Highlighted
Sep 03 2012
By: Pearl_Blue_Soul Hekseville Citizen 330 posts
Accepted Solution

Once for all: Are weapons finally balanced?

56 replies 754 views Edited Sep 3, 2012

I would want to ask the community: Are weapons finally balanced for you?
The fact is that people divide into 2 opposite points of view: Someone have always asked ND to stop nerfing guns since the first patches and someone is still asking to change them.

From the last November, most of the guns has been heavily nerfed. And except for the AK, ONLY nerfed. ND didn't try to improve some specs of a weapon to balance the gameplay, they only nerfed the most complained weapon patch after patch.. but it's not ND's fault. It's our fault. All we did was begging them to nerf this one and that one... But in the end, nerfing everything actually improved the Multiplayer balance, even if this wasn't the best way to do it. The best way to do it would have been "modify" weapons instead of "nerfing" them: What do I mean?

Actually, some forumers HAD interesting ideas: I've read many of them but they didn't find support: A lot of people noticed that some weapons were not as they were "meant" to be. For example, FAL-SS is meant to be a mid-long range gun, right? But it's not. High Rate of Fire and fierce recoil are not proper for a mid-long range weapon. Actually, it's an unrealistic gun as it is in the game. It's like a crazy bullet spammer.. such thing doesn't exist in real life. Someone tried to suggest a Rate of Fire AND recoil decrease, someone a damage and recoil decrease, etc.. the final result is a powerful but NOT reliable gun (not to talk about Jamming!). It's unpredictable. You can either get a kill in a split second or be totally owned because of a wrong behaviour of the gun.
And what about the G-MAL? By now, it feels... similar. The last nerf didn't weaken this weapon: It made it unreliable. It can still be a wonderful weapon, but you know it's gonna bounce in a totally unpredictable way. Personally, I think the MOST important feature in a gun is reliability. Because I know I'm a good player and I know I can trust my aim... so I can't be betrayed by the gun I'm using. 1.13 made the G-MAL a non-viable choice for me. I would prefer a REALLY weaker G-MAL, a 7-shots-kill weapon, but without recoil, such as UC2's FAL recoil. Many players seem to agree with me about the current G-MAL.. many of them left that weapon. And, in the end, this brings a really positive result, and a negative one.

The positive result is that the overuse of the G-MAL turned Uncharted 3 MP in a position war. After many months, this game is finally free from this and, in my opinion, it has never been so enjoying. People feel free to come out with an automatic gun, when previously there were 3-4 G-MAL users behind the corner waitnig for them to go in the open area... you know what I mean, right? Team-Objective and Plunder are much, much better now; gunfights are closer and full of action and adrenaline. Less people actually camping outside the objective / nearby the idol... And FFA has improved too. I play a lot of FFA, and it is much better now. Less shadows in the background fleet-footing behind a cover with a G-MAL ruining your streak..
Instead, the negative result is that the whole long-distance fight system has been compromised. The G-MAL was the most used weapon for this kind of gunfights and now it feels odd, unreliable, uncomfortable to many players. This is a problem.

Well, regardless of the overpowered guns patch after patch, the favorite weapon of the Uncharted 3 Community has always been the M9. Of course, it's versatile, good for hipfire, etc... but what it makes it so liked it's that is the most succedeed gun for this game. It feels "comfortable". Anyone can try it and the 90% of them will find it ideal. ND really guessed the right feeling to give this gun.
But if it has always been "overused". now it completely dominates the Multiplayer.
Personally, it doesn't really bother me. But I'd like to see more.. variety. At least more AK users. Even if AK was buffed, it is still overshadowed by the M9... the majority of the players think that it is still the "underdog" of the weapons. Some think that it is actually "equal" to the M9 and almost no one believes it is better than the M9.
So, this time, why don't we try something different INSTEAD OF NERFING THE M9? The basic version (no Rate of Fire mod) of the M9 is a balanced and enjoyable gun and I don't wanna see it nerfed (well, hipfire accuracy has already been reduced, but it was a micro-nerf and I think it was a good idea). Improving AK's blindfire accuracy of 10%? Trying a different feel for the FAL? For the G-MAL? I don't know, but "this game" (we? the developers?) should definitely PROMOTE an equal use of ALL the guns.

In the end, if I got to look at the Multiplayer as it is righ now, without thinking that some guns need to be "different", I think it's quite balanced, except for 2 things:

1) Some pistols are useless. Well, TAU has been buffed... well... I guess. But Raffica needs to be 7-shots-kill. I want to use a Raffica pistol in a real match!

2) You know. It's not really nerfed. Come on, let's be serious...
Rate of Fire mod for M9 is what REALLY makes this game unbalanced. And if the only way to "solve" things is to nerf, well then just one more (and ONLY one). We need it nerfed it for real. Or removed. Or replaced. Anything. Just do it.

So, what do YOU think?

148 posts

Re: Once for all: Are weapons finally balanced?

Sep 3, 2012

I don't mind the M9 ROF but if it is removed then it should at least be replaced with an Accuracy mod.

Message 2 of 57 (747 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Sep 3, 2012

No offense, but I title skimmed.

I think there are some weapons that can use a buff (Raffica and TAU). But other thant that, I think it's balanced!

Message 3 of 57 (734 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Sep 3, 2012

You kidding right? This game has turned into a M9 fest after the several G-Mal nerfs (and the first FAL nerf as well)... 95% of my friends who used to play with G-Mal turned into M9 users, does ND tracks that?

Let me guess, by sayiing that all weapons are balanced you are a M9 user, right? And you probably use a custom M9 without ROF... Yes, by your Stats we can tell that, is the weapon you most use.

Message 4 of 57 (728 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

Sep 3, 2012
No

The gmal is nerfed beyond any usefulness at all meaning the game is now a blindfire fest with the rof m9.

We are back in the days of "don't fu..ing aim!!!!"
Message 5 of 57 (727 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Sep 3, 2012

RodrigoUFC wrote:

You kidding right? This game has turned into a M9 fest after the several G-Mal nerfs (and the first FAL nerf as well)... 95% of my friends who used to play with G-Mal turned into M9 users, does ND tracks that?

Let me guess, by sayiing that all weapons are balanced you are a M9 user, right? And you probably use a custom M9 without ROF... Yes, by your Stats we can tell that, is the weapon you most use.

I hope that this answers is not meant for me, lol. Isn't explicit enough from my post that I HATE (HATE,HATE,HATE!!!) M9 ROF?
lol.
I'm a AK user, by the way. I use M9 much too, but I don't even use ROF in Co-op!

And I'm asking you what do you think. I said I don't think weapons are how they should.

0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6813 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2012

Nope. For starters blindfire is still a huge problem and seriously needs to be fixed. Blindfire needs to not have stopping power, in addition to blindfire needs a large lock on reduction. On top of blindfire:

• AK: Balanced.
  • M9: RoF is still a problem.
  • GMAL: It's better now, but I'd rather have it's accuracy be returned and it become a 7 shot kill.
  • FAL: Good the way it is, although it would be better if jamming were removed. It's an unneccesary disadvantage to a semi-auto.
  • Kal: Needs some stopping power, as I say above though, stopping power should only be for aiming. RoF mod is also a problem and needs to go, the only reason why you don't see it is because anyone who would use Kal w/ RoF is using M9 w/ RoF. They could lower the blindfire accuracy on the Kal along with everything else and give it a slight damage buff of 1 bullet less to kill.
  • Dragon: Needs it's aim assist removed so it doesn't get in the way.
  • Para: Jamming needs to go.
  • Micro: RoF mod should be removed and it should get a slight RoF buff.
  • Raffica: should become a 7 bullet kill, essentially the AK's bullet damage, rather than the M9's bullet damage that it has right now.
  • Tau: Needs to have RoF mod switched with Scope Zoom mod, and needs to be able to hit enemies in cover.

And that about covers the loadout weapons. Blindfire really is the biggest issue that ruins gunplay in the game right now.

Message 7 of 57 (713 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Sep 3, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Nope. For starters blindfire is still a huge problem and seriously needs to be fixed. Blindfire needs to not have stopping power, in addition to blindfire needs a large lock on reduction. On top of blindfire:

• AK: Balanced.
  • M9: RoF is still a problem.
  • GMAL: It's better now, but I'd rather have it's accuracy be returned and it become a 7 shot kill.
  • FAL: Good the way it is, although it would be better if jamming were removed. It's an unneccesary disadvantage to a semi-auto.
  • Kal: Needs some stopping power, as I say above though, stopping power should only be for aiming. RoF mod is also a problem and needs to go, the only reason why you don't see it is because anyone who would use Kal w/ RoF is using M9 w/ RoF. They could lower the blindfire accuracy on the Kal along with everything else and give it a slight damage buff of 1 bullet less to kill.
  • Dragon: Needs it's aim assist removed so it doesn't get in the way.
  • Para: Jamming needs to go.
  • Micro: RoF mod should be removed and it should get a slight RoF buff.
  • Raffica: should become a 7 bullet kill, essentially the AK's bullet damage, rather than the M9's bullet damage that it has right now.
  • Tau: Needs to have RoF mod switched with Scope Zoom mod, and needs to be able to hit enemies in cover.

And that about covers the loadout weapons. Blindfire really is the biggest issue that ruins gunplay in the game right now.

I like your point of view. I agree on almost everything.
Thanks for your input!

0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Sep 3, 2012

I can understand the G-mal nerf. However, I cannot understand why the recoil has to go up and to the left or right. Straight up is how a gun recoils. It is not the recoil at all but more the inconsistent behavior of the reticule.

The reality is that most vocal group opposing semi- automatic guns hate to be killed by them. It is now just a run and gun. L1 is king! Who needs to aim anymore.  Using cover? What is that?

This is how the majority on this forum wanted it and their wish has been granted. 

Message 9 of 57 (677 Views)
Sackboy
419 posts

Sep 3, 2012

monkeybutler100 wrote:
No

The gmal is nerfed beyond any usefulness at all meaning the game is now a blindfire fest with the rof m9.

We are back in the days of "don't fu..ing aim!!!!"

Lolno. Been using the Gold G-MAL with Reload Speed (Yes, not Accuracy) and have been doing perfectly fine with it. It's up to you to get used to the recoil and adapt (Like most current G-MAL users), or throw away the gun and stop using it.

Message 10 of 57 (672 Views)
0 Likes