Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Re: Okay so don't know how to put this.

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

Blennerville wrote:
just played a few games of deathmatch after i got fed up with the lab.

i am rusty now but i can say the aiming/recoil system is a joke.
i should have seen it coming in the beta - i only ever used the dragon (my precious) or the gmal.

yes the recticles are a joke - its actually funny but the Gmal probably has the best one (over the shoulder view).

they are all very poor though - hard to see - and also makes it hard to see your enemy at distance, though that is also down to the very bad textures.

almost all the maps have bad visuals - where you cant see enemys clearly when they are standing in front of some particular texture - they blend in with their background - the grey stone walls in village are very bad for this but it also the same case on most maps.

the recoil system is just bad and promotes run n gun gameplay.

So little story about last night.

I threw in my U3 disc to play some customs with my wife and a bunch of friends (U3 friends).

We play shotguns 20% health. We played for a looooong time.

Afterwards everybody was just talking about how bad the power weapons have got nerfed since U2.

Many of us were all agreeing that the shotgun (sas) should be this powerful in regular matches.

Being its scarce and not a kickback we all were asking ourselves, why is it so nerfed.

Its a easy kill no matter what. To me that's the point of a power weapon.

Its late really cant think of too much more to add to this right now other than this,

U3..... the go to game for the Ps3..... the skill game........the fun game......

umm yeah, I bought my wife a ps3 on friday the U3 bundle 250gb package and all she wants to play is BF3.

Figure that one out.

@ Blennerville

I guess I'm not the only one who thinks the flower design of the reticules for the U3 guns are horrid.

Who the **** came up with that design.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 351 of 394 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
775 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

@ DEATH__MACHINIST

a20198610 wrote:

"G-Mal had and have ability to kill players with 2 bursts - and it's not LAG (...) Previous aim assist could give you 2HK kills even when your enemy strafed in head to head situation."

"I'm sorry but I'm playing U3. I don't have the option to play the game and not see lag."

Of course, You can't not see lag. But since ND nerfed that crazy AA, I never, literally never experienced 2HK instant kills while I strafed back and forward, with or without Fleet Foot. No matter how good or bad was my enemy, if that was was on closer, or on longer range, or he/ she had Accuracy mod.
That's the best proof that 2HK on strafing players were possible only thx to AA. Not thx to their skill.

About that sentence:

"Well the reason why I was ok with lower recoil, was fact that people with good aim still gonna have instant kills. (...) If we could have separated hitboxes I would be against it. Especially when even noob like me still can have Long Ranger medals with Elena's G-Mal actually. But now, when I think about it more from perpective worst/ some medicore players I think nerf recoil was too much. Unlike people who didn't seen antything bad about pre 1.13 G-Mal aim assist."

Of course that first sentence should looking:
"Well the reason why I was ok with nerfed/ higher recoil, was fact that people with good aim still gonna have instant kills." - that could confuse, so I wanted explain that sentence. My bad here.

To the point:

a20198610 wrote:
        "Anyway, I'm just curious; If You would have only 1 option:
        - nerf blindfire accuracy (especially of M9, Para9 and Kal)
        - or make all guns easier to control on longer ranges
        What You would like to have more?"

@ B_Smiley
    "Simple, I choose the second one. Because I won't have to get close to just aim my shots effectively while I can just blindfire anyway."

My favourite mode in U3 it's Team Obj. and belive me or not, that mode have a lot more close combat/ blindfire situations than TDM. The reasons of this are:
- King Of The Hill
- Turf War
- Chain Reaction
- Capture The Idol
- Chateau
- London Underground
- etc., etc.

You simply can't use there scoped guns same effective like automatics against tryhard parties equiped in 4-5 M9's. You simply can't stay away from blindfiring. And this is the reason why I would like to have nerfed blindfire accuracy for Para9, M9 and Kal7 more, than buffed aim mechanics.

After this we could talk about buff aiming mechanics.

@ DEATH__MACHINIST

"I would choose to make all guns easier for longer range and aimed fire. Heck I'd even take the ability to choose you OWN reticule since the AK's and M9's are just terrible."

Like I said it, It would be fine, if we could have lower recoil and bullet spread for automatics, then we could have again pre 1.13 G-Mal recoil, and all guns could be almost same useful on longer ranges. Of course G-Mal would be here slighty better, but it's pretty obvious that G-Mal should be better than automatics on longer ranges.
However, in that situation ND MUST reduce aim assist of automatics. At least to the line of current G-Mal and FAL AA, or ever more: nerf AA of all guns to the line of U2 AA.
I wroted that once, but I repeat, if someone didn't noticed before:

Higher health in U3 it's a FAKE.
Diffrence between AK's  demage in U2 and AK's demage in U3 it's like 1 bullet, 2 more for pistol, etc., etc.
It's not real pre 1.05 U2 health, where M92F pistol required 8 shots in body, and 3-burst FAL required minimal 3 bursts.

Instead of making lower demage, ND decided to increase recoil of automatics and their bullet spread.

And thats why they buffed AA for automatics.

That high AA wouldn't be necessary, if we could have thing what You want.

In the final words:
I'm fine with buff aiming mechanics, but not with current AA of AK and M9. Let's see what ND figure about this in TLOU and Uncharted 4.

.........................................................................................................
Step back ND. King is Back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE
Message 352 of 394 (322 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Feb 3, 2013
I wanna say something bout high health: it makes ppl go crazy. For instace, when I try to take cover from an enemy shooting at me, they will blindfire and run at me cuz the high health gives them the chance to survive
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Feb 3, 2013
@Alex

Aim better. If he has the time to kill you you also have the time to kill him if he walks straight at you.
Message 354 of 394 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:
@Alex

Aim better. If he has the time to kill you you also have the time to kill him if he walks straight at you.

Alternatively, blindfire back. If he can reach you with blindfire, you can reach him with blindfire.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 355 of 394 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Feb 4, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:
@Alex

Alternatively, blindfire back. If he can reach you with blindfire, you can reach him with blindfire.

That's the thing why is blind fire even a legit strategy?

What happened to aiming is always more accurate than hip fire?

My personal opinion is that the gmal was so widely used because of this one main component.

It has the least irritating reticule for aiming. Both zoomed and unzoomed do not block your view.

I know it also fired accurate and that was another reason, but for me I chose it also because of the latter.

Noticing my wife playing single player this weekend I notice that the recoil is way easier to control then the multi player.

Why is this? The reticules are more like U2 but when you play the multi player they change.

Why have a different aiming system for both game types?

Some one who plays through the single player and learns the mechanics of aiming then has to learn them all over again when playing the multi player.

Check it for your self...... try the para, the kal, and the ak.

I didn't get to see the M9 so i cant comment on that.

What if you get some newbie to multi player that has played the single player over and over on the hardest setting and may even platinum the game.

Then he comes to the online portion and goes WT F?

My wife was burst firing on the single player and it seemed that the recoil was manageable.

Her gun of choice was the kal 7. She really liked it in story mode.

She cant stand it online.

I personally never noticed this because I hardly remember the story mode.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 356 of 394 (249 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Feb 4, 2013

If I get a chance tonight I will put up some screen shots of this.

Post'em if you got them.

Message 357 of 394 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Feb 5, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:
@Alex

That's the thing why is blind fire even a legit strategy?

What happened to aiming is always more accurate than hip fire?

My personal opinion is that the gmal was so widely used because of this one main component.

It has the least irritating reticule for aiming. Both zoomed and unzoomed do not block your view.

I know it also fired accurate and that was another reason, but for me I chose it also because of the latter.

Noticing my wife playing single player this weekend I notice that the recoil is way easier to control then the multi player.

Why is this? The reticules are more like U2 but when you play the multi player they change.

Why have a different aiming system for both game types?

Some one who plays through the single player and learns the mechanics of aiming then has to learn them all over again when playing the multi player.

Check it for your self...... try the para, the kal, and the ak.

I didn't get to see the M9 so i cant comment on that.

What if you get some newbie to multi player that has played the single player over and over on the hardest setting and may even platinum the game.

Then he comes to the online portion and goes WT F?

My wife was burst firing on the single player and it seemed that the recoil was manageable.

Her gun of choice was the kal 7. She really liked it in story mode.

She cant stand it online.

I personally never noticed this because I hardly remember the story mode.

Last time I used the KAL7 in singleplayer, it had absolutely no recoil, or recoil so low it didn't matter. If that was in the multiplayer, you wouldn't need any other gun.

Besides, blindfire has been a legitimate strategy ever since sprint negated all possible situations where people would be battling it out at range.

"You wanted to aim? I'm sorry, I was too busy running over to you and steelfisting to notice." Things like that.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 358 of 394 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

Yesterday, I had 2 players in 2 different games blindfiring with their Para-9. However, I found small cover. It was the wall pole thing in the Plaza map. I was running around it in circles while he was behind me blindfiring. It took around 10 seconds until he killed me. 

HE WAS CHASING ME IN CIRCLES AND BLINDFIRING. -.-

0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1930 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Uncharted 2 had aiming down it was perfect IMO

Message 360 of 394 (193 Views)