Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2668 posts

Re: Okay so don't know how to put this.

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

im just saying giving a booster like DTI which decreases bullet spread is like giving a booster that increases your health in a fighting game - everyone should be on the same playing field when it comes to such a core aspect of the gameplay.

most good gunfighters didnt like DTI.

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 394 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

most good gunfighters didnt like DTI. 

Really? DTI/FF was the staple booster combo.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 394 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2668 posts

Jan 12, 2013
sorry, ment self-respecting gunfighters

i give the people using rapid hands a clap
Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 394 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Blennerville wrote:
sorry, ment self-respecting gunfighters

i give the people using rapid hands a clap

OK, I got it: only "knobheads" used DTI/FF, right? :smileylol:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 394 (268 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Jan 12, 2013
My turn.
High-health or low bullet damage does not promote gun fights. Why do you think people hipfire and then press square? It's not cuz they suck at aiming.
0 Likes
Survivor
2668 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

really
its cuz blindfire, melee and dropping grenades yields better results for them than aiming does, thats why they do it.

its not cuz the health is too high, its cuz people will always abuse what is the latest and cheapest/easiest kill - they used the KAL7, then the FAL, then the Gmal, now its the M9 (though it isnt nearly being used to the same extent as the FAL and Gmal when is an indication that its not hugely overpowered like those weapons were - hence it doesnt hugely dominate the field of play to the same extent however it can be seen that it is completely oveused for blindfire.
reduce its blindfire accuracy and it will be as near to perfect possible.

the crushing lab was good cuz aiming was more effective - it yielded better results than blindfiring, meleeing (and also cuz there were no power weapons).

the OP has a point though, even if you nerf blindfire across the board, the tryhards will still cream the noobs since they are the only ones that can effectively control the recoil.
if it wasnt so difficult to aim the guns (and if it was more effective than blindfire) then more people would do that = duh!!!!.

they should treat the whole of UC3 as a beta/lab and actually find what works well.

Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 394 (234 Views)
Survivor
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

GamerAlexz wrote:
My turn.
High-health or low bullet damage does not promote gun fights. Why do you think people hipfire and then press square? It's not cuz they suck at aiming.

Or it's just simply the more effective way to kill players.

That really seems to me whats going on here.

ND isn't going to nerf blind fire no matter what we do. They want new players to have a way to compete and they have said this one way or another.

No doubt about it the aiming in this game is not on par with just about any other game I have played.

Aiming is more cumbersome on this game than RUNNING AROUND HIP FIRING.

Save me the b.s about skill.

I have a 2+ kdr 53k kills and have a QUIT % THE LAST TIME I CHECKED OF AROUND 2%.

I'm sure my kdr would be much higher if I would be backing out of challenging lobbies, psn signing out, or kdr quitting during the you know when period.

Any one who plays with me knows I don't quit. But most of you wont listen to any one whom doesn't have some inflated *** kdr.

I can aim just fine, it is just irritating in comparison with its counter parts.

The arguments on cover make no sense to me when you guys say more accurate guns would make the use of cover irrelevant. If any thing you are going to pay attention to it more, why ? Because your going to need it more.

High health + sprint makes + gun range makes cover less irrelevant .

Some one using a corner to hug while shooting? = a scrub tactic? Really you have to be kidding me! Its using cover.

What way do you guys want it, using cover or not.
 It's a smart thing to do. Seems you guys want the game to have cover but dont want people to use it when your shooting at them. You'd rather have them stand in the open so you can shoot them while you are using cover but not vise verse.

No wonder everything is so **** on this game. We nerf every thing to the point of uselessness,  want our own strategies to work but no one else' s,  everyone a scrub but I'm not mentalities,  and any time you bring up some thing thats just plain out broken people say you have no skill and need to adapt. It isn't adapting, its you just settling for what you have instead of what you could have.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 394 (218 Views)
Gaming Beast
2011 posts

Jan 12, 2013
It's the sprint. Sprinting gets you to places really fast. Doing that it makes you run into blindfire. Play a custom with sprint off. Zero blindfire.
Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 394 (211 Views)
Survivor
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

I'm just saying that this core thing was poorly thought out and a mechanic that doesn't really make sense.

Most of this came to me watching my wife start to play U3 recently.

The first thing she started to do starting at a lvl 1 with the AK is burst fire it at any player at longer ranges.

At first I kind of smirked, but in reality she's right.

I asked her why she's doing that and she said it makes the gun more accurate.

I then asked why she thought that and she said because that's what you taught me on U2 and Battle field.

Guess what she does now................ you guessed it. Blind firing and punching.

Just to take this a bit further, she also asked me whats the point of legacy'ing.

I really don't have the best answer for that.

She asked do you get better boosters?

Do you get better guns?

God she's a metric **** load smarter than I am.

Shes right why didn't they originally have maybe only 3 boosters available until you first legacy then increase the available boosters. Or you start with the AK until you legacy, then you unlock more guns. No we have a poorly concieved treasure system that is 100% chance.

How about you get one load out and increase them as you legacy.

This would have made legacy'ing more relevant and a much more of a goal, than a shinny 75 shield or a couple of unoriginal skins.

This is coming from an outside perspective from some one who has watched me play games for nearly 15 years. Yeah, we been together that long and I'm not a 15 year old kid.

But back on topic, what she brought up should be common knowledge in a shooter.

I would settle for burst firing a AK or M9 at medium to long range way more accurate than it is now.

One last question, when some one says I don't like the guns more accurate because I'd die climbing---- why is your choice to evade gun fire exposing your biggest part of your body?

But then when some one is out in plain sight for all those who complain about some one shooting from cover, is using fleet foot and he's considered to be a scrub. WTH? What do you really want in a shooter for crying out loud.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 394 (197 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Jan 12, 2013
We want 400% health cuz higher-health is more skilled. **bleep**? No.
-.-
Crushing health and Machinist's idea ftw!
0 Likes