Survivor
2480 posts

Re: Once for all: Are weapons finally balanced?

Sep 4, 2012

Actually I think the weapon balance and weapon variety is perfect now

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 31 of 57 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3928 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

After having played 1.14 for the past week, here are my thoughts.

The game has devolved into a far more close-quarters oriented field. I think the whole punch-roll dynamic has really changed how people play in close-combat. You have a far greater chance of survival in CQC if you are half-decent, and it's really changed the game dynamic and peoples playstyles. This isn't limited to 1.14, though, but it's new to me, nonetheless.

The game as a whole feels like it's divulged into the blindfire madness it was in it's beginning stages, which I don't know if I'm happy to see.

I'll got through my thoughts of the individual weapons.

LONG GUNS:

M9 - It is as it always was. It's fairly balanced, I would say. The ROF could be argued against, but to me, the recoil is too much and feels just like another mod. I haven't used this a huge deal, so I can't comment in-depth.

AK-47 - I really found this gun to shine lately. It feels much more competitive and capable now, probably due to the playerbase changing from the G-Mal to the M9 largely. The AK-47 very balanced. It has clear advantages and also clear disadvantages.

G-Mal - It is a step in the right direction. It's far more limited in close-range combat, which was desperately needed, and it excels mid-range now. It is far from useless, though. In the hands of a capable player it is still just as deadly. It's very long range accuracy is a little terrible, though, and even though it is superior to the fully-automatic weapons in that range, it is not by much, at times. In the mid-ranges it seems somewhat challenged by the automatic weapons, too.

In the hands of a capable player, great; otherwise, I can see why many gave it up.

Dragon - I've always thought this gun was the most superior. If you have the skill with weapon, and the right playstyle, I don't think you can much the sheer 1 v 1 potential of the Dragon. The defining thing about it, though, is that it is hard to use well, efficiently, and most of all, consistently. When I am against others using it, generally it is through luck if they can get a kill against another competent Dragon user.

I personally think this feels overpowered in the hands of a good-player, but it's sporadic use leads me to think that it is fairly good currently.

FAL - With the new legacies, not many people have access to this weapon. Even then, I rarely see it, and it feels like a return to release date again.

SIDEARMS:

Para - Great Weapon. By the far the most versatile side-arm, whilst it lacks in sheer killing speed when compared to the micro, it can kill at ranges equaling the G-Mal.

Micro - This is very powerful at close-range, almost too powerful. It can kill just as fast as the automatic long guns with good accuracy. The accuracy, though, is the defining point of this gun. It's not too great. That and it's dreadfulness at long-range has lead me to think of it as being inferior to the Para. Blindfiring they are on equal terms in my book, with the inclusion of the Punch-Roll mechanic.

Raffica - No Comment. I've always thought this was sub-par to all the other side-arms, especially it's single-shot rival, the Para.

Tau - The increased ammo size is a godsend. It is quite usable and is certainly a formidable and able long-range choice. Granted, it won't match up in a 1 v 1, but if using it in the right circumstances, it fulfills the long-range purpose well.

I think the guns are fairly balanced, they definitely all have uses (besides the raffica, honestly.) The G-Mal is not useless, the Dragon (as not used as it is) is perhaps too good, and the M9 is really widespread. My main gripe is with the way the game has divulged into a blindfiring/punching game. But, that's coming from someone who far prefers aiming from 5 metres (or, at least used to.)

Message 32 of 57 (232 Views)
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Sep 4, 2012

For the most part yes, but the AK and the Raffica could be buffed up a bit.

Message 33 of 57 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
729 posts

Sep 4, 2012
Aside for the ROF mods, the game is balanced now.
Sure the Gmal got the wrong nerf but its still a very good weapon.

Only ROF mods and blindfire/hipfire accuracy are the problem.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 34 of 57 (203 Views)
Sackboy
476 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Watanabe_ugo wrote:
Aside for the ROF mods, the game is balanced now.
Sure the Gmal got the wrong nerf but its still a very good weapon.

Only ROF mods and blindfire/hipfire accuracy are the problem.
Am I the only one who does not find problem beating ROF users now? Right now I feel there barely is any difference between m9 and m9 ROF. Agreed with everything else
Message 35 of 57 (201 Views)
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Sep 4, 2012

weapons balance is fine, it really is.

Hipfire is not fine. It is terrible, and ruins the game. Because of things like lag (unavoidable, i know), sprint, and OP mele, hipfire turns from a sometimes necessary CQC game mechanic into a hilariously deadly strategy. I hate it, personally

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 36 of 57 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
684 posts

Sep 4, 2012

give the AK a ROF mod

See you in Uncharted 4!
Message 37 of 57 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

Sep 4, 2012
Take back the G-MAL nerf and add an extra bullet to kill, then decrease blindfire on the M9 and the Para 9 a little bit more.
tlousig2
Message 38 of 57 (177 Views)
Splicer
90 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

In my opinion:

• M9: Feels balanced, I disagree with the people that are saying that the rate of fire mod is overpowered. I find it perfectly balanced after the patch

• AK-47: Balanced. While I think it needs a blindfire accuracy increase but it's good in the right hands.

• G-MAL: I find it good. I have never used it a lot but after I picked it up abit I find it a step to the right direction.

• KAL-7: Ok this gun needs a complete overhaul , recoil decrease to how the AK-47 was before it got all the recoil buffs and the blindfire decreased by a lot it needs to be somewhere between the  Para 9 and the Micro so it can be a good close to mid range gun. And if it gets this overhaul it also needs its damage increased to nine shots to kill. Ten shots are fine for a steel fist gun but not for an aimable gun.

• Tau Sniper: I seriously have not used it as much to have an opinion on it. I'll try a bit and I'll edit this post.

• Raffica: Oh my god seriously, this gun can not be more useless it needs to get the 7 shots to kill not 8! It's completely ridiculous.

• FAL: Also another balanced gun (in my opinion).

• Dragon Sniper: Very deadly at the right hands. But I still think it needs the same aim assist and recoil as the beta.

• Micro: A good close range gun (As it should be). Oh and it's rate of fire mod is perfectly fine.

• Para 9: The jamming needs to go it's so annoying. Its blindfire is seriously fine.

That's it. Thanks for reading. Smiley Happy

Message 39 of 57 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
403 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Imo they are balanced and killing is fair enough. Before with all the gmal so called pros getting easy kills the game was annoying to those that  didnt use the gmail. At least now as much as ppl complain that their is rof m9's those ppl dont have that much of an upper hand as the ppl that were abusing gmal. By the way i still run into Gmalers and Fal that do good in a game and own me at times. I also play with and without ROF attached to M9 and do good or deccent both ways.

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - kenjovani
Message 40 of 57 (154 Views)
0 Likes