Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Re: Okay so don't know how to put this.

Jan 11, 2013

Also in that video look at how the gun fights made those players use cover more.

They were constantly using it.

Now in U3 why use it? I'll just zig zag at you while hip firing.

More accurate aiming makes the use of cover more essential.

Tell me I'm wrong.

This one thing really has made some of the biggest aspects of this game disappear.

I have been searching other games to find that kind of game play that U2 had gunfire wise.

IT DOES NOT EXIST ELSEWHERE.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 21 of 394 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7469 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

News Flash: U2 and U3 have the same health. There are just more ways to kill slower in U3.

Less health doesn't promote gunfights, more health does. Otherwise it's just: Shoot. Kill.

If you want gunfights to actually exist then endorse weaker blindfire accuracy, 3 hit melees, the removal of whack and roll, less power weapons on maps, less ammo for some power weapons, medal increases for some kickbacks, increasing the speed that you go into cover (they can do this as Monkey Man actually speeds it up strangely), and the removal of Fleet Foot. I'm sure someone will chastise me for saying remove Fleet Foot but the simple fact is that it would turn into U2 where you have the people with FF and everyone else, much like Classic mode right now. For gunfights to exist they can't be so skewed by faster strafing from FF when the game has this much aim assist and limited sensitivity options.

Message 22 of 394 (371 Views)
Fender Bender
4140 posts

Jan 11, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Also in that video look at how the gun fights made those players use cover more.

Tell me I'm wrong.

This one thing really has made some of the biggest aspects of this game disappear.

I have been searching other games to find that kind of game play that U2 had gunfire wise.

I played UC2 for over 300 hours, i know how it was. When 3 came out i never went back. Yes 2 did some things beter than 3, but 3 is the better overall game. 

-------------------

What a wasteland it's become
Message 23 of 394 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Jan 11, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

News Flash: U2 and U3 have the same health. There are just more ways to kill slower in U3.

Less health doesn't promote gunfights, more health does. Otherwise it's just: Shoot. Kill.

If you want gunfights to actually exist then endorse weaker blindfire accuracy, 3 hit melees, the removal of whack and roll, less power weapons on maps, less ammo for some power weapons, medal increases for some kickbacks, and the removal of Fleet Foot. I'm sure someone will chastise me for saying remove Fleet Foot but the simple fact is that it would turn into U2 where you have the people with FF and everyone else, much like Classic mode right now. For gunfights to exist they can't be so skewed by faster strafing from FF when the game has this much aim assist and limited sensitivity options.

Read further into what I said.

I'm talking about lowering the health by making all guns while aiming fire more accurate.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 24 of 394 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Jan 11, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Tell me I'm wrong.

I played UC2 for over 300 hours, i know how it was. When 3 came out i never went back. Yes 2 did some things beter than 3, but 3 is the better overall game. 

Yeah I have my time into U3 and U2 please don't look up my time in because I don't need a "you need to see the sun some time speech".

I still go back. You should try some time.

Message 25 of 394 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4140 posts

Jan 11, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

If you want gunfights to actually exist then endorse weaker blindfire accuracy, 3 hit melees, the removal of whack and roll, less power weapons on maps, less ammo for some power weapons, medal increases for some kickbacks, increasing the speed that you go into cover (they can do this as Monkey Man actually speeds it up strangely), and the removal of Fleet Foot. I'm sure someone will chastise me for saying remove Fleet Foot but the simple fact is that it would turn into U2 where you have the people with FF and everyone else, much like Classic mode right now. For gunfights to exist they can't be so skewed by faster strafing from FF when the game has this much aim assist and limited sensitivity options.

i agree with a lot of your fixes skin. It's a shame ND has been so passive on fixing this major issue 

-------------------

Message 26 of 394 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7469 posts

Jan 11, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Tell me I'm wrong.

Cover is broken in U3 because of how slow it is to get into it. If they speed it up this would make cover way more useful. Despite how high the health is most people die even if they try to get into cover they moment they start getting hit because it's so slow.

Also when they slowed down the blindfire run speed, they also increased the blindfire turn radius. Hence the zigzagging.

I found Resistance 2 and 3 to have really good gunfights, especially R3, but that game was ruined for me by lag that crippled my matches worse than anything in U3.

Message 27 of 394 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4140 posts

Jan 11, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Tell me I'm wrong.

Yeah I have my time into U3 and U2 please don't look up my time in because I don't need a "you need to see the sun some time speech".

I did and i lasted 3 matches.

What was it like? SA Campers everywhere.    <---- and that was the issue with 2 

-------------------

Message 28 of 394 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Tell me I'm wrong.

I did and i lasted 3 matches.

What was it like? SA Campers everywhere.    <---- and that was the issue with 2 

And we don't have that in U3?

Lets play the count the SA variants game in U3.

We have more SA in U3 than U2 ever had.

Message 29 of 394 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4140 posts

Jan 11, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

I found Resistance 2 and 3 to have really good gunfights, especially R3, but that game was ruined for me by lag that crippled my matches worse than anything in U3.

Shame too, i loved the one month i played res 3, fun game but the lag was unbearable 

-------------------

Message 30 of 394 (350 Views)
0 Likes