Treasure Hunter
4896 posts

Re: Okay so don't know how to put this.

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

Uncharted is a third-person shooter that is suppose to integrate platforming elements as well. Without those platforming elements you may as well just make it a boring old shooter.

In UC2 1.05 it turned it into a stereotypical third-person shooter as the climbing mechanics were almost impossible to use due to people quickly killing you.

I don't want health nerfed or even suggested. ND would screw it up as they did with the G-MAL and UC2's 1.05. Instead of suggesting farfetched ideas such as doing another 1.05 why not just suggest "nerf blindfire" or "buff the G-MAL" or heck even "improve the cover system". It's really silly to fix a pipe by hitting it with a rubber duck.

Message 31 of 394 (299 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Jan 11, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

News Flash: U2 and U3 have the same health. There are just more ways to kill slower in U3.

Less health doesn't promote gunfights, more health does. Otherwise it's just: Shoot. Kill.

If you want gunfights to actually exist then endorse weaker blindfire accuracy, 3 hit melees, the removal of whack and roll, less power weapons on maps, less ammo for some power weapons, medal increases for some kickbacks, and the removal of Fleet Foot. I'm sure someone will chastise me for saying remove Fleet Foot but the simple fact is that it would turn into U2 where you have the people with FF and everyone else, much like Classic mode right now. For gunfights to exist they can't be so skewed by faster strafing from FF when the game has this much aim assist and limited sensitivity options.

Read further into what I said.

I'm talking about lowering the health by making all guns while aiming fire more accurate.

I read that but I feel that isn't the issue. Gun accuracy being lower lengthens gunfights making them more fun. The problem right now is that it's so easy to play whole matches without having to aim a normal gun more than twice, if at all. If you increased gun accuracy you would just have people working even harder at using these fast killing methods because the people they are going against have more accurate weapons by default. The key is to make these things that cause people to just get quick kills rather than have a gun fight less common. We need to cut people off from the things they can abuse so that they are forced to use normal guns more than things that kill instantly, rather than power weapons/kickbacks/wack&roll/steelfist giving tons of instant kills.

This would invariabley lead to more actual shootouts. The other fixes I mentioned were there to then make the gunfights actually more fun by making cover more useful and removing FF which has always skewed straight up gunfights in the favor of people who use it thus ruining them when they do happen.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

Message 32 of 394 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2941 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

I agree with what your saying in a way as well.

If you watch that video you'll also see the speed in which the players take cover.

Also you'll see the speed in which the players can change direction.

Thats something that is also missing.

For me, same health+ faster cover and climbing+ more accurate (less recoil) guns play = exceptional gun fights.

It even feels on U2 that normal straffing with out fleet foot equiped is twice as fast as U3 straffing speed.

All movement does seem hindered in comparison as well.

Life is too short to remove usb safely.
(un)moderated
I bought hardline, forgive me.
Message 33 of 394 (282 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Jan 11, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

If you watch that video you'll also see the speed in which the players take cover.

For me, same health+ faster cover and climbing+ more accurate (less recoil) guns play = exceptional gun fights.

Unfortunately that wouldn't solve the biggest problem in my eyes, which is that their are a million and one ways to kill much faster that are able to be used almost constantly throughout a match. Even if you can go into cover faster, climb faster, and have a more accurate gun to spawn with, you won't be spared from the enemy team on Chateau using the Hammer, RPG, MAG 5, tons of blindfire, wack&roll, and all their kickbacks anymore than you are now.

I agree that if the above was taken care of made less frequent, your changes would have a positive effect on gunfights (except gun accuracy, I like how it is).

Also climbing speed isn't the main issue against climbing, but the constant getting stuck or randomly jumping off backwards for no apparent reason, although a slight increase in default speed wouldn't hurt as long as Monkey Man was increased accordingly.

Message 34 of 394 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2941 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Unfortunately that wouldn't solve the biggest problem in my eyes, which is that their are a million and one ways to kill much faster that are able to be used almost constantly throughout a match. Even if you can go into cover faster, climb faster, and have a more accurate gun to spawn with, you won't be spared from the enemy team on Chateau using the Hammer, RPG, MAG 5, tons of blindfire, wack&roll, and all their kickbacks anymore than you are now.

I agree that if the above was taken care of made less frequent, your changes would have a positive effect on gunfights (except gun accuracy, I like how it is).

Also climbing speed isn't the main issue against climbing, but the constant getting stuck or randomly jumping off backwards for no apparent reason, although a slight increase in default speed wouldn't hurt as long as Monkey Man was increased accordingly.

Well thats a combinations of having kickbacks and power weapons in play at the same time.

I don't fully understand why they are there both at the same time. I never did, I dont get the point of having high health but making power weapons and kick backs so frequent in the match.

So do you really feel like you have high health?

Nope that's like I said because every ones using the easy kill method instead of using a gun to aim.

On that note it wouldn't hurt to have an no kickback lab. I don't believe we had one yet.

Oh I too know what its like to do pull ups on a ledge that any other time is easily climbable can be irritating.

Or rolling when your tying to take cover, vise verse.

(un)moderated
Message 35 of 394 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Jan 11, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Nope that's like I said because every ones using the easy kill method instead of using a gun to aim.

The thing is you're saying have more gun accuracy, as if people will then just aim their guns more. Do you really think that if they increased the default accuracy for guns that people would ignore the tons of ways that they can still kill faster and easier with? I don't see a future where people won't blindfire melee over to a power weapon, then another, get their kickback, and then repeat for a whole match unless we remove that possibility from the game.

Message 36 of 394 (259 Views)
Fender Bender
2941 posts

Jan 11, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

The thing is you're saying have more gun accuracy, as if people will then just aim their guns more. Do you really think that if they increased the default accuracy for guns that people would ignore the tons of ways that they can still kill faster and easier with? I don't see a future where people won't blindfire melee over to a power weapon, then another, get their kickback, and then repeat for a whole match unless we remove that possibility from the game.

This is uncharted man. All you need is B2K to make a video on how aiming is now more accurate and everyone will be doing it.

Power weapons don't bother me, I just dont really like both kb's and pw's at the same time.

But as of now you can shoot all day long at some one long distance burst firing like you should and never kill them at a t-bolt sniper range.

That is plain out stupid to me.

(un)moderated
Message 37 of 394 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Jan 11, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

This is uncharted man. All you need is B2K to make a video on how aiming is now more accurate and everyone will be doing it.

Power weapons don't bother me, I just dont really like both kb's and pw's at the same time.

But as of now you can shoot all day long at some one long distance burst firing like you should and never kill them at a t-bolt sniper range.

That is plain out stupid to me.

But B2K wouldn't because kickback spamming is way more effective Smiley Wink

And also burst firing is pretty pointless in my oppinion. Just aim and stay on target because unless you're single shotting you don't get any real accuracy benefit. If I'm too far with an automatic I'll swap to my sidearm because pistols don't have any permanent recoil movement, meaning that when they raise up your reticle it will automatically recenter leaving less room for human error long range.

Message 38 of 394 (244 Views)
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

The Health is fine, ever was & ever will be.

U know, since the G-mal was nerfed into crap; that gun needed a little nerf ofc, but oh well nerf aiming like that on a gun that has literally NO OTHER upside then gooing ADS (Aiming Down Sights -> sum ppl should try here & there tbh) just doesnt make sense 2 me.

U know back then ppl aimed the gun in plunder/Tdm 2 get kills = noobs get what they deserve (OBJ was always a blindfire-fest on the majority of the maps tbh, correct me if im wrong)

But now even TDM  turns into a "headless chicken chasing people holding down that 1 button & smash square here & there bs" 95% of the time

except if u vote 4 maps like Plaza, Train Wreck..

Where is your variety now? M9 is BY FAR the most used gun across ALL MODES

Why u think London Underground gets voted 24/7? because its a balanced map? xDDDD

People rely on blindfire soo much that they scared 2 get rid of it? CMON

Cant even remember the last time i saw some1 using a FAL-SS

The IRONIC part is; back then, when people had 2 aim 2 get a kill, scrubs spammed the forum till they got what they wanted.

Logic?

btw ND should start selling custom controllers without L1 Button, most likely give us the chance 2 hold the pistol in the other hand so we can blindfire both guns, that would be great and give ND moar Money 

Message 39 of 394 (235 Views)
I Only Post Everything
970 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Same old storys as always.

Why no real gunfights.

1) OP Blindfire range&accuracy

Second place...

2) OP Sprint, not U3s broken cover and shooting mechanic, thats another story.

3) Brainless COD map design..literally every U3 map.

4) Jade&Marlows Para and every BF mod

Health is NOT the problem and a fixed Gmal would NOT solve the problem.

You want a nice round up game, see my sig and learn

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Message 40 of 394 (199 Views)
0 Likes