Lombax Warrior
89 posts

Re: Once for all: Are weapons finally balanced?

Sep 7, 2012

I agree with the OP. A VERY large portion of the community has switched to using the M9, which shows a distinct advantage over other weapons. As a G-MAL user, I can still understand the reasons for nerfiing it (the G-MAL), but we need a level playing field. The M9 is way too overpowered, and I get the sense that those who oppose the nerfing of it do so because of it's insane firepower. I believe we need to look at this objectively, and try to understand that the most important fun factor in a multiplayer game is balance.

Message 51 of 57 (211 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1436 posts

Sep 7, 2012

Stock M9 seems to be too godly. It needs a nerf. Just saying.

Message 52 of 57 (205 Views)
Lombax Warrior
89 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 7, 2012

@neverbelow

Glad to hear it's not just me. The community reaction is the biggest trend I've seen in a multiplayer game since Rockstar brought the banhammer down on all the cheaters. ND plugged up one whole in the dam, but another leak has sprung in its place. This gun is used more than any other, and that's no exagaration. I don't disagree with the nerfing of the G-MAL (and for the record, I'm a longtime burst fire fan), but Naughty Dog has only done half the job. They need to level the playing field, because right now the balance of the game is arguably worse, and certainly not better. 

Message 53 of 57 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Sep 7, 2012

iLLUMINAUGHTY101 wrote:

But it is ridiculous the only way to balance this game is nerfing EVERYTHING.
Was M9 overpowered when FAL was 4-shot-kill?

Was M9 overpowered when G-MAL had the airplain's stopping power?
Was M9 overpowered when G-MAL had perfect accuracy?

No.
M9 is discussed now because all those guns are now weaker. Much weaker. M9 has always been a balanced weapon.. until now.

Do you want me to be egoist? Ok then, I'd say "do what you want to the M9, so my AK will be the best" but it's not fair!

And what will be next? "Accuracy mod for the AK will be OP??" You will destroy that too?

Do me a favor: Make every gun shoot flowers and marshmallows instead of bullets!

7462 posts

Sep 7, 2012

Pearl_Blue_Soul wrote:

iLLUMINAUGHTY101 wrote:

But it is ridiculous the only way to balance this game is nerfing EVERYTHING.
Was M9 overpowered when FAL was 4-shot-kill?

Was M9 overpowered when G-MAL had the airplain's stopping power?
Was M9 overpowered when G-MAL had perfect accuracy?

No.
M9 is discussed now because all those guns are now weaker. Much weaker. M9 has always been a balanced weapon.. until now.

Do you want me to be egoist? Ok then, I'd say "do what you want to the M9, so my AK will be the best" but it's not fair!

And what will be next? "Accuracy mod for the AK will be OP??" You will destroy that too?

Do me a favor: Make every gun shoot flowers and marshmallows instead of bullets!

Or we just nerf the blindfire, blindfire, blindfire, blindfire, blindfire, and the ridiculous blindfire.

In an aimed gunfight I feel all the guns are more balanced than they've ever been (sans RoF M9) but the blindfire in this game ruins gunfights left and right. If we fix blindfire gunfights will improve dramatically.

While the GMAL nerf wasn't the best one for the gun and I don't agree with it, the gun is still powerful and because it's still got high bullet damage it can be very powerful close range. Recently for death match gametypes I've been using the GMAL and I can do some serious damage. In terms of how it should work it really does feel broken but only because I can easily get fast kills close up but then the hit detection on longer ranges seems completely screwed up, especially when I get twice as many hitmarkers as I need to on opponents before they die.

Message 55 of 57 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4758 posts

Sep 7, 2012

To everyone who is now ridiculously saying that the M9 (without RoF) is overpowered, please go and play with the cars on the motorway.

Message 56 of 57 (145 Views)
Wastelander
729 posts

Sep 7, 2012

WHAT? THE BASE M9 IS OVERPOWERED? REALLY?

I really dont understand really? Will this ever end?

The only problems right now are the Rof mods and the blidfire/hipfire accuracy and thats it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 57 of 57 (127 Views)