Reply
Highlighted
Aug 11 2012
By: Waffle_Monster07 Wastelander 583 posts
Offline

▲[OFFICIAL]Support For Splitscreen Players [21+ Kudos]▲

[ Edited ]
32 replies 370 views Edited Aug 19, 2012

Splitscreen players have many disadvantages, which cause them to be more vulnerable to the enemy. Also, the guest may/usually be new to the game which is not too fair for them. Like if a friend comes over to your house to play U3, its not going to be fun for them to get destroyed by more experienced players, not saying that it happens every time, but it does occur. So what if ND created a match making playlist that is dedicated to splitscreen players, so they can vs others that are using this feature. There could be many ways of cheating for an experienced player to play against these people.,But it might work. For deathmatch, it could be a 4v4 since the 5th player won't be parterned up, plus it will be more fair to prevent alternate accounts from joining, if matchmaking were to look for a player. Thanks for reading, and please leave your comments.

BF3 Stats
My Youtube Channel--> http://www.youtube.com/user/WaffleMonster07?feature=mhee
Message 1 of 33 (370 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/18/2012
Offline
1290 posts
 

Re: Support For Splitscreen Players.

Aug 11, 2012

Waffle_Monster07 wrote:

Splitscreen players have many disadvantages, which cause them to be more vulnerable to the enemy. Also, the guest may/usually be new to the game which is not too fair for them. Like if a friend comes over to your house to play U3, its not going to be fun for them to get destroyed by more experienced players, not saying that it happens every time, but it does occur. So what if ND created a match making playlist that is dedicated to splitscreen players, so they can vs others that are using this feature. There could be many ways of cheating for an experienced player to play against these people.,But it might work. For deathmatch, it could be a 4v4 since the 5th player won't be parterned up, plus it will be more fair to prevent alternate accounts from joining, it matchmaking were to look for a player. Thanks for reading, and please leave your comments.


Yes yes yes! And fix the custom character glitch ASAP. Great thread Waffle.

Also 3TDM only splitscreen could work. Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 33 (364 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/18/2012
Offline
1290 posts
 

Re: Support For Splitscreen Players.

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012
Kudoed now. Smiley Happy And Eric/Evang are both on right now, I know you're reading this so help out the splitscreeners. Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 33 (360 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 12/18/2011
Offline
43 posts
 

Re: Support For Splitscreen Players.

Aug 11, 2012
I kudoed. I play on split screen occasionally and play like 10x worse. They need to fix that glitch at least.
Message 4 of 33 (352 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/08/2011
Offline
583 posts
 

Re: Support For Splitscreen Players.

Aug 11, 2012

I think sound is very distracting to the players. Its gets pretty confusing, maybe ND should make each players sound come out from left/right side of the tv so you don't get overlapping noise. 

BF3 Stats
My Youtube Channel--> http://www.youtube.com/user/WaffleMonster07?feature=mhee
Message 5 of 33 (339 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/25/2011
Offline
2440 posts
 

Re: Support For Splitscreen Players.

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

Just so you guys know, ND told a forumer here on a PM that they know about these glitches, but they're low on the priority list ' cause it doesn't affect the larger player pool.

Message 6 of 33 (330 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/18/2012
Offline
1290 posts
 

Re: Support For Splitscreen Players.

Aug 11, 2012

Waffle_Monster07 wrote:

I think sound is very distracting to the players. Its gets pretty confusing, maybe ND should make each players sound come out from left/right side of the tv so you don't get overlapping noise. 


Another good idea. I never can tell where the shooting is coming from since sometimes it's my brother's screen. Kinda annoying. Smiley Indifferent
Message 7 of 33 (328 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/18/2012
Offline
1290 posts
 

Re: Support For Splitscreen Players.

Aug 11, 2012

RedLegend14 wrote:

Just so you guys know, ND told a forumer here on a PM that they know about these glitches, put they're low on the priority list ' cause it doesn't affect the larger player pool.


That was only about the custom character glitch, I thread I made a while ago. Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 33 (322 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/30/2012
Offline
180 posts
 

Re: Support For Splitscreen Players.

Aug 11, 2012
I support this thread. And yeah I agree that the split screen issues need to be dealt with asap. Did Naughty Dog say when they were going to fix this? In patch 1.14 or 1.15?
"There emptiness makes me whole, there weakness makes me strong, there destruction is my creation". - Calypso
Message 9 of 33 (309 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/18/2012
Offline
1290 posts
 

Re: Support For Splitscreen Players.

Aug 11, 2012

MaximillionPegs wrote:
I support this thread. And yeah I agree that the split screen issues need to be dealt with asap. Did Naughty Dog say when they were going to fix this? In patch 1.14 or 1.15?
No official timeline yet, hopefully sooner though. Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 33 (300 Views)
Reply
0 Likes