got a receipt.
PS doesn't have an exclusive support here and Sony support here sucks,
Already tried a few days ago and they simply remain silent.

Just sent a second email.

I don't want to be forced to download the free to play version, as for what  undestood it's ad supported and doesn't allow for coop missions, not to mention the huge 4.6Gb download.

I paid for the game and I feel I'm being ripped off.

Message 5 of 7 (1,729 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 24, 2015
The playstaion store has free multiplayer online now for free download. The issue may be a difference of first and third party versions not supported by Sony. BCUS is not the same as BLUS. Those with third party versions are simply screwed.
Message 6 of 7 (654 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 24, 2015
Oh, the online only version is only online multiplayer, nothing else works and there is a stupid uncharted Tv ad that pops up during loading, so you cant do anything while its up and in the way. Other than that and the fact only 12 people play online on the entire planet kinds makes it worthless. Sure wish my code inside my purchased game actually worked, but it seems one of those **bleep** code generators used mine before I could. Thanks asswagons! Sony refuses to do anything for anyone about the issue. This was Sony's solution for us being scammed I guess. So thanks Sony, at least you did something, unlike the developers who know the online codes in our games would not work. If you use hacker code generators, remember this: YOU ARE STEALING OTHER PEOPLES CODES!!!! If I find out who used my code, I'm gonna gut you like a fish! Bwagh!!!
Message 7 of 7 (644 Views)
0 Likes