Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Re: Okay so don't know how to put this.

Jan 31, 2013

I fully know that the gmal kills in six bullets (two) bursts.

I'm just saying it only kills in that situation if the player is on target and there is very little lag.

If your standing still and the gmal kills you in two bursts, you were standing still.

If a player kills you while moving he could have got lucky or had decent aim.

If your standing still some one can also kill you in one melee neck snap.

I agree the gmal needed a slight nerf but not the funeral that ND gave it.

If there was gun balance in this game everyone one would be arguing that this or that gun is over powered, or this or that gun is better.

You'd see way more diversity in play. You simply don't.

I play normally all high max levels and have 50k kills 20k deaths on here and I can tell you one

thing. I rarely ever see and diversity.

If I do its this, M9 rate of fire, M9 rate of fire with BF accuracy, Flynn's M9.

I rarely see a dragon, gmal, or AK.

Some thing is definitely wrong.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 341 of 394 (278 Views)
Wastelander
775 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

I just trying to tell You that:
- G-Mal had and have ability to kill players with 2 bursts - and it's not LAG
- pre 1.13 could kill You under 1 second on all ranges coz G-Mal unlike automatic didn't had recoil and bullet spread

That's all. About this video.

Previous aim assist could give you 2HK kills even when your enemy strafed in head to head situation.

It's hard to say if player who killed me or You with 2 bursts while we strafed had decent aim, or it was only aim assist of his gun.

I would like to have lower recoil for FAL and G-Mal. (just like they have it when You equip Acc. mod)

(I even made a thread about this)

I would also have a lower blindfire acc. at least for M9 and Para9. (I also made thread about this anyway)

Then we could have true gun balance. IMHO.

.........................................................................................................
Step back ND. King is Back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE
Message 342 of 394 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Jan 31, 2013

I also played few friendly 1v1 against very good players. With one of them I made my first 1v1 in this mp. That person asked me about that 1v1, to show me how G-Mal is overpower in his opinion. I was on opposite side about this yet. Just like I expected, I lost; 7 to 11 in Syria, and like on 6 face to face situation I won just 2. (We both had Fleet Foot. He used Acc. G-Mal, I used Elena's G-Mal)

Huh?

Acc mod for the gmal is just that. Making it more accurate.

It loses reload speed and max ammo and call out over Elenas G-gal.

That's the trade off.

If he misses you, you'll reload faster and have more bullets.

You'll also mark him for other team mates to see.

They shouldn't play exactly the same. That's the customization that players wanted.

Now we have it.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 343 of 394 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Jan 31, 2013

a20198610 wrote:
I just trying to tell You that:
- G-Mal had and have ability to kill players with 2 bursts - and it's not LAG
- pre 1.13 could kill You under 1 second on all ranges coz G-Mal unlike automatic didn't had recoil and bullet spread

That's all. About this video.

Previous aim assist could give you 2HK kills even when your enemy strafed in head to head situation.

I'm sorry but I'm playing U3. I don't have the option to play the game and not see lag.

When I got killed by the pre nerf gmal it felt like one burst hit. I was fine with it because I know

it was lag.

Now the gun that usually for me kills in three bursts due to lag is useless.

Message 344 of 394 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
775 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

Huh?

That's the trade off.

They shouldn't play exactly the same. That's the customization that players wanted.

Now we have it.

Well the reason why I was ok with lower recoil, was fact that people with good aim still gonna have instant kills. Take a look how accurate was Acc. G-Mal, even o typical sniper range:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utkAEBICCzA

If we could have separated hitboxes I would be against it. Especially when even noob like me still can have Long Ranger medals with Elena's G-Mal actually.

But now, when I think about it more from perpective worst/ some medicore players I think nerf recoil was too much. Unlike people who didn't seen antything bad about pre 1.13 G-Mal aim assist.

Ps  It's hard to say if player who killed me or You with 2 bursts while we strafed had decent aim, or it was only aim assist of his gun. I also killed strafed people with 2 bursts sometimes. Like Once on 20 killls, but still. Did I lagged then? ;>

.........................................................................................................
Step back ND. King is Back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE
Message 345 of 394 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Jan 31, 2013

a20198610 wrote:

Huh?

That's the trade off.

Now we have it.

Well the reason why I was ok with lower recoil, was fact that people with good aim still gonna have instant kills. Take a look how accurate was Acc. G-Mal, even o typical sniper range:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utkAEBICCzA

If we could have separated hitboxes I would be against it. Especially when even noob like me still can have Long Ranger medals with Elena's G-Mal actually.

But now, when I think about it more from perpective worst/ some medicore players I think nerf recoil was too much. Unlike people who didn't seen antything bad about pre 1.13 G-Mal aim assist.

No the aim assist was to high. I can totally agree with that.

I had a thread asking for a 50% reduction in it.

The gmal was really difficult to use in a custom friendly fire match because of the lack of aim assist.

Message 346 of 394 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
69 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

I really think that most gamers anymore have a miss skewed
view of what "skill" really can be.
Just because a gun has a large amount of recoil and you
manage it, is that really skill?
Is more buttons and more controls and more load outs and more kick backs
really skill?
Gaming use to be all about reflexes and eye to hand coordination.
Now its just the best load out.

Remember the original mario brothers?
How many buttons did you need to play that maybe two?
It took a good bit of skill to play it.

Crappy recoil mechanics that were ill thought out don't require skill,
they require a blind eye to see that they are simply that (generic and poorly designed).

I'm just wondering what will you guys think when the last of us is released and it may have
the same mechanics of U2.

How far are we really willing to go to create "skill" in a game before we loose "fun".
What's next,  will players have to actually machine their own bullets, earn gun permits,
go to an in game hospital to get healed?

We are confusing "skill" with tolerance for the mistakes ND made on this game.
I for one have a lot less tolerance than skill, and that's still not much.

True.

Many bad elements are still in the game and are fine by ND and the COMMUNITY (more emphasis on COMMUNITY incase you didn't notice).

On one side:

- A rifle with a circular recoil with no way to control it even with bursting is fine, and you're a scrub/tryhard for choosing the other rifle.

- Two semi-automatic guns having a ridiculous input-cap in top of the recoil and the very little aim assist in a fast pace game with a strict hit-detection-system is considered fine and must you obtain a skill to conveniently time your shots.

On the other side:

- The ability to throwback grenades that are few meters away from you with an "adequate" time is considered hard and takes time to master.

I'm confused...

a20198610 wrote:
Anyway, I'm just curious; If You would have only 1 option:

- nerf blindfire accuracy (especially of M9, Para9 and Kal)

- or make all guns easier to control on longer ranges

What You would like to have more?

Simple, I choose the second one. Because I won't have to get close to just aim my shots effectively while I can just blindfire anyway.

Message 347 of 394 (238 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

B_Smiley wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

I really think that most gamers anymore have a miss skewed
view of what "skill" really can be.
Just because a gun has a large amount of recoil and you
manage it, is that really skill?
Is more buttons and more controls and more load outs and more kick backs
really skill?
Gaming use to be all about reflexes and eye to hand coordination.
Now its just the best load out.

Remember the original mario brothers?
How many buttons did you need to play that maybe two?
It took a good bit of skill to play it.

Crappy recoil mechanics that were ill thought out don't require skill,
they require a blind eye to see that they are simply that (generic and poorly designed).

I'm just wondering what will you guys think when the last of us is released and it may have
the same mechanics of U2.

How far are we really willing to go to create "skill" in a game before we loose "fun".
What's next,  will players have to actually machine their own bullets, earn gun permits,
go to an in game hospital to get healed?

We are confusing "skill" with tolerance for the mistakes ND made on this game.
I for one have a lot less tolerance than skill, and that's still not much.

True.

Many bad elements are still in the game and are fine by ND and the COMMUNITY (more emphasis on COMMUNITY incase you didn't notice).

On one side:

- A rifle with a circular recoil with no way to control it even with bursting is fine, and you're a scrub/tryhard for choosing the other rifle.

- Two semi-automatic guns having a ridiculous input-cap in top of the recoil and the very little aim assist in a fast pace game with a strict hit-detection-system is considered fine and must you obtain a skill to conveniently time your shots.

On the other side:

- The ability to throwback grenades that are few meters away from you with an "adequate" time is considered hard and takes time to master.

I'm confused...

a20198610 wrote:
Anyway, I'm just curious; If You would have only 1 option:

- nerf blindfire accuracy (especially of M9, Para9 and Kal)

- or make all guns easier to control on longer ranges

What You would like to have more?

Simple, I choose the second one. Because I won't have to get close to just aim my shots effectively while I can just blindfire anyway.

I would choose to make all guns easier for longer range and aimed fire.

Heck I'd even take the ability to choose you OWN reticule since the AK's and M9's are just terrible.

If you nerf blind fire your going to lose players that like that style of game play.

I know how it feels to have ND nerf the play style that you like.

Every one plays differently, just because you don't like the way they play doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game.

For instance I HATE I MEAN HAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEE shot guns in BF3.

Some people love them and have 90% of their kills with them.

They like using their camera to center up and fire instead of using L1 to aim fire.

If DICE would remove shot guns you would remove those players that enjoy the way they like to play.

The solution DICE had for this was, different bullet types for shot guns.

Buck shot-extreme close range

Flechette rounds- medium range

Slug rounds-  long range or close range head shot only.

Now instead of nerfing the shot gun they gave players a choice of rounds for their play style.

It made long gun users happy and shot gun users happy uniformly.

Thats not what we do over here. We don't like how some one plays we nerf it till they play our way.

And we wonder why even after copying COD and BF3 like ND did we still lose players to those games.

You gotta remember its Uncharted, we play in a world of Super Powered power weapons, insane blind fire, 50% melees, Situational awareness, high levels of auto aim and laggy matches.

We lost the good mechanic of bursting and feathering recoil along with a pistol that was very accurate at long range that we had in U2.

I for one never really thought those were a problem in that game.

Only after ND started to copy other formulas did we start having all these problems.

They should have stuck to the formula that worked.

Message 348 of 394 (209 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Feb 1, 2013
DEATH_MACHINIST FTW!!!
2689 posts

Feb 2, 2013
just played a few games of deathmatch after i got fed up with the lab.

i am rusty now but i can say the aiming/recoil system is a joke.
i should have seen it coming in the beta - i only ever used the dragon (my precious) or the gmal.

yes the recticles are a joke - its actually funny but the Gmal probably has the best one (over the shoulder view).

they are all very poor though - hard to see - and also makes it hard to see your enemy at distance, though that is also down to the very bad textures.

almost all the maps have bad visuals - where you cant see enemys clearly when they are standing in front of some particular texture - they blend in with their background - the grey stone walls in village are very bad for this but it also the same case on most maps.

the recoil system is just bad and promotes run n gun gameplay.
Message 350 of 394 (155 Views)