Apr 16 2012
By: Lazyboy256 Wastelander 690 posts

Old Quarter Spawns

10 replies 14 views Edited Apr 16, 2012

Does anyone else feel that the spawns in the Old Quarter....suck? In all of the other maps of the new map pack, I don't find spawning to be in issue. But in the Old Quarter, it seems like we're all spawning all over the darn place. It seems like it's really easy to run into the same person that killed you (or you killed) in the timespan it takes to spawn again.

It's probably because it's one of the smallest (if not the smallest map in all of Uncharted) maps, but dang, this reminds me of when 1.05 came out in U2 and people kept spawning together or in front of one another! It's not AS rediculous as those days though.

Thoughts? You can offer your feedback on the other maps too. London Streets and Graveyard seem fine to me as far as U3 standards go. Oasis could be debatable...it's REALLY easy to get into a gunfight but I don't find the spawning there that bad.

Message 1 of 11 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: Old Quarter Spawns

Apr 16, 2012

it´s not just the spawns, the whole map sucks(plunder chest for villains is ridiculous), definitely the worst in the new map pack

Message 2 of 11 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Apr 16, 2012

in FFA you can spawn right behind someone that just spawned

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 3 of 11 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

Apr 16, 2012

I haven't noticed spawn problems for OQ, which makes me happy because its a fantastic map (with bad plunder chests) I had a horrible spawn on London Streets a couple games ago though, I spawned right in front of 3 people aiming directly at me lol.

tlousig2
Message 4 of 11 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1685 posts

Apr 16, 2012

London Streets' spawns are way worse. A few days ago I was playing friendly 5v5's with different clans just to get to know the new maps better. On London Streets someone killed me, and I respawned right in front of someone with a Riot Shield and died. Then I respawned again, and got stealth killed almost immediatly after I spawned. Then I spawned again and got G-MAL'd in the back with 2 fast busts, and then I finally spawned one last time in the bar and got triple teamed by people camping in the MAG-5 room right when I spawned.

After that I had enough and just quit. They were asking why I raged-quit.. THEY SPAWN KILLED ME 4-5 TIMES.. IN A ROW!!/

..Going back on topic about Old Quarter spawns.. I haven't had any issues with spawns on any of the other maps. Also at the person above who said Old Quarter sucks: WHAT'U TALKIN ABOUT. I dunno about Plunder, who the hell plays that gamemode if you're not kill-farming, but for TDM it's the best map so far in Uncharted 3 -,-

Message 5 of 11 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Apr 16, 2012

@m3lladox

Yeah, I've seen the topic about the Plunder chest in the map. Real shame for the team that has that crappy disadvantage.

@iceyfire

It's been a long time since I played FFA, but I do remember the spawns SUCK no matter what map you're playing. I imagine it's hard to code a spawn system when there's a ton of people running around the map. Personally I think FFA should only have like 5 or 6 people at the most to cut down on the spawning issues.

@Fakehound

Wow, good thing you've had a great experience with OQ. I really like the map, but have had lemons handed to me. How did the game think it was a good idea to spawn you like that on LS? >_>

@scoobycool

5 TIMES?!? I've never heard of anyone getting that amount of crap luck! I never quit a game unless the game glitched up or real life calls, but man I'd be wanting to quit so bad after spawning like that. Never had more than like 2 to 3 bad spawns at best. Maybe we should also look at the spawns on that map as well.

Oh, and watch out for scootgar. He won't like your comment about Plunder

Message 6 of 11 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6647 posts

Apr 16, 2012

I spawned off the map once and managed to be close enough to grab an edge and survive. I also spawned in a wall and had suicide. That's my experience on the map but all other spawns there have been fine for me.

Free For All spawns are bad on every small map. Just too many people spaced out too much.

Message 7 of 11 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Apr 16, 2012

scoobycool wrote:

I dunno about Plunder, who the hell plays that gamemode if you're not kill-farming

Blasphemy!!!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 8 of 11 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Apr 16, 2012

I find the whole game's spawns to be terrible.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 9 of 11 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
269 posts

Apr 16, 2012

They are not good bro lol

Message 10 of 11 (14 Views)
0 Likes