Treasure Hunter
3693 posts

Re: Okay so don't know how to put this.

Jan 17, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Playing other games I now realize that
there are people that like certain ways of
playing a game, no matter how much they irritate you.

People like to use a shot gun as their main weapon (kal7) in U3.
People like to hip fire instead of aiming.
I just want the game to be equal to both parties.

The one thing Call of Duty does excellently. Aiming and Hipfire users can both play the game.

Which is the main essential reason why it's so popular. I may not like the health model on the new one, but it's certainly accessible to all.

They do have great balance between the too.

BF3 does as well, along with weapon balance of 50 guns.

ND should be able to balance the 7 we have.

I never was a big fan of COD for their hit detection.

I seem to get free kills being off target.

I get hit markers on players I'm clearly shooting behind while they are running.

It has like a bullet hit assist.  I really don't like that.

Moving over to BF3 you have to be accurate, it really doesn't help you at all.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 291 of 394 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3693 posts

Jan 17, 2013

The M9 and AK are suppose to have power at close to medium range
with a skill set of managing recoil while centering a target.

We took the balance away when we listened to the burn it with fire
players that liked the autos and didn't like the gmal.

Slowing the bullets down not between bursts but some thing like this
000..000 like we had to some thing like this 0.0.0...0.0.0 could have been a
better move towards balance.

If the M9 or AK are what people consider to be having skill with accuracy then
they should have absoultely no problem running around with a dragon.

We go to far here and give ND the wrong impression. We made the gmal out
to be a god gun that any beginner can pick up a destroy a seasoned vet.
Thats not the case.

When BF3 was released there was a glitch with the USAS -12 gauge when you equipped
12g frags and a certain combo of scope.
It was a glitch and not intended to be that way.
I mean you walk into a room and fire one round and kill 3 people.
Dice jumped on it quick and fixed that. That was a god gun.

They even have a video about it, here it is. Very funny to watch cartoon.
This DOES NOT RESEMBLE WHAT WE HAD WITH THE GMAL.

Think the sawed off as a load out weapon with the blind fire it had.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 292 of 394 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Jan 17, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

The M9 and AK are suppose to have power at close to medium range
with a skill set of managing recoil while centering a target.

We took the balance away when we listened to the burn it with fire
players that liked the autos and didn't like the gmal.

Slowing the bullets down not between bursts but some thing like this
000..000 like we had to some thing like this 0.0.0...0.0.0 could have been a
better move towards balance.

If the M9 or AK are what people consider to be having skill with accuracy then
they should have absoultely no problem running around with a dragon.

We go to far here and give ND the wrong impression. We made the gmal out
to be a god gun that any beginner can pick up a destroy a seasoned vet.
Thats not the case.

When BF3 was released there was a glitch with the USAS -12 gauge when you equipped
12g frags and a certain combo of scope.
It was a glitch and not intended to be that way.
I mean you walk into a room and fire one round and kill 3 people.
Dice jumped on it quick and fixed that. That was a god gun.

They even have a video about it, here it is. Very funny to watch cartoon.
This DOES NOT RESEMBLE WHAT WE HAD WITH THE GMAL.

Think the sawed off as a load out weapon with the blind fire it had.

Agreed, The G-Mal was the 2nd weapon designed for Long Range Combat. I never had a problem with the G-Mal besides its god-like stopping power. After that was nerfed i found it to be balanced. It could do its job while the M-9 and AK users could still run around and do their own thing.

The G-Mal IMO should have never needed this recoil adjustment but it only needed the aim assist nerf for it to be balanced. With the G-Mal out of the picture what guns are left

The M-9, The AK, The Dragon and the Kal. 

More players moved onto the M-9 since its alot more "well rounded" than the AK as it should be. I dont think any players moved onto the Dragon and players that moved onto the Kal are usually trolling.

This is where players dicovered how strong blindfire can be and in turn used the M-9 which has the strongest Blindfire capabilties besides the Kal. Since the G-Mal noobs to vets cant seem to hit there target at long range without wasting a clip (Not all users) they also have to give in and use an Automatic weapon if they are going to stand much of a chance.

So more players move to the M-9 and AK and Uncharted 3 becomes a Blindfire fest as we are seeing right now. Blindfire needs a nerf and it needs to be on how it auto locks or how the bullets spread when blindfiring.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 293 of 394 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 17, 2013
for me the Gmal was still OP even after the SP nerf - it was evident since everyone was still using it and you it didnt effect long range at all - it was too good - it was easy to two burst.
it is still a good gun now - you just cant spam it and get the same results.
increasing its recoil was ok but it should be slightly lower than what it is now.
making it a 7 HK would have been best though - could have even lowered its recoil then.

the FAL should be good at range - it is a longer range gun than the Gmal - the FAL is essentially a .308 (7.62x51mm) rifle
Message 294 of 394 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6647 posts

Jan 17, 2013

The stopping power, aim assist, and damage were the three things wrong with the GMAL.

It's stoppin made it a god weapon at mid to close because you could freeze people in their tracks, but that was nerfed it was left with good stopping power.

The aim assist was way too strong and clearly was a big part of why people would dominate with it against other guns because it let them be more even more accurate with an already very accurate gun.

The damage allowed two burst kills mainly at closer ranges which caused it be strong than an AK at the range where the AK should be better. You get both guns at level 1, yet the GMAL was obviously superior in long range as well as having superior damage making it better close range. Rather than lowering it's damage slightly and then maybe buffing it's accuracy so that it would be less powerful up close but still maintain superior range, instead they did the opposite making it's range worse and letting it still keep it's high damage up close.

They were doing so good until they effed it up at the last second. Granted the GMAL is still very strong, as I said it still packs a big punch at closer ranges due to it's damage, and if you can control the recoil it's still more accurate than automatics, but it's harder to be accurate at long ranges while still packing a punch up close which is completely backwards.

Message 295 of 394 (202 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6647 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

the FAL should be good at range - it is a longer range gun than the Gmal - the FAL is essentially a .308 (7.62x51mm) rifle

Changing the FAL to make it more of a ranged weapon than the GMAL would require completely changing the gun. Who cares if it's a longer range gun in real life. Real world gun comparisons don't matter. I prefer balance over realism thank you very much. Smiley Indifferent

Message 296 of 394 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Jan 17, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

The stopping power, aim assist, and damage were the three things wrong with the GMAL.

It's stoppin made it a god weapon at mid to close because you could freeze people in their tracks, but that was nerfed it was left with good stopping power.

The aim assist was way too strong and clearly was a big part of why people would dominate with it against other guns because it let them be more even more accurate with an already very accurate gun.

The damage allowed two burst kills mainly at closer ranges which caused it be strong than an AK at the range where the AK should be better. You get both guns at level 1, yet the GMAL was obviously superior in long range as well as having superior damage making it better close range. Rather than lowering it's damage slightly and then maybe buffing it's accuracy so that it would be less powerful up close but still maintain superior range, instead they did the opposite making it's range worse and letting it still keep it's high damage up close.

They were doing so good until they effed it up at the last second. Granted the GMAL is still very strong, as I said it still packs a big punch at closer ranges due to it's damage, and if you can control the recoil it's still more accurate than automatics, but it's harder to be accurate at long ranges while still packing a punch up close which is completely backwards.

The G-Mal was never ment for short-mid range but thats how its being used at the moment.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 297 of 394 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Jan 17, 2013

This is the biggest joke I have ever seen on this forum. You understand that decreasing the health would just make blindfire MORE effective, not less. Increasing accuracy lab would be dumb because people who enjoy playing lab would suffer from this. Playing hours of "accuracy" lab would make us be rusty when returning to a normal mode like obj. You are probably one of those kids who are like "the decreased health lab was the most fun I have had on uncharted." Well you had your fun now it is back to getting skill and playing this game the way it has been for over a year. I know all you want is quicker kill times so go play uc2 or maybe even COD. The normal thing I say to people like you.... IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT THERE IS THE DOOR.

R.I.P POGO
Message 298 of 394 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
8934 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

hamsterboy14 wrote:

This is the biggest joke I have ever seen on this forum. You understand that decreasing the health would just make blindfire MORE effective, not less. 

But of course. It would make blindfire more effective indeed, but also aiming down your sights more effective compared to hip firing. You have a better chance of killing them before they get too close. If there's a flaw in my logic please point it out. 

EDIT: I don't support a health decrease. A minor blindfire adjustment wouldn't hurt though. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 299 of 394 (165 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

Changing the FAL to make it more of a ranged weapon than the GMAL would require completely changing the gun. Who cares if it's a longer range gun in real life. Real world gun comparisons don't matter. I prefer balance over realism thank you very much. Smiley Indifferent

i just think it would have been better that way imo (probably wont happen) - it shouldnt be great in close range - thats for automatics.

but an alternative solution - just give the FAL the same amount of recoil as the para9

Message 300 of 394 (157 Views)
0 Likes