[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

Despur4do wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

No never played it.

I play BF3 and Cod as my FPS games.

But on U3 forum you cant mention that you play other shooters or your opinion is invalid, no matter how many 1000's of hours you have into the Uncharted series. In my leisure time I play other games as well.

Cod has Massive bullet tracking.

I don't like it because of that. I can be way off with my reticule and still get hit markers all the way till his death.

I like the "you have to be on target" feel of BF3. It is nearly identical to the aiming feel of Uncharted 2.

I use the AS-VAL with is one of the hardest guns in the game to manage because of recoil, spread  and clip size.

I'm 15th in the world with it.

I burst fire it in almost every scenario, nearly like I did using rapid hands and a ak on U2.- when aiming was the choice for 90% of any encounter.

I'm not afraid to say that I like other games and say that hey other games have this or that down better.

I'm not afraid to say that Uncharted tries to make things to easy and I'm not afraid to say that Uncharted is headed into a more centered around kids type game.

I have heard the same statements out of the mouths of some players that some of you hold so dear.

I wont name them but they know who they are.

I'm not afraid to commit uncharted forum suicide by saying the things I say.

I often find I'm arguing with people that play nothing else.

i played battlefield a few times and used an m4 w/heavy barrel and a x4 scope and tried to camp and hit people far away, i couldnt kill crap, lol.

Change it to burst fire and see the difference.

whats an AS VAL? that looks like a sub machine gun

Its a pdw (personal defense weapon) suppose to be used for closer range confrontations.

Problem is its the worst for them and is out classed by all other pdw's.

But after time spent with it I realized it while bursting short bursts similar to how you would handle the old ak from U2, at medium and very long range distances it is extremely accurate.

It is by far not a hold the R1 button down get easy kill type gun. It requires a lot of finesse.

Proof of its power http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/77171462/4/

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 81 of 394 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7042 posts

Re: Okay so don't know how to put this.

Jan 12, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Cover is broken in U3 because of how slow it is to get into it. If they speed it up this would make cover way more useful. Despite how high the health is most people die even if they try to get into cover they moment they start getting hit because it's so slow.

No, that's lag.

Play a lag-free match (kinda rare these days) and you'll see no one will be able to kill you behind walls/cover.

That's not what I'm referring to though. Put on Monkey Man gold and go into cover and you'll see what I mean. It makes cover actually feel like a good thing to go into. Then take it off and go into cover and you can easily tell how clumsy and slow it is by default.

Message 82 of 394 (250 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 12, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Cover is broken in U3 because of how slow it is to get into it. If they speed it up this would make cover way more useful. Despite how high the health is most people die even if they try to get into cover they moment they start getting hit because it's so slow.

No, that's lag.

Play a lag-free match (kinda rare these days) and you'll see no one will be able to kill you behind walls/cover.

That's not what I'm referring to though. Put on Monkey Man gold and go into cover and you'll see what I mean. It makes cover actually feel like a good thing to go into. Then take it off and go into cover and you can easily tell how clumsy and slow it is by default.

I usually die behind walls/cover because of lag (aka "curving bullets").

Anyway, that's the purpose of Monkey Man. To increase climbing/cover transition speed. Do you want to make that booster redundant?

It reminds me of people saying that FF should be ditched and instead everyone should have faster strafing.

Then why don't we abolish the booster system altogether and give everyone the same "perks"?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 83 of 394 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7042 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

No, that's lag.

I usually die behind walls/cover because of lag (aka "curving bullets").

Anyway, that's the purpose of Monkey Man. To increase climbing/cover transition speed. Do you want to make that booster redundant?

It reminds me of people saying that FF should be ditched and instead everyone should have faster strafing.

Then why don't we abolish the booster system altogether and give everyone the same "perks"?

The current going into cover speed makes cover pretty useless unless you get in when you aren't in any danger. I'd like an increase to the default going into cover speed but also for Monkey Man to get an equivalent boost. My intent is not to level the playing field by removing booster advantages (except with FF because of the way aim assist and sensitivity come into play, but I like the current strafe speed as faster speeds further make cover useless) but rather just make a mechanic actually useful in the first place.

Message 84 of 394 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Jan 12, 2013
Lag ruins everyone's idea. -.-
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jan 12, 2013
How would making cover transitions faster promote gunfights? If anything it'd just make people more prone to run and take cover constantly. If monkey man got a boost on top of that then that'd be by far the most annoying booster for any enemy to have. Add fleet foot with that and it'd be hell on certain maps.
Message 86 of 394 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

@ never they same way it did in UC2. i dont think monkey man would need a buff also - the reason monkey-man isnt living up to its full potential is the fact that there are no leg hitboxes and lag.
monkey-man shouldnt have anything to do with cover - its a booster for climbing alone - having a booster for cover is like having a booster for better aim (DTI).
cover used to be one of the biggest parts of uncharted - it is a coverbases shooter after all - cover should be the same for everyone same as bullet spread should be the same for everyone.

if ND just decreased the M9 (needs to be at least as low as the AK due to its faster ROF) and also the para9 blindfire accuracy it would slove the vast!!!!!! majority of the problem.

decreasing the recoil on the FAL (needs to be > 50% reduction) would also help.

the Micro and Raffia should get a damage buff and imo the AK should also.

Message 87 of 394 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 12, 2013

DTI helps your aim? Seriously?

Is there anything that you don't complain about?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 88 of 394 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 12, 2013
yes it does - fact - if two players both having the same quality aim, one with DTI and the other without it, enter a shootoff - say they are at anywhere greater than 20m apart - vast majority of the time the guy the guy with DTI wins - it reduces spread and thus time to kill at greater ranges - FACT - it was nerfed some though - its not too bad now.

wat do you do all day every day that ur always here ??
Message 89 of 394 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

Blennerville wrote:
yes it does - fact - if two players both having the same quality aim, one with DTI and the other without it, enter a shootoff - say they are at anywhere greater than 20m apart - vast majority of the time the guy the guy with DTI wins - it reduces spread and thus time to kill at greater ranges - FACT -

So, it works exactly like it should. That's what boosters do. Nothing wrong with that.

Stop crying about DTI. It doesn't even help your aim in the first place. You have to be MORE accurate to use it properly.

Don't like it? Go play another game without "perks".

Message 90 of 394 (179 Views)
0 Likes