Survivor
2689 posts

Re: Okay so don't know how to put this.

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Blennerville wrote:
i think making the AK as good as the M9 (not talking blindfire) would be great for the game - noobs start with an AK after all.
its damage might be fine but it would also be fine at 6HK (M9 would still be better) - it would just be a better and more competitive gun

So, both of them should be 6HK? No, just no.

Automatics should have slightly weaker damage than semi-autos, because you can shoot them continuously.

Also, the M9 and the AK cannot have the same damage, because in that case the M9 RoF will always win.

no, you misunderstood - AK would be a 6HK but the M9 would stay at 8HK (that way they are more balanced with each other, i was just saying the M9 would still kill fractionally faster) - the AK's 7.62mm bullet backs twice as much power as the M9's 5.56mm

thats balanced,  and the FAL and KALs recoil should be lowered

Message 241 of 394 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7474 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Jumping back in a bit late here, but as to what Tap said:

Nerfing blindfire will reduce the player pool so buff aiming instead?

For one thing if you buff aiming so that blindfire is just as weak in comparison to if blindfire were strongly nerfed, then the people who would be **bleep** about blindfire being nerfed will still leave because for them it's the same result.

The other big issue I see with this is that the accuracy on the guns combined with their base times to kill are what make up what we are used to as the time it takes for us to die under normal circumstances. Lowering accuracy and "buffing" aiming will shorten this time and also lessen the gap between the people who have good aim and people who can't control their aim as well leading to more simultaneous deaths and also harder evasion when people get the drop on you.

Nerfing blindfire on the other hand just makes it harder to kill with blindfire and not make you die any faster for other circumstances. This is why I'm not a fan of indirect nerfs. Don't try to nerf blindfire by buffing aiming because then you get your desired result but other unintended consequences as well.

Message 242 of 394 (220 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5270 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Flawless83 wrote:

@tap

Mabye yes or mabye not...@south said it too and he never played 1.04, he has nor right to say things like "Aarggh, a 7HK would kill the Gmal!!!

And when yes, how much faster it was??? Surely not 50% - 70%!!!

Look at the old 1.04 you tube footage and you cant tell me that FAL ROF is significant faster,

everybody can see that.

But hey, when you would want ROF like U2(when I still think is more of the same) I would give you that and of the top of that a 3x40% hit melee.

But then I have you to ask...would you give me the Gmal scope adjustments that the Gmal balanceness wise need?  Smiley LOL

Because U2 FAL scope has significant differences(opposed to the ROF questionSmiley Tongue ) compared to Gmal scoped&zoom..

A burst-rifle is not intend to be a everyones Run&Gun weapon and @neveo explains it very good in his well written thread.

....the G-MAL has the same zooming when aiming non-scoped (without pressing R3) as the automatic rifles (M9, AK...). This, in a weapon that is intended for mid-long range kills, is absurd, specially when they made it right with the FAL in Uncharted 2, that was intended for the same purpose.

As you can see, the FAL did zoom further in Uncharted 2, making it great for mid to long ranges without the need of pressing R3. The zoom of the G-MAL in Uncharted 3 is the same as the one in the rest of the loadout weapons except the sniper. This is nonsensical, simple as that. If you have a weapon that is supposed to excel at mid-long range, the zoom shouldn't be similar to the automatics because they're intended for short-mid range, and the G-MAL is not. What causes this?

The weapon does it better than it should in these ranges, aswell as the range it's supposed to be better. With the increased zoom, the weapon feels clumsier when targeting close targets, as it should indeed feel.

Naughty Dog must bring the zoom from the U2's FAL back to U4.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/The-G-MAL-Why-it-s-unbalanced-a...

Fairness is a bitchk Smiley LOL

PS: More bullets per clip? You know the Gmal has the most ammo>kill ability???

In good times I can kill 2 opponents with 1 clip out of a stock Ak without reloding. And the Gmal Smiley Tongue

@death

2nd stament: Believe me, they were wrong and they were those which always said : "Blindfirer, you need 3 bursts to kill somone."

Hypocritical kids,  thats the sad truth!!!

The problem with ND new introduced recoil started in U2 learly lifespan, when some...how shall I say...whiners bitched about something which was never broken.

It started with "The AK kills me across the map"

1) Yes you could kill somone with an AK at mid range easily and in the short>longrange distance,

but only with 1) steady aim + 2) DTI equipped + 3) an opponnet which had no clue where cover is.

A 7HK FALer on the same skill level would have stomped you at that distance 8 out of 10 times like it should be (7HK=Gmal death my **bleep**)

2) But they suggested that it was aaacrrooos the map(Fort distance, Wall to wall)and bro that was simple not true.

This **bleep** lead us to U3 shoddy weapon mechanic!

ND:

"In Uncharted 2, you could fire the AK across the map with extreme accuracy, and thus players would tend to stick with the AK all the time."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-03-naughty-dog-addresses-uncharted-3-gunplay-debate

Maybe after 1.05, but in 1.04 see above...it was never that easy and surely not across the map.

Its like you said, you´re more fighting against the weapons when ADS so zigzag blindfiring is much easier in close range and thats not only an opinion, thats a fact.  A Para zizaging clown is deadlier than an aiming AK with  Accuracy.

@aureilia

There isn't one single balanced weapon in this entire game because it's just simply all over the place in terms of recoil, hit damage and so on.

Absoultly.

The sniper is way harder to master than the Gmal, you cant Run&Gun like with the Gmal...ok maybe Dai, but he has the skill to do that.

But it has the same **bleep** problems which the Gmal has or every 2HK weapon would has in a P2P game.

Easy, fast firing, 2HK high damage weapons dont belong in a P2P game. A sniper should be the only exception.

But I know where you coming from, had the same crap yesterday - no double damage but was killed with 1 sniper shot in the chest. Looked at the pre-video and suprise suprise...lag all over the place.

I'm sorry but do you even proof-read your own posts?

You are blaming LAG, not the gun.

Message 243 of 394 (200 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 16, 2013

tack129 wrote:

Flawless83 wrote:

Absoultly.

The sniper is way harder to master than the Gmal, you cant Run&Gun like with the Gmal...ok maybe Dai, but he has the skill to do that.

But it has the same **bleep** problems which the Gmal has or every 2HK weapon would has in a P2P game.

Easy, fast firing, 2HK high damage weapons dont belong in a P2P game. A sniper should be the only exception.

But I know where you coming from, had the same crap yesterday - no double damage but was killed with 1 sniper shot in the chest. Looked at the pre-video and suprise suprise...lag all over the place.

I'm sorry but do you even proof-read your own posts?

You are blaming LAG, not the gun.

Yeah. The Dragon might be 2HK and "fast-firing", but it has recoil, forced zoom, few bullets, etc etc. 

If we're taking out weapons that give people hell we should take out the M9.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 244 of 394 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
10048 posts

Jan 16, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

2) You are right. My bad.

Woah. I can't believe my eyes! Smiley Surprised I can leave this part of the forum happy now. Smiley Happy Not quite yet, so don't get your hopes up. 

I played few games of Uc3 after a short break, and being continuosly killed by blindfire was not fun. I say blindfire is the biggest problem in Uc3 at the moment. Should it be adjusted? Heck yes, please. Hipfire + melee roll combo just kills the experience for me but fortunately I've got plenty of other games to play.

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 245 of 394 (179 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 16, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Jumping back in a bit late here, but as to what Tap said:

Nerfing blindfire will reduce the player pool so buff aiming instead?

For one thing if you buff aiming so that blindfire is just as weak in comparison to if blindfire were strongly nerfed, then the people who would be **bleep** about blindfire being nerfed will still leave because for them it's the same result.

The other big issue I see with this is that the accuracy on the guns combined with their base times to kill are what make up what we are used to as the time it takes for us to die under normal circumstances. Lowering accuracy and "buffing" aiming will shorten this time and also lessen the gap between the people who have good aim and people who can't control their aim as well leading to more simultaneous deaths and also harder evasion when people get the drop on you.

Nerfing blindfire on the other hand just makes it harder to kill with blindfire and not make you die any faster for other circumstances. This is why I'm not a fan of indirect nerfs. Don't try to nerf blindfire by buffing aiming because then you get your desired result but other unintended consequences as well.

No, it's not the same thing.

I bet if you were in charge of UC3 MP development, you would remove blindfire completely... that means that blindfirers would not be able to get a single kill. Right?

Revamping aiming/SP would mean that blindfirers would still have a chance to kill you, as long as they adopted a sneaky playstyle (as it should be). Sneaky playstyle = someone who doesn't run like a headless chicken in the open, but instead uses cover to his advantage and will try to kill you from behind*.

I want to be killed by aimers and sneaky blindfirers. Currently, I rarely get killed by aimers (because aiming is punished) and I'm getting killed all the time by headless chickens running around with their KALs... not cool.

What I don't like about blindfiring is when an opponent is in front of me, I aim my freaking weapon and SP doesn't stop him right in his tracks. We usually die simultaneously, which shouldn't happen. Do you disagree with that?

If someone kills me in a sneaky way, I will congratulate him, because at least he used his brain, therefore he deserved the kill IMHO. On the other hand, you consider all blindfire kills "undeserved", whether they are from the front or from behind. It's a matter of perspective. I'm willing to compromise and accomodate other playstyles. I don't want it "my way or the highway"; that would be selfish and too egocentric.

Understand the difference?

What I want is a balanced and diverse ecosystem. People who want to eliminate blindfire, SA variants etc. don't want diversity; they want their playstyle to be the only playstyle. Gameplay balance in my eyes is associated with countermeasures (i.e. Cloaked, SP etc). As long as I can counter something with something else, then I don't mind. I hope I'm clear enough.

* An example of a skilled KAL7 player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM5lJ9-dsBE

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 246 of 394 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 16, 2013
yet people are objecting to the notion of lowering the recoil on the KAL o you can aim it while at the same time giving out about blindfire??? - logic ???
Message 247 of 394 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

2) You are right. My bad.

Woah. I can't believe my eyes! Smiley Surprised I can leave this part of the forum happy now. Smiley Happy Not quite yet, so don't get your hopes up.

Thanks for proving your bias. This is not the first time I admit that I'm wrong. I know when I'm wrong and I know when I'm right. Too bad you cannot do the same... maybe one day you'll grow up. Smiley Happy

Of course it's hard to see that when you wear blindfolds and objectivity is an unknown word for you... Smiley Wink

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 248 of 394 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Blennerville wrote:
yet people are objecting to the notion of lowering the recoil on the KAL o you can aim it while at the same time giving out about blindfire??? - logic ???

Do you want an aimable KAL-7? We already have it: it's called *gasp* M9 RoF. Smiley Wink

Indeed, this community's logic is so confusing sometimes... Smiley Indifferent

Message 249 of 394 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 16, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

Do you want an aimable KAL-7? We already have it: it's called *gasp* M9 RoF. Smiley Wink

Indeed, this community's logic is so confusing sometimes... Smiley Indifferent

but being serious - the KAL7's recoil should be lowered, you should be able to aim it easier

it would be much more balanced than the M9ROF - more recoil, less range, slower time to kill

Message 250 of 394 (148 Views)
0 Likes