Sackboy
477 posts

So The BIG news was free 2 play?

Feb 26, 2013
I find it some what hard to believe that the big news ND have been babbling on about for months is free 2 play. Simply because it affects those that own the game in no way whatsoever. The "more players so less lag" is not a good reason to be excited because this is easily countered by the amount of numptys that will now plague the game making it there main objective to team kill everyone and quit the game...... Naughty Dog, please tell me it wasnt the colors, or perhaps the platinum tier. Oh and what about those 40 new dlc items that are planned? 20 taunts and 20 hats perhaps? Please say no.
Message 81 of 187 (592 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Re: So The BIG news was free 2 play?

Feb 26, 2013

They hinted at it multiple times. 

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 82 of 187 (578 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3423 posts

Re: Official blog post: Uncharted 3 is Free to Play!

Feb 26, 2013
Lol @Arne ignoring all the posts about the game problems & focusing on the post about Money ... Smiley Happy
Message 83 of 187 (435 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

Feb 26, 2013

arne wrote:

Harold-Da-Man wrote:

Looks like F2P players will be spending about as much money as I did if they want to progress in any way whatsoever. I'm so glad I have the disc version.

The way things are structured are, if you want to play the full MP and you know you want it all from the beginning, you (and other players) should buy the GOTY version in store or by download. 

So your forcing people to buy the full version of the game. When the point of F2P should have been release just the multiplayer and make it cheap enough so EVERYBODY could afford it to poost the playerpool. The game is 2 years old. How do you expect everybody to pay full price for a game they've already tried and didn't like or didn't like it enough to pay full price for it?

Geez you people at ND just like to twist things around to get the most money out of the fanbase your trying to grow.

I didn't want to believe it at first so I gave you guys the benfit of a doubt. But after hearing what you guys are saying all I can say is WOAH.

My youtube channel ->

Now with Max Payne 3. Check it out.

Now on xbox live playing gears 3. GT Thumb Tac Zack. Hit me up.
Message 84 of 187 (426 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1117 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

A look outside of the box.

N4G post by Danja

I was excited for this since it's been knows for months
But after patch 1.17 yesterday all my excitement went out the door, I know I will get tons of disagrees for this but I don't really care, Uncharted 2 is one of my fave games ever unfortunately Uncharted 3 is one of the most overrated games ever, the Single player story is weak with tons of loops holes the story falls apart mid way through, the most anti-climatic boss fight & ending ever, not to mention the amount of game breaking bugs/glitches to be found in the single player with some people having the never ending Spinning ring so they can't even play or finish the game.

The Multiplayer was great during the BETA, the retail release is a mess, the current online game is a broken mess filled with laggers, UC3 is downright one of the laggiest online game EVER, not to mention the plethora of Technical probs in th game, no one aims anymore it's a complete blindfire fest. The game favors those with poor internet connect & punishes those with good connection, so all the people who will try this game for free will end Up running as far away from in it in the end because in it's current state it's pile of sh!t.

Naughty Dog is one of the most disgusting & disrespectful devs in the industry they don't care about their game community, they have tried to milk UC3 worse than Activitision does with COD, they are money hungry devs that have completely lost their way, and I expect them to destroy the online portion of TLOU & milk it for all it's worth while turning a blind eye to all the technical problems like they did with UC3.

So all you blind a$$ licking fanboys in here are a bunch of idiots for defending Naughty Dog.

P.S - before I get called a Xbot, I've never owned an xbox, check my comment history from 2007 on this site I defended the PS3 on this very site back when it was a breeding ground for xbox fanboys back in the day.

A multiplayer is supposed to feel the same as the game before it. You made that mistake with Uc3 but it was manageable. Now with Uc4 this is just ridiculous.

DeFy Sushi
Message 85 of 187 (546 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Feb 26, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:
Lol @Arne ignoring all the posts about the game problems & focusing on the post about Money ... Smiley Happy

Yeah exactly don't even follow game websites as IGN anymore, just look at wallstreet THAT is where the real gaming news is at Smiley Happy .

Pre DLC, micro transactions, a demo looking better then a full game, a beta being better then a full game, a multiplayer code pass and the list goes on.

Wondering what the next new sceem will be Smiley Very Happy .

Message 86 of 187 (539 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7465 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Lenown wrote:

arne wrote:

Harold-Da-Man wrote:

Looks like F2P players will be spending about as much money as I did if they want to progress in any way whatsoever. I'm so glad I have the disc version.

The way things are structured are, if you want to play the full MP and you know you want it all from the beginning, you (and other players) should buy the GOTY version in store or by download. 

So your forcing people to buy the full version of the game. When the point of F2P should have been release just the multiplayer and make it cheap enough so EVERYBODY could afford it to poost the playerpool. The game is 2 years old. How do you expect everybody to pay full price for a game they've already tried and didn't like or didn't like it enough to pay full price for it?

Geez you people at ND just like to twist things around to get the most money out of the fanbase your trying to grow.

I didn't want to believe it at first so I gave you guys the benfit of a doubt. But after hearing what you guys are saying all I can say is WOAH.

At ND:

-"Uh oh... looks like our plan to add the tournament and make people want to buy tickets is failing. Without this no one will be buying anything from us."

+"What if we released a demo for the U3 multiplayer to hook as many new players as we could to replace our disappointed fans that we've already alienated?"

-"As long as we give them 15 levels free I'm sure it'll be fine. After all it took our QA testers a month just to get that far!"

+"I bet our existing fans will also be pumped to repay for a downloadable version of the game even though it costs more than a physical copy did on release."

Message 87 of 187 (539 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Oh it affects us. Say hello to Chateau and London Underground all over again. xD

Message 88 of 187 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Really disappointed that the core fans have to pay up to have a copy of the game on their hard drive without level limits. That doesn't even include DLC that we've paid off. Certainly something I won't be doing.

Guess now I know why they put Deception in their game name.

All I hope is that matchmaking and team choosing is based on W/L ratio and not level.

Message 89 of 187 (501 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4140 posts

Feb 26, 2013
opening your game up to about roughly 65 million people for free isn't big news?

-------------------

What a wasteland it's become
Message 90 of 187 (501 Views)